Mon Jan 27, 2014, 02:05 PM
Laxman (1,164 posts)
Christie Crime Digest-Vol. I [View all]
Last edited Sun Dec 14, 2014, 09:24 AM - Edit history (208)
You need a program just to follow the action! Here are some shortcuts to help you keep up. Its so much more than Bridgegate!
And its too big for just one volume! Check out Christie Crime Digest Vol. II with all the latest updates!
Governor Christie-Always managing to "keep it classy"! Get back here you so I can have the State Troopers beat you up!
1. You've got the Hunterdon County mess. The Quashing of a Case Against a Christie Ally: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/nyregion/43-count-indictment-of-a-christie-ally-quashed.html?smid=pl-share&_r=0 A quick primer on just how scummy Guadagno is and how valuable it is to be a FOC'er (Friend of Chris).
2. There's the Pinelands Pipeline for the Koch Brothers. Panel Blocks Gas Pipeline in New Jersey Pinelands: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/nyregion/panel-blocks-gas-pipeline-near-aquifer-in-new-jersey.html We'll sacrifice a globally important habitat to make a few bucks for the Kochs and their friends.
3.The GWB caper that now has its own Wikipedia page!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Lee_lane_closure_scandal Now you know you've made it when you have your own Wikipedia page.
4. The Hoboken Shakedown. Christie top lieutenants said Sandy money ‘connected’ to city redevelopment plan: Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/hoboken-mayor-dawn-zimmer-christie-top-lieutenants-sandy-money-connected-redevelopment-plan-article-1.1583828 This is the big one boys and girls. Extortion, misuse of federal funds, the key to Pandora's box. THIS is the one that's going to bring him down.
5. The firing of the Highlands Council Executive Director-complete with intimidation of Highlands Council members. Editorial: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie moves to fire a Highlands Council director he can't control: http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2012/03/nj_gov_chris_christie_moves_to_1.html All must obey or else.
6. Misuse of Sandy money (thought we forgot about that one, didn't you?)Feds investigate Christie's use of Sandy relief funds: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/politics/christie-feds-investigating-sandy-ads/ Hey, so what if I used a few bucks to make a family beach movie.
7. Todd Christie-(oh, that not "fair game") Christie says: Lay off his brother SEC probe that cleared Todd Christie is unfair game, he said.: http://articles.philly.com/2009-04-07/news/25287471_1_negative-campaigns-monitoring-contract-contributions Hey, if you can't use your position to help out your brother, what good is having it?
8. Christie & Ashcroft. Ashcroft Deal Brings Scrutiny in Justice Dept.: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/washington/10justice.html?pagewanted=all You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
9. Christie's Travel Expenses. Chris Christie, while U.S. attorney, often exceeded travel expense budget: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/gov_christie_cited_as_us_attor.html Always travel first class!
10. Christie & Michelle Brown (very interesting) Christie May Have Gotten Improper Aid : http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/nyregion/20brown.html?pagewanted=all Don't worry Chris, Michelle's got it all under control. That's what you paid for isn't it?
*For a more thorough understanding of the relationship between Christie and Michelle Brown (and its far smellier than the Fenimore landfill in July) check out PNWMom's outstanding post here: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024326360
11. Port Authority patronage ("they came in like cockroaches") At Port Authority, Christie Appointees Took Control : http://www.wnyc.org/story/port-authority-christie-appointees-control/ Who's got the Raid?
12. Diversion of the ARC Tunnel funds (perhaps the most damaging for the long term) Report Disputes Christie’s Basis for Halting Tunnel: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/nyregion/report-disputes-christies-reason-for-halting-tunnel-project-in-2010.html?pagewanted=all There are no words. This is just disgusting.
*just a little update on this fiasco-Analysis: New Jersey Facing Hefty Price Tag For New Rail Tunnels http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/10/22/analysis-new-jersey-facing-hefty-price-tag-for-new-rail-tunnels/ Nice job governor-place the entire region at risk and cost us billions-brilliant!
What does the future hold? The Amazing Chriswell tells me to watch for Sea Bright, Belmar e-mails and Sandy Money. And Remember My Friends-Future Events Such As These Will Effect YOU In The Future!
13. The air pollution monitor closest to the George Washington bridge shut off at the height of the Ft. Lee lane closures (a working monitor would have raised the alarm to the Department of Environmental Protection that the pollution levels were too high, probably triggering the re-opening of the Fort Lee lanes) Air Monitors See Spike in Pollution During 'Bridgegate': http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/01/22/air-monitors-see-spike-in-pollution-during-bridgegate
14. The Christie administration has fired the contractor in charge of handing out Sandy relief money for the state -- without announcing it to the public. Christie officials fire Hurricane Sandy contractor in the dark: Editorial: http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2014/01/christie_officials_fire_sandy.html No money for actual victims but tens of millions for incompetent political hacks! Nice job Christie.
15.Who can I blame for leaving the brand new dual mode locomotives in the flood zone during Sandy? Hearings Loom On Decision To Leave One Third Of New Jersey Transit Trains In Hoboken And Kearney During Sandy (resulting in $120M in damaged trains and equipment - part of the Hoboken Shakedown?): http://www.northjersey.com/news/Senate_panel_to_hold_hearings_on_NJ_Transit_decision_to_leave_third_of_fleet_in_Hoboken_Kearny_during_Sandy__.html It wasn't my fault! Who knew the flood zone would flood during a hurricane?
16:The Belleville Red Herring: After its mayor endorsed Christie, Belleville got $6M in federal Sandy money -- for a senior housing development not affected by the storm Christie used Sandy funds for senior complex in town where mayor endorsed him: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/questions_raised_about_christies_use_of_sandy_funds_to_build_complex_in_town_where_mayor_endorsed_hi.html May not have been Sandy related but he did endorse Christie. Time for your payment Mr. Mayor!
*(Update on # 16- Turns out there was actually more money sent to Belleville- $10.2 million- for a non Sandy project- http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/nj_gives_more_federal_funds_to_controversial_belleville_project.html)
Might as well add some more:
17: Slurping at the Harrison NJ trough - a $250M development deal has financial ties to Christie's bother Todd, as well as his Port Authority pal David Sampson (who voted for the project) Governor Christie's brother invested in real estate near new PATH station in Harrison : http://www.northjersey.com/news/Governors_brother_invested_in_houses_near_new_PATH_station_in_Harrison.html Being the Governor is the next best thing to having a brother who is governor.
18: Christie Loyalist To Run Ethics Panel That Would Get Bridgegate Complaints: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/01/29/christie-loyalist-to-run-ethics-commission-that-would-field-bridgegate-complaints/ When there's trouble on the horizon it pays to fix the game.
This is a big one (thanks Rocktivity & Highplainsdem!)
19: "Rockefeller Group, a real estate developer whose proposed office complex in Hoboken, N.J...has terminated its contract with the firm Wolff & Samson." Hoboken Site Developer Dismisses Law Firm But as long as the firm's founder David Sampson still has a job with the Port Authority, does it really matter? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/nyregion/hoboken-site-developer-dismisses-law-firm.html I'm sure poor old Wolff & Sampson will be O.K. but Rockefeller Group certainly recognizes the smell of death when its in the air.
20. Through his lawyer, Wildstein claims to have proof that Christie knew all about it (Hints at PA Legal Fees and/or Immunity) Letter From Wildstein’s Lawyer on Lane Closings: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/01/nyregion/bridge-letter.html Hopefully we'll all hear about it!
21. Part of the diversion of Sandy money to projects unrelated to Sandy. $4.8 million in Sandy relief funds went to help build New Brunswick apartment complex (thanks LiberalEsto) $4.8 million in Sandy relief funds went to help build New Brunswick apartment complex : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/48_million_in_sandy_relief_funds_went_to_new_brunswick_apartment_complex.html But its so much more important for the mayor to have endorsed Christie!
22. Christie took 10 months to implement federal Sandy aid law, report says. Part of the attempt to keep total control of the Sandy money for Christie's own purposes and aggrandizement Christie took 10 months to implement federal Sandy aid law, report says: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/christie_took_10_months_to_implement_federal_sandy_aid_law.html Oh, those silly rules.
The hits just keep coming in! I'll keep adding them. There will be more. Hope this proves to be interesting reading.
(edited again because the hits just keep coming in!) And another thing!
23. The slimiest of his slimy moves. He lied on TV. got sued for defamation and had to print a full page apology in the local paper: Chris Christie’s 1994 ad was too tough (and inaccurate) for Jersey: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chris-christies-1994-ad-was-too-tough-and-inaccurate-for-jersey/2014/01/19/b69f0d86-7ef8-11e3-93c1-0e888170b723_story.html A classic example of scumbaggery!
* and for your reference in relation to entry #23, in case you couldn't tell what a slimeball he is, here is the video of the ad that got him sued:
What kind of person sits there with his smiling wife and baby beside him and lies to the camera like that? Someone without morals!
24. Christie administration staffer resigns amid lane closures probe. Christine Renna says good-bye to her gig at the Governor's Office. A nice follow up article here: Resigned Christie staffer is married to Pinelands pipeline company exec: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/resigned_christie_staffer_is_married_to_pinelands_pipeline_company_executive.html I'm sure they never talked about it at home-and if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell....oh, that may not be the best saying to use around Christie's people.
Let Me See. How Can I Manage To Use My Influence To Rig This Decision & Make A Boatload Of Money At The Same Time?
25. BEFORE BRIDGEGATE & HOBOKEN, A SCANDAL CHRISTIE CAN’T SHAKE -the Christie administration has been trying to escape a pension probe that implicates Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno.(thank you Willie T) :http://newjersey.watchdog.org/2014/01/21/before-bridgegate-and-hoboken-scandals-there-was-doublegate/ Guadagno is as dirty as the snow on the side of the Turnpike. She may go down before Christie.
26. Nothing New but an interesting take on Christie from 2009 called Chris Christie's Closet from Politicker NJ: http://www.politickernj.com/humorme/28755/chris-christies-closet#.Ulb72rjVFo0.twitter
27. Lawyers for Christie administration are seeking documents and a "private interview" from Hoboken mayor Dawn Zimmer. She has already given the documents to the Feds. As for the interview, she and her lawyer "question whether it is appropriate for the Governor’s Office, in essence, to be investigating itself..." Lawyers for Christie administration seeking documents, interview with Hoboken mayor: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Lawyer_for_Christie_administration_seeking_documents_interview_with_Hoboken_mayor_.html We just want to talk to you-you know "talk".
28. Report: Wolff & Samson profited from Port Authority takeover of Atlantic City airport-Wolff & Samson, the West Orange-based law firm cofounded by Port Authority chairman David Samson, profited off a deal struck by the agency last year to takeover Atlantic City International Airport, according to a report Tuesday by WNYC. The Power Broker: How Christie's Port Point Man Plays All Sides of Transit Deals : http://www.wnyc.org/story/atlantic-city-airport-samson/?utm_source=Newsletter%3A+WNYC+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6e75377c4d-Daily_Brief_Jan_27_20141_26_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_edd6b58c0d-6e75377c4d-70663857 Yeah, this is related to the port's business, sure it is. As long as the business of the port is making money for Sampson.
29. Chris Christie Named In Federal Tort Claim Lawsuit! Christie “utilized his office as a collection agency for his relatives and extorted money from the claimant for the benefit of his family in violation of the Hobbs Act.” (say it ain't so!) Christie Named In Federal Lawsuit http://njtoday.net/2009/05/27/christie-named-in-federal-lawsuit/ Wasn't this an episode of the Sopranos in Season 3?
30. Samson on THREE SIDES of a publicly financed real estate deal for the American Dream Mall monstrosity! Representing the Developer, the financing agency and the regulatory body controlling the site How can this be allowed to happen? As Inquiry Widens, Port Authority Chief May Lose His Low Profile: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/nyregion/post-scandal-future-unclear-for-port-authoritys-low-profile-leader.html?_r=0 This is just beyond anybody's comprehension of corruption.
31. Thomas Michaels, Longtime Christie Friend, Involved In Traffic Scandal-Somebody had to actually be in charge of putting out the cones! Thomas Michaels, Longtime Christie Friend, Involved In Traffic Scandal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/16/thomas-michaels-chris-christie-traffic-bridge-scandal_n_4798423.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
32. Christie ally Brian O'Toole, who somehow found his way onto the legislative committee investigating Bridgegate will likely be subject to a bit of scrutiny himself (thanks Alp227 & Roctivity) Bridge investigation committee member could face subpoena: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/bridge_investigation_committee_member_could_face_subpoena.html
33. Well one way to keep your underlings from turning on you is to give them lucrative jobs. Former Christie staffer under subpoena takes job with Port Authority (It only pays $184,000/yr.): http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/former_christie_staffer_under_subpoena_takes_job_with_port_authority.html#incart_most-comments
34. Chris Christie's lawyer for bridge scandal withdraws as Port Authority's counsel in separate lawsuit. (Conflict of interest is just business as usual for these scumba-I mean attorneys): http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/bridge_scandal_lawyer_for_christie_withdraws_as_port_authoritys_counsel_in_outside_lawsuit_observers.html#incart_river
35. New Port Authority conflict issue emerges: NJ Transit got $1 lease while a client of David Samson's law firm: http://www.northjersey.com/news/New_Port_Authority_conflict_issue_emerges_NJ_Transit_got_1_lease_while_a_client_of_David_Samsons_law_firm.html?page=all
36. Leader of Port Authority’s Police Union to Reduce Role Amid Bridge Scandal: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/nyregion/leader-of-port-authoritys-police-union-to-step-aside-amid-bridge-scandal.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0
Mmmmmmm...Baby! My Favorite.
37. Chris Christie's Mansion Fund Collected Millions From Political Favor Seekers-what a great idea! :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21/chris-christie-drumthwacket_n_4826459.html There's nothing to see here!
38. David Samson's business interests overlap with work at Port Authority-Ethics 101-No Conflicts of Interest! : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/david_samsons_business_interests_overlap_with_work_at_port_authority.html#incart_m-rpt-1 Quod Est In Loco or How To Always Be On The Winning Side By Being On Every Side.
39. Christie Aide Joked of Traffic Jam at Rabbi’s House, Documents Show (release of more Wildstein e-mails & texts) http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/nyregion/documents-show-christie-allies-discussed-another-traffic-jam.html?hp These guys are just a bunch of jokesters!
40. No, its not just you, he's IS a horse's ass Chris Christie’s problem is that he’s really, truly a bully: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/08/chris-christies-problem-is-that-hes-really-truly-a-bully/ A sociopath and a bully-great combination.
41. Thank you sir, may I have another: Chris Christie’s political bullying goes all the way back to college: http://www.salon.com/2014/01/18/chris_christies_political_bullying_isnt_surprising_hes_been_doing_it_since_college_partner/ Put Niedermeier on the job-he's a sneaky little shit just like you.
42. Christie is a bully. A blustering bully! Stories Add Up as Bully Image Trails Christie (Its a shame that the guy he was abusive to was just named head of the Assembly Judiciary Committee-where impeachment proceedings start!): http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyregion/accounts-of-petty-retribution-reinforce-christies-bullying-image.html Consistency is the hobgoblin of the small mind.
43. The municipal clerk at Fort Lee Borough Hall this morning released 911 and police communication tapes from last September's lane closures at the George Washington Bridge. Bridge scandal: 911 tapes of GWB lane closures released:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/911_tapes_of_george_washington_bridge_lane_closures_released.html#incart_m-rpt-1 Hey, nobody dies.
44. Drip, Drip Drip..... Port Authority chairman hit with ethics complaint by NJ Working Families Alliance: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/port_authority_samson_ethics_complaint.html#incart_m-rpt-1 We'll see where this goes.
45. Good Lord! How much about Samson needs to come out before anything is done? In Job, Appointee Profits and Christie Gains Power (This is a "must read" for anyone who needs to be reminded just how rigged the game can be): http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/04/nyregion/in-job-appointee-profits-and-christie-gains-power.html?ref=nyregion Any other lawyer would have been disbarred in a heartbeat. He just gets richer.
46. Bill (Billy Baloney) Baroni lands himself a cushy job with a politically connected law firm (Hill Wallack was the model for Wolff & Samson)- Baroni lands new job with Mercer County law firm: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/baroni_lands_new_job_with_mercer_county_law_firm.html At least until the attorney ethics committee takes a good look at his testimony in front of the Bridgegate committee.
47. Here's a shocker! Christie manipulated the Port Authority for his own political benefit. (I know that most of you will find this hard to believe) Secrecy at heart of Port Authority toll-hike ploy: http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/political_stile/Stile_Secrecy_at_heart_of_Port_Authority_toll-hike_ploy.html Hey if you don't like it, run for governor yourself!
48. This guy won't be losing his pension to save Christie or any of his cronies, that's for sure! Head of Port Authority Police Union Questioned in Bridge Inquiry: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/05/nyregion/head-of-port-authority-police-union-questioned-in-bridge-inquiry.html?_r=0 We'll see how deep loyalty runs.
These Are Just Not As Much Fun As They Used To Be (well not for the governor, but for us?)
49. Hoboken mayor: Christie administration is back peddling on city's cut of Sandy aid: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/03/hoboken_mayor_christie_administration_is_back_peddling_on_citys_cut_of_sandy_aid.html Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned.
50. SECOND Samson Fed Subpoena Rescinded-David Samson subpoenaed by federal prosecutors in N.Y but will defer to NJ U.S. Attorney's investigation: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/feds_rescind_subpoena_to_port_authority_chairman_samson.html#incart_river_default
51. Analysis: What's Wrong With Chris Christie's Government? Sounds like a punch line for a joke doesn't it?: This kind of sums up the root of his troubles. http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/03/11/analysis-what-s-wrong-with-chris-christie-s-government/ Let me count the ways.
52. Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/nyregion/even-before-fort-lee-lane-closings-port-authority-was-a-christie-tool.html?_r=0 Where else do you dump your political hacks?
53. Did Christie Go Easy on a Human Trafficker Just to Bust a Small-Time Pol? This is what you get when you appoint someone who never saw the inside of a courtroom as US Attorney: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/17/did-christie-go-easy-on-a-human-trafficker-just-to-bust-a-small-time-pol.html That's just a crazy idea.
54. You really have to appreciate good performance art! Emails show Christie's ex-campaign manager thanked ex-Port official for testimony that was eventually discredited (but then again-we already knew this at DU didn't we?) Thanks Rocktivity: http://www.northjersey.com/news/emails-show-christie-s-ex-campaign-manager-thanked-ex-port-official-for-testimony-that-was-eventually-discredited-1.744676
55. Apparently being involved in political corruption continues to be a resume builder with the GOP. Bill Stepien scores job at GOP consulting firm, report says:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/bill_stepien_scores_job_at_gop_consulting_firm_report_says.html
56. Quod Est In Loco (The Fix Is In) seems to be the motto for everyone around Christie. Bombshell: How The Fix Was In On Christie's 'Stronger Than The Storm' Ad : http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117066/christies-stronger-storm-jersey-shore-post-sandy-ad-cover
57. Thanks for the memories! Christie just wanted some souvenirs of his Town Hall meetings, not trying to intimidate anybody or anything. Man snapping photos of protestors at Christie town hall says he's a state policeman!: http://www.politickernj.com/72088/plainclothes-cameraman-snaps-pictures-protesters-chris-christie-town-hall
*Update-Turns out it was indeed a state police detective photographing critics of Christie for "security" purposes". The Fuhrer would be so proud! N.J. trooper who photographed protesters at Christie event was posing as media, AG says:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/nj_trooper_who_photographed_protesters_at_christie_event_was_posing_as_the_media_ag_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1
58. So much for the withdrawal (#50) US Attorney in New Jersey Presses Inquiry on Christie Ally: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/nyregion/us-prosecutors-in-new-jersey-sought-port-authority-records-on-bridge-contracts.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0
59. Woof Woof! Christie continues being dogged at the town halls! Christie confronted on GWB scandal during town hall meeting - http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-confronted-on-gwb-scandal-during-town-hall-meeting-1.746748?page=all
60. What happens when you don't distribute disaster aid to the victims? They're still living in motels 18 months after the storm! Sandy victims were living at Point Pleasant Beach motel destroyed by fire: http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2014/03/point_pleasant_beach_motel_destroyed_by_fire_housed_hurricane_sandy_victims_after_storm.html#incart_m-rpt-1
And If You Mention Extortion Again-I'll Have Your Legs Broken!
61. Samson Resigns! But Christie Stands By Him-Christie embraces an embattled Samson, stands by 'General' amid ethics questions: http://www.northjersey.com/news/stile-christie-embraces-an-embattled-samson-stands-by-general-amid-ethics-questions-1.753709
62.Christie releases a sham of an investigative report that may contain a little more than intended-Analysis: Some evidence seems to contradict Mastro report's findings on Christie: http://www.northjersey.com/news/analysis-some-evidence-seems-to-contradict-mastro-report-s-findings-on-christie-1.753711
63. Mr. Mastro's report seems to have caused some ire with Ms. Kelly's attorney-Christie bridge scandal report is 'sexist' and Bridget Kelly 'is no liar,' her attorney says: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/bridget_kellys_attorney_accuses.html#incart_m-rpt-1
64. Trouble ahead-trouble behind! Mr. Maraziti is going to provide the evidence that Dawn Zimmer is not a liar. Hoboken to consider waiving attorney-client privilege for city lawyer in inquiries: http://www.msnbc.com/steve-kornacki/hoboken-consider-waiving-attorney-client-privilege-for-city-lawyer-christie-scandal
Update on # 64: Hoboken council says attorney can testify about Zimmer's Sandy aid allegations: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/04/hoboken_council_says_city_redevelopment_attorney_can_testify_about_zimmers_sandy_aid_allegations.html
65. Mastro's report contains an interesting recommendation designed to serve Christie's political ambitions at expense of the long term health of the region. Breaking Up PA Would Solve Christie's Transportation Trust Fund Problem: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/03/31/breaking-up-port-authority-would-solve-christie-s-transportation-trust-fund-problem/
66. Let's give PNWmom some props! DING DING DING! Why would Christie try to TORPEDO the billion $ Fort Lee redevelopment-a thread ahead of its time: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251349067
67. So, this is what a can of worms looks like! How Christie's Office Used Government Employees to Win Endorsements http://www.wnyc.org/story/bridgegate-docs-christies-government-aides-sought-election-endorsements/
68. And you thought this was interesting up until now! Christie press secretary testifies before bridge scandal grand jury: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/in_bridge_scandal_grand_jury_investigation_is_underway_upping_the_ante.html
69.Game On! Looks like my "source" was telling the truth. En Vino Veritas! David Wildstein Meets With Prosecutors in Christie Bridge Probe. (Cue Mr. Burns-Exxxcellent) http://www.mainjustice.com/2014/04/06/david-wildstein-meets-with-prosecutors-in-christie-bridge-probe/
70. Here is a great summation of Christie's character-low as it may be. Crossing Christie- What the bridge scandal says about the Governor’s political style, and his future. A great article by Ryan Lizza in the New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/14/140414fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all
71. No tapes? No transcripts? Just what kind of an investigation was this? Much Ado About Nothing: No Tapes, Transcripts of Mastro Interviews: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/09/much-ado-about-nothing-no-tapes-transcripts-of-mastro-interviews/
72. NYC district attorney launches wide-ranging investigation into Port Authority-The Manhattan district attorney has launched a wide-ranging investigation into the Port Authority, issuing a subpoena for communications between Governor Christie’s office and agency officials: http://www.northjersey.com/news/nyc-district-attorney-launches-wide-ranging-investigation-into-port-authority-1.938968
AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you call now-we'll throw in a second report absolutely free that will exonerate YOU- just fill your own name in on the cover. Just pay separate shipping & handling. But act fast-supplies are limited. All for the same low price of $1,000,000! Call 1-800-WHITEWASH
73. When you're unethical-it pays to control the ethics committee! Former watchdogs accuse Christie of interfering with state ethics agency: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/former_watchdogs_accuse_christie_of_interfering_with_state_ethics_agency.html#incart_m-rpt-1
74. Want some Sandy aid for your town? All you've got to do is PLAY BALL! Playing Ball With Chris Christie: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/10/playing-ball-with-chris-christie
75. I'll take Rhetorical Questions for 600 Alex. Did Christie Aides Cover Up Bridgegate? http://bit.ly/1jBzZk8
76. Here's one we've known here all along-it was just confirmed in the interviews. Christie's office gave less attention to mayors who didn't support governor, official said http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/christies_office_gave_less_attention_to_mayors_who_didnt_support_governor_official_said.html#incart_m-rpt-1.
77. Now that the interview memos are released this evaluation of the report seems even more on target. A Jilted Lover, a 'Crazy' Man and Diane Sawyer: What Christie Crisis Management Looks Like : http://www.wnyc.org/story/what-crisis-management-looks-jilted-lover-crazy-man-and-diane-sawyer/
78. Can you say kick-back? Sure you can. Take a million in tax payer funds, give $10,000 of it right back as a "commission" to the Republican Governor's Association headed by the guy who hired you! Firm hired for probe is GOP donor; $10,000 disclosed as Christie backs unlimited contributions: http://www.northjersey.com/news/firm-hired-for-probe-is-gop-donor-10-000-disclosed-as-christie-backs-unlimited-contributions-1.996692
79. Pride Goeth Before A Fall-Like any good conman, Christie thought he could talk his way out of this mess-apparently not- Christie’s Mastro Mistake: Report Backfires Politically, Legally: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/16/christie-s-mastro-mistake-report-backfires-politically-legally/
80. Gems from the Mastro report. They don't have scandals! He Said, She Said: Quotable Moments From The Bridgegate Interviews: http://bit.ly/1t7e898
81. Apparently the SEC isn't as down with Christie's budget gimmicks and slight of hand as the Port Authority under Samson was. SEC probing New Jersey Governor Christie's transport funding: report:http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/us-usa-new-jersey-sec-idUSBREA3O25I20140425
82. The Man Who Would Be King! NJ debt downgraded for fifth time under Christie-Nice job Mr. Fiscal Conservative: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/05/nj_debt_downgraded_for_fifth_time_under_christie.html#incart_m-rpt-1
83. And Christie wanted to put THIS guy on the NJ Supreme Court! Port Authority lawyer called before grand jury in federal GWB inquiry- Come in and have a seat Mr. Kwon: http://www.northjersey.com/news/port-authority-lawyer-called-before-grand-jury-in-federal-gwb-inquiry-1.1007092
84. Aaaannd Samson Takes the 5th!-GWB scandal: Samson says he will not turn over any more documents to legislative panel : http://www.northjersey.com/news/gwb-scandal-samson-says-he-will-not-turn-over-any-more-documents-to-legislative-panel-1.1008126
Oh, The Huge Manatee! It's not like New Jersey hasn't seen something like THIS before. To quote the governor: "there's something going down tonight and it ain't jobs honey" If you're going to go down-it might as well be in flames!
85. It's all over now baby blue! -Prosecutor Is Closing In on Gov. Christie Seems Mr. Fishman has been hard at work!: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/christie-investigation?click=promo
86. The Manhattan district attorney and the Securities and Exchange Commission...have zeroed in on possible securities law violations stemming from a $1.8 billion road repair agreement in 2011...(for) the Pulaski Skyway. 2nd Bridge Inquiry Said to Be Linked to Christie : http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/nyregion/2nd-bridge-inquiry-said-to-be-linked-to-christie.html?_r=0
87. Investigating the actions of Christie is apparently bad for your health. Port Authority inspector general dies at age 70http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/port_authority_inspector_general_dies_at_age_70.html
88. The Red Cross & Mary Pat Christie's spending on Sandy are apparently not suitable for public scrutiny- Red Cross: How We Spent Sandy Money Is a "Trade Secret" : http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/24506-focus-red-cross-how-we-spent-sandy-money-is-a-qtrade-secretq
89. Rest assured. All of the facts will come out. They're thinking about reform-which is so much more important than actually doing something! Cuomo-Christie Port reform group resolves to consider reform:http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/07/8548428/cuomo-christie-port-reform-group-resolves-consider-reform?top-featured-1
90. Its good to be friends with the governor! Port Authority was pressed by Christie administration to hire governor's former law firm, sources say: http://www.northjersey.com/news/port-authority-was-pressed-by-christie-administration-to-hire-governor-s-former-law-firm-sources-say-1.1047687
91. He's just a "stand-up" guy, isn't he? Chris Christie defends gun bill veto, declining to meet with Sandy Hook parents: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/chris_christie_defends_gun_bill_veto_declining_to_meet_with_sandy_hook_parents.html#incart_river
92. The Sandy Recover Czar is jumping ship. Marc, we hardly knew ya! Christie Hurricane Sandy 'storm czar' Marc Ferzan to resign:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/christies_storm_czar_mark_ferzan_to_resign.html
93. The American Dream Mall (formerly Xanadu) highlights the incestuous relationship between Christie, Samson and Lori Grifa, the Wolff & Samson lawyer/lobbyist who has played all sides of this project. Listen to Chris Christie and the American Dream Megamall https://www.wnyc.org/radio/#/ondemand/385992
94. Even a mouse knows what a liar Christie is! Chris Christie's bridge fiction: the Pulaski Skyway-Lincoln Tunnel claim debunked (Ledger Live video): http://www.nj.com/ledgerlive/index.ssf/2014/06/chris_christies_bridge_fiction_the_pulaski_skyway-lincoln_tunnel_claim_debunked_ledger_live_video.html#incart_river_default
95. Christie does a movie trailer! Christie posts then removes YouTube video mixing Hollywood with pension reform. But, thanks to Roctivity, we have a live link to this epic! Why did he take it down? Did The Rock threaten him?:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/christie_spoofs_the_movies_to_tease_new_plans_for_pension_system.html (see reply # 235 for the video link)
96. Will item #100 announce indictments? I don't know, but this sounds ominous! Bridgegate Committee Can't Call Any More Major Witnesses I'm pretty sure its not because of their concern over the preemption of children's programing on NJTV: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/07/15/bridgegate-committee-can-t-call-any-more-major-witnesses
Avert Your Eyes! Christie May Have Been Dancing... But Apparently Others Have Been Singing!
97. THIS should make any thinking person sick to their stomach-NJ Gov. Chris Christie's pension moves cost taxpayers and retirees billions $4 billion would have taken care of the pension shortfall! But NO-it's the public employees fault-disgusting.: http://www.ibtimes.com/gov-christie-shifted-pension-cash-wall-street-costing-new-jersey-taxpayers-38-billion-1667622
Follow up: When you look up the word disingenuous there should be a picture (granted taking up most of the page) of Christie: Christie Argues His Own Pension Law Is Unconstitutional: http://project.wnyc.org/christie/#latest-398752
*And yet another update! Chris Christie's Political Confidant And New Jersey Pension Overseer Resigns: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christies-political-confidant-new-jersey-pension-overseer-resigns-1726340 I guess the heat was on. He resigns for "family health reasons". Rocktivity has the line of day- "...the thought of being indicted made him sick" !
98. Why govern when using your office to raise campaign cash is so much more lucrative! Inside Chris Christie's Permanent Campaign: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/08/25/inside-chris-christie-s-permanent-campaign
99. You'll get nothing and like it! Commuters stuck because of tunnel constraints figure out that Christie nixed the additional tracks into NYC. Our idiot governor decides to argue with them on Twitter! Christie Tweet-Fights With NJ Transit Commuters: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/08/14/christie-tweet-fights-with-nj-transit-commuters#
100. I was hoping # 100 would announce indictments but-we'll give it to Charles Pierce for a Crime Digest worthy summary of Christie's hypocrisy and failings- The Passion Of Big Chicken, The Fleecing : http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Big_Chicken_Loses_Big
The story doesn't end here folks! Go to Christie Crime Digest Vol. II for more!
Damn You Christie Crime Digest! Why Won't You Leave Me Alone? When I'm President You're Dead!
305 replies, 27025 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Christie Crime Digest-Vol. I [View all]
|Kelvin Mace||Jan 2014||#1|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#40|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#12|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#8|
|Bernardo de La Paz||Jan 2014||#10|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#14|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#20|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#22|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#43|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#48|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#51|
|La Lioness Priyanka||Feb 2014||#74|
|La Lioness Priyanka||Feb 2014||#75|
|Corruption Inc||Jan 2014||#38|
|arely staircase||Jan 2014||#57|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#64|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Feb 2014||#87|
|Beach Rat||Feb 2014||#88|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Feb 2014||#116|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#133|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#134|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#140|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#144|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#147|
|Faux pas||Mar 2014||#152|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#155|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#161|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#163|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#164|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#165|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#171|
|Smarmie Doofus||Mar 2014||#176|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#177|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#179|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Mar 2014||#180|
|Beach Rat||Apr 2014||#193|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#194|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#203|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#213|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#215|
|yortsed snacilbuper||May 2014||#222|
|yortsed snacilbuper||May 2014||#223|
|Beach Rat||Oct 28||#278|