Mon Jan 27, 2014, 02:05 PM
Laxman (1,441 posts)
Christie Crime Digest-Vol. I [View all]
Last edited Fri May 22, 2015, 08:50 AM - Edit history (215)
You need a program just to follow the action! Here are some shortcuts to help you keep up. Its so much more than Bridgegate!
And its too big for just one volume! MAKE SURE TO VISIT Christie Crime Digest Vol. II with all the latest updates! As much good stuff as you will find here in Volume I, there's just as much in Volume II-which is growing bigger by the day-and now- supplemented by Volume III-The Prosecution!
Governor Christie-Always managing to "keep it classy"! Get back here you so I can have the State Troopers beat you up!
1. You've got the Hunterdon County mess. The Quashing of a Case Against a Christie Ally: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/nyregion/43-count-indictment-of-a-christie-ally-quashed.html?smid=pl-share&_r=0 A quick primer on just how scummy Guadagno is and how valuable it is to be a FOC'er (Friend of Chris).
* A little update-Christie Accuser Renews Request for Grand Jury Records http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202718401357/Christie-Accuser-Renews-Request-for-Grand-Jury-Records -I especially like the line "I'm sure there's a Mrs. McGovern who appreciates your paycheck". What scumbags. I generally don't resort to language of this sort but it's just so accurately descriptive.
2. There's the Pinelands Pipeline for the Koch Brothers. Panel Blocks Gas Pipeline in New Jersey Pinelands: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/nyregion/panel-blocks-gas-pipeline-near-aquifer-in-new-jersey.html We'll sacrifice a globally important habitat to make a few bucks for the Kochs and their friends.
3.The GWB caper that now has its own Wikipedia page!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Lee_lane_closure_scandal Now you know you've made it when you have your own Wikipedia page.
4. The Hoboken Shakedown. Christie top lieutenants said Sandy money ‘connected’ to city redevelopment plan: Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/hoboken-mayor-dawn-zimmer-christie-top-lieutenants-sandy-money-connected-redevelopment-plan-article-1.1583828 This is the big one boys and girls. Extortion, misuse of federal funds, the key to Pandora's box. THIS is the one that's going to bring him down.
5. The firing of the Highlands Council Executive Director-complete with intimidation of Highlands Council members. Editorial: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie moves to fire a Highlands Council director he can't control: http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2012/03/nj_gov_chris_christie_moves_to_1.html All must obey or else.
6. Misuse of Sandy money (thought we forgot about that one, didn't you?)Feds investigate Christie's use of Sandy relief funds: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/politics/christie-feds-investigating-sandy-ads/ Hey, so what if I used a few bucks to make a family beach movie.
7. Todd Christie-(oh, that not "fair game") Christie says: Lay off his brother SEC probe that cleared Todd Christie is unfair game, he said.: http://articles.philly.com/2009-04-07/news/25287471_1_negative-campaigns-monitoring-contract-contributions Hey, if you can't use your position to help out your brother, what good is having it?
*Todd Christie-the gift that just keeps on giving! Or is it the guy with gifts who just keeps on being given to? Chris Christie Officials Give Atlantic City Contract To Firm Of Governor’s Brother:http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-officials-give-atlantic-city-contract-firm-governors-brother-1888988 This seems to be a re-occurring theme.
8. Christie & Ashcroft. Ashcroft Deal Brings Scrutiny in Justice Dept.: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/washington/10justice.html?pagewanted=all You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
9. Christie's Travel Expenses. Chris Christie, while U.S. attorney, often exceeded travel expense budget: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/gov_christie_cited_as_us_attor.html Always travel first class!
10. Christie & Michelle Brown (very interesting) Christie May Have Gotten Improper Aid : http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/nyregion/20brown.html?pagewanted=all Don't worry Chris, Michelle's got it all under control. That's what you paid for isn't it?
*For a more thorough understanding of the relationship between Christie and Michelle Brown (and its far smellier than the Fenimore landfill in July) check out PNWMom's outstanding post here: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024326360
11. Port Authority patronage ("they came in like cockroaches") At Port Authority, Christie Appointees Took Control : http://www.wnyc.org/story/port-authority-christie-appointees-control/ Who's got the Raid?
12. Diversion of the ARC Tunnel funds (perhaps the most damaging for the long term) Report Disputes Christie’s Basis for Halting Tunnel: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/nyregion/report-disputes-christies-reason-for-halting-tunnel-project-in-2010.html?pagewanted=all There are no words. This is just disgusting.
*just a little update on this fiasco-Analysis: New Jersey Facing Hefty Price Tag For New Rail Tunnels http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/10/22/analysis-new-jersey-facing-hefty-price-tag-for-new-rail-tunnels/ Nice job governor-place the entire region at risk and cost us billions-brilliant!
What does the future hold? The Amazing Chriswell tells me to watch for Sea Bright, Belmar e-mails and Sandy Money. And Remember My Friends-Future Events Such As These Will Effect YOU In The Future!
13. The air pollution monitor closest to the George Washington bridge shut off at the height of the Ft. Lee lane closures (a working monitor would have raised the alarm to the Department of Environmental Protection that the pollution levels were too high, probably triggering the re-opening of the Fort Lee lanes) Air Monitors See Spike in Pollution During 'Bridgegate': http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/01/22/air-monitors-see-spike-in-pollution-during-bridgegate
14. The Christie administration has fired the contractor in charge of handing out Sandy relief money for the state -- without announcing it to the public. Christie officials fire Hurricane Sandy contractor in the dark: Editorial: http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2014/01/christie_officials_fire_sandy.html No money for actual victims but tens of millions for incompetent political hacks! Nice job Christie.
15.Who can I blame for leaving the brand new dual mode locomotives in the flood zone during Sandy? Hearings Loom On Decision To Leave One Third Of New Jersey Transit Trains In Hoboken And Kearney During Sandy (resulting in $120M in damaged trains and equipment - part of the Hoboken Shakedown?): http://www.northjersey.com/news/Senate_panel_to_hold_hearings_on_NJ_Transit_decision_to_leave_third_of_fleet_in_Hoboken_Kearny_during_Sandy__.html It wasn't my fault! Who knew the flood zone would flood during a hurricane?
16:The Belleville Red Herring: After its mayor endorsed Christie, Belleville got $6M in federal Sandy money -- for a senior housing development not affected by the storm Christie used Sandy funds for senior complex in town where mayor endorsed him: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/questions_raised_about_christies_use_of_sandy_funds_to_build_complex_in_town_where_mayor_endorsed_hi.html May not have been Sandy related but he did endorse Christie. Time for your payment Mr. Mayor!
*(Update on # 16- Turns out there was actually more money sent to Belleville- $10.2 million- for a non Sandy project- http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/nj_gives_more_federal_funds_to_controversial_belleville_project.html)
Might as well add some more:
17: Slurping at the Harrison NJ trough - a $250M development deal has financial ties to Christie's bother Todd, as well as his Port Authority pal David Sampson (who voted for the project) Governor Christie's brother invested in real estate near new PATH station in Harrison : http://www.northjersey.com/news/Governors_brother_invested_in_houses_near_new_PATH_station_in_Harrison.html Being the Governor is the next best thing to having a brother who is governor.
18: Christie Loyalist To Run Ethics Panel That Would Get Bridgegate Complaints: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/01/29/christie-loyalist-to-run-ethics-commission-that-would-field-bridgegate-complaints/ When there's trouble on the horizon it pays to fix the game.
This is a big one (thanks Rocktivity & Highplainsdem!)
19: "Rockefeller Group, a real estate developer whose proposed office complex in Hoboken, N.J...has terminated its contract with the firm Wolff & Samson." Hoboken Site Developer Dismisses Law Firm But as long as the firm's founder David Sampson still has a job with the Port Authority, does it really matter? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/nyregion/hoboken-site-developer-dismisses-law-firm.html I'm sure poor old Wolff & Sampson will be O.K. but Rockefeller Group certainly recognizes the smell of death when its in the air.
20. Through his lawyer, Wildstein claims to have proof that Christie knew all about it (Hints at PA Legal Fees and/or Immunity) Letter From Wildstein’s Lawyer on Lane Closings: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/01/nyregion/bridge-letter.html Hopefully we'll all hear about it!
21. Part of the diversion of Sandy money to projects unrelated to Sandy. $4.8 million in Sandy relief funds went to help build New Brunswick apartment complex (thanks LiberalEsto) $4.8 million in Sandy relief funds went to help build New Brunswick apartment complex : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/48_million_in_sandy_relief_funds_went_to_new_brunswick_apartment_complex.html But its so much more important for the mayor to have endorsed Christie!
22. Christie took 10 months to implement federal Sandy aid law, report says. Part of the attempt to keep total control of the Sandy money for Christie's own purposes and aggrandizement Christie took 10 months to implement federal Sandy aid law, report says: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/christie_took_10_months_to_implement_federal_sandy_aid_law.html Oh, those silly rules.
The hits just keep coming in! I'll keep adding them. There will be more. Hope this proves to be interesting reading.
(edited again because the hits just keep coming in!) And another thing!
23. The slimiest of his slimy moves. He lied on TV. got sued for defamation and had to print a full page apology in the local paper: Chris Christie’s 1994 ad was too tough (and inaccurate) for Jersey: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chris-christies-1994-ad-was-too-tough-and-inaccurate-for-jersey/2014/01/19/b69f0d86-7ef8-11e3-93c1-0e888170b723_story.html A classic example of scumbaggery!
* and for your reference in relation to entry #23, in case you couldn't tell what a slimeball he is, here is the video of the ad that got him sued:
What kind of person sits there with his smiling wife and baby beside him and lies to the camera like that? Someone without morals!
24. Christie administration staffer resigns amid lane closures probe. Christine Renna says good-bye to her gig at the Governor's Office. A nice follow up article here: Resigned Christie staffer is married to Pinelands pipeline company exec: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/resigned_christie_staffer_is_married_to_pinelands_pipeline_company_executive.html I'm sure they never talked about it at home-and if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell....oh, that may not be the best saying to use around Christie's people.
Let Me See. How Can I Manage To Use My Influence To Rig This Decision & Make A Boatload Of Money At The Same Time?
25. BEFORE BRIDGEGATE & HOBOKEN, A SCANDAL CHRISTIE CAN’T SHAKE -the Christie administration has been trying to escape a pension probe that implicates Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno.(thank you Willie T) :http://newjersey.watchdog.org/2014/01/21/before-bridgegate-and-hoboken-scandals-there-was-doublegate/ Guadagno is as dirty as the snow on the side of the Turnpike. She may go down before Christie.
26. Nothing New but an interesting take on Christie from 2009 called Chris Christie's Closet from Politicker NJ: http://www.politickernj.com/humorme/28755/chris-christies-closet#.Ulb72rjVFo0.twitter
27. Lawyers for Christie administration are seeking documents and a "private interview" from Hoboken mayor Dawn Zimmer. She has already given the documents to the Feds. As for the interview, she and her lawyer "question whether it is appropriate for the Governor’s Office, in essence, to be investigating itself..." Lawyers for Christie administration seeking documents, interview with Hoboken mayor: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Lawyer_for_Christie_administration_seeking_documents_interview_with_Hoboken_mayor_.html We just want to talk to you-you know "talk".
28. Report: Wolff & Samson profited from Port Authority takeover of Atlantic City airport-Wolff & Samson, the West Orange-based law firm cofounded by Port Authority chairman David Samson, profited off a deal struck by the agency last year to takeover Atlantic City International Airport, according to a report Tuesday by WNYC. The Power Broker: How Christie's Port Point Man Plays All Sides of Transit Deals : http://www.wnyc.org/story/atlantic-city-airport-samson/?utm_source=Newsletter%3A+WNYC+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6e75377c4d-Daily_Brief_Jan_27_20141_26_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_edd6b58c0d-6e75377c4d-70663857 Yeah, this is related to the port's business, sure it is. As long as the business of the port is making money for Sampson.
29. Chris Christie Named In Federal Tort Claim Lawsuit! Christie “utilized his office as a collection agency for his relatives and extorted money from the claimant for the benefit of his family in violation of the Hobbs Act.” (say it ain't so!) Christie Named In Federal Lawsuit http://njtoday.net/2009/05/27/christie-named-in-federal-lawsuit/ Wasn't this an episode of the Sopranos in Season 3?
30. Samson on THREE SIDES of a publicly financed real estate deal for the American Dream Mall monstrosity! Representing the Developer, the financing agency and the regulatory body controlling the site How can this be allowed to happen? As Inquiry Widens, Port Authority Chief May Lose His Low Profile: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/nyregion/post-scandal-future-unclear-for-port-authoritys-low-profile-leader.html?_r=0 This is just beyond anybody's comprehension of corruption.
31. Thomas Michaels, Longtime Christie Friend, Involved In Traffic Scandal-Somebody had to actually be in charge of putting out the cones! Thomas Michaels, Longtime Christie Friend, Involved In Traffic Scandal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/16/thomas-michaels-chris-christie-traffic-bridge-scandal_n_4798423.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
32. Christie ally Brian O'Toole, who somehow found his way onto the legislative committee investigating Bridgegate will likely be subject to a bit of scrutiny himself (thanks Alp227 & Roctivity) Bridge investigation committee member could face subpoena: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/bridge_investigation_committee_member_could_face_subpoena.html
33. Well one way to keep your underlings from turning on you is to give them lucrative jobs. Former Christie staffer under subpoena takes job with Port Authority (It only pays $184,000/yr.): http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/former_christie_staffer_under_subpoena_takes_job_with_port_authority.html#incart_most-comments
34. Chris Christie's lawyer for bridge scandal withdraws as Port Authority's counsel in separate lawsuit. (Conflict of interest is just business as usual for these scumba-I mean attorneys): http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/bridge_scandal_lawyer_for_christie_withdraws_as_port_authoritys_counsel_in_outside_lawsuit_observers.html#incart_river
35. New Port Authority conflict issue emerges: NJ Transit got $1 lease while a client of David Samson's law firm: http://www.northjersey.com/news/New_Port_Authority_conflict_issue_emerges_NJ_Transit_got_1_lease_while_a_client_of_David_Samsons_law_firm.html?page=all
36. Leader of Port Authority’s Police Union to Reduce Role Amid Bridge Scandal: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/nyregion/leader-of-port-authoritys-police-union-to-step-aside-amid-bridge-scandal.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0
Mmmmmmm...Baby! My Favorite.
37. Chris Christie's Mansion Fund Collected Millions From Political Favor Seekers-what a great idea! :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21/chris-christie-drumthwacket_n_4826459.html There's nothing to see here!
38. David Samson's business interests overlap with work at Port Authority-Ethics 101-No Conflicts of Interest! : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/david_samsons_business_interests_overlap_with_work_at_port_authority.html#incart_m-rpt-1 Quod Est In Loco or How To Always Be On The Winning Side By Being On Every Side.
39. Christie Aide Joked of Traffic Jam at Rabbi’s House, Documents Show (release of more Wildstein e-mails & texts) http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/nyregion/documents-show-christie-allies-discussed-another-traffic-jam.html?hp These guys are just a bunch of jokesters!
40. No, its not just you, he's IS a horse's ass Chris Christie’s problem is that he’s really, truly a bully: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/08/chris-christies-problem-is-that-hes-really-truly-a-bully/ A sociopath and a bully-great combination.
41. Thank you sir, may I have another: Chris Christie’s political bullying goes all the way back to college: http://www.salon.com/2014/01/18/chris_christies_political_bullying_isnt_surprising_hes_been_doing_it_since_college_partner/ Put Niedermeier on the job-he's a sneaky little shit just like you.
42. Christie is a bully. A blustering bully! Stories Add Up as Bully Image Trails Christie (Its a shame that the guy he was abusive to was just named head of the Assembly Judiciary Committee-where impeachment proceedings start!): http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyregion/accounts-of-petty-retribution-reinforce-christies-bullying-image.html Consistency is the hobgoblin of the small mind.
43. The municipal clerk at Fort Lee Borough Hall this morning released 911 and police communication tapes from last September's lane closures at the George Washington Bridge. Bridge scandal: 911 tapes of GWB lane closures released:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/911_tapes_of_george_washington_bridge_lane_closures_released.html#incart_m-rpt-1 Hey, nobody dies.
44. Drip, Drip Drip..... Port Authority chairman hit with ethics complaint by NJ Working Families Alliance: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/port_authority_samson_ethics_complaint.html#incart_m-rpt-1 We'll see where this goes.
45. Good Lord! How much about Samson needs to come out before anything is done? In Job, Appointee Profits and Christie Gains Power (This is a "must read" for anyone who needs to be reminded just how rigged the game can be): http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/04/nyregion/in-job-appointee-profits-and-christie-gains-power.html?ref=nyregion Any other lawyer would have been disbarred in a heartbeat. He just gets richer.
46. Bill (Billy Baloney) Baroni lands himself a cushy job with a politically connected law firm (Hill Wallack was the model for Wolff & Samson)- Baroni lands new job with Mercer County law firm: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/baroni_lands_new_job_with_mercer_county_law_firm.html At least until the attorney ethics committee takes a good look at his testimony in front of the Bridgegate committee.
47. Here's a shocker! Christie manipulated the Port Authority for his own political benefit. (I know that most of you will find this hard to believe) Secrecy at heart of Port Authority toll-hike ploy: http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/political_stile/Stile_Secrecy_at_heart_of_Port_Authority_toll-hike_ploy.html Hey if you don't like it, run for governor yourself!
48. This guy won't be losing his pension to save Christie or any of his cronies, that's for sure! Head of Port Authority Police Union Questioned in Bridge Inquiry: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/05/nyregion/head-of-port-authority-police-union-questioned-in-bridge-inquiry.html?_r=0 We'll see how deep loyalty runs.
These Are Just Not As Much Fun As They Used To Be (well not for the governor, but for us?)
49. Hoboken mayor: Christie administration is back peddling on city's cut of Sandy aid: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/03/hoboken_mayor_christie_administration_is_back_peddling_on_citys_cut_of_sandy_aid.html Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned.
50. SECOND Samson Fed Subpoena Rescinded-David Samson subpoenaed by federal prosecutors in N.Y but will defer to NJ U.S. Attorney's investigation: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/feds_rescind_subpoena_to_port_authority_chairman_samson.html#incart_river_default
51. Analysis: What's Wrong With Chris Christie's Government? Sounds like a punch line for a joke doesn't it?: This kind of sums up the root of his troubles. http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/03/11/analysis-what-s-wrong-with-chris-christie-s-government/ Let me count the ways.
52. Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/nyregion/even-before-fort-lee-lane-closings-port-authority-was-a-christie-tool.html?_r=0 Where else do you dump your political hacks?
53. Did Christie Go Easy on a Human Trafficker Just to Bust a Small-Time Pol? This is what you get when you appoint someone who never saw the inside of a courtroom as US Attorney: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/17/did-christie-go-easy-on-a-human-trafficker-just-to-bust-a-small-time-pol.html That's just a crazy idea.
54. You really have to appreciate good performance art! Emails show Christie's ex-campaign manager thanked ex-Port official for testimony that was eventually discredited (but then again-we already knew this at DU didn't we?) Thanks Rocktivity: http://www.northjersey.com/news/emails-show-christie-s-ex-campaign-manager-thanked-ex-port-official-for-testimony-that-was-eventually-discredited-1.744676
55. Apparently being involved in political corruption continues to be a resume builder with the GOP. Bill Stepien scores job at GOP consulting firm, report says:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/bill_stepien_scores_job_at_gop_consulting_firm_report_says.html
56. Quod Est In Loco (The Fix Is In) seems to be the motto for everyone around Christie. Bombshell: How The Fix Was In On Christie's 'Stronger Than The Storm' Ad : http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117066/christies-stronger-storm-jersey-shore-post-sandy-ad-cover
57. Thanks for the memories! Christie just wanted some souvenirs of his Town Hall meetings, not trying to intimidate anybody or anything. Man snapping photos of protestors at Christie town hall says he's a state policeman!: http://www.politickernj.com/72088/plainclothes-cameraman-snaps-pictures-protesters-chris-christie-town-hall
*Update-Turns out it was indeed a state police detective photographing critics of Christie for "security" purposes". The Fuhrer would be so proud! N.J. trooper who photographed protesters at Christie event was posing as media, AG says:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/nj_trooper_who_photographed_protesters_at_christie_event_was_posing_as_the_media_ag_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1
58. So much for the withdrawal (#50) US Attorney in New Jersey Presses Inquiry on Christie Ally: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/nyregion/us-prosecutors-in-new-jersey-sought-port-authority-records-on-bridge-contracts.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0
59. Woof Woof! Christie continues being dogged at the town halls! Christie confronted on GWB scandal during town hall meeting - http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-confronted-on-gwb-scandal-during-town-hall-meeting-1.746748?page=all
60. What happens when you don't distribute disaster aid to the victims? They're still living in motels 18 months after the storm! Sandy victims were living at Point Pleasant Beach motel destroyed by fire: http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2014/03/point_pleasant_beach_motel_destroyed_by_fire_housed_hurricane_sandy_victims_after_storm.html#incart_m-rpt-1
And If You Mention Extortion Again-I'll Have Your Legs Broken!
61. Samson Resigns! But Christie Stands By Him-Christie embraces an embattled Samson, stands by 'General' amid ethics questions: http://www.northjersey.com/news/stile-christie-embraces-an-embattled-samson-stands-by-general-amid-ethics-questions-1.753709
62.Christie releases a sham of an investigative report that may contain a little more than intended-Analysis: Some evidence seems to contradict Mastro report's findings on Christie: http://www.northjersey.com/news/analysis-some-evidence-seems-to-contradict-mastro-report-s-findings-on-christie-1.753711
63. Mr. Mastro's report seems to have caused some ire with Ms. Kelly's attorney-Christie bridge scandal report is 'sexist' and Bridget Kelly 'is no liar,' her attorney says: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/bridget_kellys_attorney_accuses.html#incart_m-rpt-1
64. Trouble ahead-trouble behind! Mr. Maraziti is going to provide the evidence that Dawn Zimmer is not a liar. Hoboken to consider waiving attorney-client privilege for city lawyer in inquiries: http://www.msnbc.com/steve-kornacki/hoboken-consider-waiving-attorney-client-privilege-for-city-lawyer-christie-scandal
Update on # 64: Hoboken council says attorney can testify about Zimmer's Sandy aid allegations: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/04/hoboken_council_says_city_redevelopment_attorney_can_testify_about_zimmers_sandy_aid_allegations.html
65. Mastro's report contains an interesting recommendation designed to serve Christie's political ambitions at expense of the long term health of the region. Breaking Up PA Would Solve Christie's Transportation Trust Fund Problem: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/03/31/breaking-up-port-authority-would-solve-christie-s-transportation-trust-fund-problem/
66. Let's give PNWmom some props! DING DING DING! Why would Christie try to TORPEDO the billion $ Fort Lee redevelopment-a thread ahead of its time: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251349067
67. So, this is what a can of worms looks like! How Christie's Office Used Government Employees to Win Endorsements http://www.wnyc.org/story/bridgegate-docs-christies-government-aides-sought-election-endorsements/
68. And you thought this was interesting up until now! Christie press secretary testifies before bridge scandal grand jury: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/in_bridge_scandal_grand_jury_investigation_is_underway_upping_the_ante.html
69.Game On! Looks like my "source" was telling the truth. En Vino Veritas! David Wildstein Meets With Prosecutors in Christie Bridge Probe. (Cue Mr. Burns-Exxxcellent) http://www.mainjustice.com/2014/04/06/david-wildstein-meets-with-prosecutors-in-christie-bridge-probe/
70. Here is a great summation of Christie's character-low as it may be. Crossing Christie- What the bridge scandal says about the Governor’s political style, and his future. A great article by Ryan Lizza in the New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/14/140414fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all
71. No tapes? No transcripts? Just what kind of an investigation was this? Much Ado About Nothing: No Tapes, Transcripts of Mastro Interviews: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/09/much-ado-about-nothing-no-tapes-transcripts-of-mastro-interviews/
72. NYC district attorney launches wide-ranging investigation into Port Authority-The Manhattan district attorney has launched a wide-ranging investigation into the Port Authority, issuing a subpoena for communications between Governor Christie’s office and agency officials: http://www.northjersey.com/news/nyc-district-attorney-launches-wide-ranging-investigation-into-port-authority-1.938968
AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you call now-we'll throw in a second report absolutely free that will exonerate YOU- just fill your own name in on the cover. Just pay separate shipping & handling. But act fast-supplies are limited. All for the same low price of $7,500,000! Call 1-800-WHITEWASH
73. When you're unethical-it pays to control the ethics committee! Former watchdogs accuse Christie of interfering with state ethics agency: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/former_watchdogs_accuse_christie_of_interfering_with_state_ethics_agency.html#incart_m-rpt-1
74. Want some Sandy aid for your town? All you've got to do is PLAY BALL! Playing Ball With Chris Christie: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/10/playing-ball-with-chris-christie
75. I'll take Rhetorical Questions for 600 Alex. Did Christie Aides Cover Up Bridgegate? http://bit.ly/1jBzZk8
76. Here's one we've known here all along-it was just confirmed in the interviews. Christie's office gave less attention to mayors who didn't support governor, official said http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/christies_office_gave_less_attention_to_mayors_who_didnt_support_governor_official_said.html#incart_m-rpt-1.
77. Now that the interview memos are released this evaluation of the report seems even more on target. A Jilted Lover, a 'Crazy' Man and Diane Sawyer: What Christie Crisis Management Looks Like : http://www.wnyc.org/story/what-crisis-management-looks-jilted-lover-crazy-man-and-diane-sawyer/
78. Can you say kick-back? Sure you can. Take a million in tax payer funds, give $10,000 of it right back as a "commission" to the Republican Governor's Association headed by the guy who hired you! Firm hired for probe is GOP donor; $10,000 disclosed as Christie backs unlimited contributions: http://www.northjersey.com/news/firm-hired-for-probe-is-gop-donor-10-000-disclosed-as-christie-backs-unlimited-contributions-1.996692
79. Pride Goeth Before A Fall-Like any good conman, Christie thought he could talk his way out of this mess-apparently not- Christie’s Mastro Mistake: Report Backfires Politically, Legally: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/04/16/christie-s-mastro-mistake-report-backfires-politically-legally/
80. Gems from the Mastro report. They don't have scandals! He Said, She Said: Quotable Moments From The Bridgegate Interviews: http://bit.ly/1t7e898
81. Apparently the SEC isn't as down with Christie's budget gimmicks and slight of hand as the Port Authority under Samson was. SEC probing New Jersey Governor Christie's transport funding: report:http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/25/us-usa-new-jersey-sec-idUSBREA3O25I20140425
82. The Man Who Would Be King! NJ debt downgraded for fifth time under Christie-Nice job Mr. Fiscal Conservative: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/05/nj_debt_downgraded_for_fifth_time_under_christie.html#incart_m-rpt-1
83. And Christie wanted to put THIS guy on the NJ Supreme Court! Port Authority lawyer called before grand jury in federal GWB inquiry- Come in and have a seat Mr. Kwon: http://www.northjersey.com/news/port-authority-lawyer-called-before-grand-jury-in-federal-gwb-inquiry-1.1007092
84. Aaaannd Samson Takes the 5th!-GWB scandal: Samson says he will not turn over any more documents to legislative panel : http://www.northjersey.com/news/gwb-scandal-samson-says-he-will-not-turn-over-any-more-documents-to-legislative-panel-1.1008126
Oh, The Huge Manatee! It's not like New Jersey hasn't seen something like THIS before. To quote the governor: "there's something going down tonight and it ain't jobs honey" If you're going to go down-it might as well be in flames!
85. It's all over now baby blue! -Prosecutor Is Closing In on Gov. Christie Seems Mr. Fishman has been hard at work!: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/christie-investigation?click=promo
86. The Manhattan district attorney and the Securities and Exchange Commission...have zeroed in on possible securities law violations stemming from a $1.8 billion road repair agreement in 2011...(for) the Pulaski Skyway. 2nd Bridge Inquiry Said to Be Linked to Christie : http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/nyregion/2nd-bridge-inquiry-said-to-be-linked-to-christie.html?_r=0
87. Investigating the actions of Christie is apparently bad for your health. Port Authority inspector general dies at age 70http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/port_authority_inspector_general_dies_at_age_70.html
88. The Red Cross & Mary Pat Christie's spending on Sandy are apparently not suitable for public scrutiny- Red Cross: How We Spent Sandy Money Is a "Trade Secret" : http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/24506-focus-red-cross-how-we-spent-sandy-money-is-a-qtrade-secretq
89. Rest assured. All of the facts will come out. They're thinking about reform-which is so much more important than actually doing something! Cuomo-Christie Port reform group resolves to consider reform:http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/07/8548428/cuomo-christie-port-reform-group-resolves-consider-reform?top-featured-1
90. Its good to be friends with the governor! Port Authority was pressed by Christie administration to hire governor's former law firm, sources say: http://www.northjersey.com/news/port-authority-was-pressed-by-christie-administration-to-hire-governor-s-former-law-firm-sources-say-1.1047687
91. He's just a "stand-up" guy, isn't he? Chris Christie defends gun bill veto, declining to meet with Sandy Hook parents: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/chris_christie_defends_gun_bill_veto_declining_to_meet_with_sandy_hook_parents.html#incart_river
92. The Sandy Recover Czar is jumping ship. Marc, we hardly knew ya! Christie Hurricane Sandy 'storm czar' Marc Ferzan to resign:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/christies_storm_czar_mark_ferzan_to_resign.html
93. The American Dream Mall (formerly Xanadu) highlights the incestuous relationship between Christie, Samson and Lori Grifa, the Wolff & Samson lawyer/lobbyist who has played all sides of this project. Listen to Chris Christie and the American Dream Megamall https://www.wnyc.org/radio/#/ondemand/385992
94. Even a mouse knows what a liar Christie is! Chris Christie's bridge fiction: the Pulaski Skyway-Lincoln Tunnel claim debunked (Ledger Live video): http://www.nj.com/ledgerlive/index.ssf/2014/06/chris_christies_bridge_fiction_the_pulaski_skyway-lincoln_tunnel_claim_debunked_ledger_live_video.html#incart_river_default
95. Christie does a movie trailer! Christie posts then removes YouTube video mixing Hollywood with pension reform. But, thanks to Roctivity, we have a live link to this epic! Why did he take it down? Did The Rock threaten him?:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/07/christie_spoofs_the_movies_to_tease_new_plans_for_pension_system.html (see reply # 235 for the video link)
96. Will item #100 announce indictments? I don't know, but this sounds ominous! Bridgegate Committee Can't Call Any More Major Witnesses I'm pretty sure its not because of their concern over the preemption of children's programing on NJTV: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/07/15/bridgegate-committee-can-t-call-any-more-major-witnesses
Avert Your Eyes! Christie May Have Been Dancing... But Apparently Others Have Been Singing!
97. THIS should make any thinking person sick to their stomach-NJ Gov. Chris Christie's pension moves cost taxpayers and retirees billions $4 billion would have taken care of the pension shortfall! But NO-it's the public employees fault-disgusting.: http://www.ibtimes.com/gov-christie-shifted-pension-cash-wall-street-costing-new-jersey-taxpayers-38-billion-1667622
Follow up: When you look up the word disingenuous there should be a picture (granted taking up most of the page) of Christie: Christie Argues His Own Pension Law Is Unconstitutional: http://project.wnyc.org/christie/#latest-398752
*And yet another update! Chris Christie's Political Confidant And New Jersey Pension Overseer Resigns: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christies-political-confidant-new-jersey-pension-overseer-resigns-1726340 I guess the heat was on. He resigns for "family health reasons". Rocktivity has the line of day- "...the thought of being indicted made him sick" !
98. Why govern when using your office to raise campaign cash is so much more lucrative! Inside Chris Christie's Permanent Campaign: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/08/25/inside-chris-christie-s-permanent-campaign
99. You'll get nothing and like it! Commuters stuck because of tunnel constraints figure out that Christie nixed the additional tracks into NYC. Our idiot governor decides to argue with them on Twitter! Christie Tweet-Fights With NJ Transit Commuters: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/08/14/christie-tweet-fights-with-nj-transit-commuters#
100. I was hoping # 100 would announce indictments but-we'll give it to Charles Pierce for a Crime Digest worthy summary of Christie's hypocrisy and failings- The Passion Of Big Chicken, The Fleecing : http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Big_Chicken_Loses_Big
Can you take this thing through the drive-thru at McDonald's on the way back to the State House?
101. Now let me get this straight-out of all of your text messages, this is the one you deleted? Regina Egea's phone records subpoenaed to discover missing text to Christie. N.J. legislative panel to subpoena phone and email records between Chris Christie and Regina Egea : http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/29/1325647/-N-J-legislative-panel-to-subpoena-phone-and-email-records-between-Chris-Christie-and-Regina-Egea
*I know Regina that you folks in Harding Twp. believe that you're above the law and all but always remember...oh what a tangled web we weave...WNYC's Andrea Bernstein took the time to match testimony, evidence and texts and found that Regina and the Governor may not have been, how should I put it, candid, with the legislative committee. Read about it here: http://bit.ly/1u7YNTN
102. The Port Authority cops knew something was amiss and were told to shut up about it. Port Authority cops told to 'shut up' about GWB lane closures, memo says : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/09/port_authority_cops_told_to_shut_up_about_gwb_lane_closures_memo_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1
Plus-for those interested in source materials, read the memo here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1283440-papd-document.html
103. Christie Crime Digest put to shame! The Bergen Record has assembled a very compelling and visually appealing dossier on all things Bridgegate. A very nice compilation of materials for anyone looking for a way to make sense of this. The GWB Files: Christie and The World's Busiest Bridge: http://www.northjersey.com/news/the-gwb-files-christie-and-the-lane-closures-at-the-world-s-busiest-bridge-1.1080372
104. Christie and his family on the beach didn't just violate good taste-those ads also violated Federal procurement rules for Sandy money. Remember, Quod est in Loco! (For those who are new to this, that's Latin for "the fix is in" the Christie Administration Motto! 'Stronger Than the Storm': Federal audit finds N.J. did not fully comply with procurement rules: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/stronger_than_the_storm_audit.html
105. Let's see, high unemployment-check, higher property taxes-check, state's bond rating lowered-AGAIN-check- Fitch downgrades N.J. debt, saying Christie is repudiating his pension reform:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/09/fitch_downgrades_nj_debt_saying_christie_is_repudiating_his_pension_reform.html#incart_m-rpt-1
106. No money for pensions. No money for infrastructure. No money for schools. But we do have hundreds of millions for a casino-that failed: Chris Christie loses a big Atlantic City bet, posing another challenge for 2016 run-http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chris-christie-loses-a-big-atlantic-city-bet-posting-another-challenge-for-2016-run/2014/09/05/d7471a7a-33b0-11e4-8f02-03c644b2d7d0_story.html
107. She don't know nuthin' 'bout nuthin'-Guadagno office subpoenaed on 'Hoboken issues' -Apparently this happened back in July- its funny how it all seemed to be very quiet over the summer :http://www.northjersey.com/news/nj-state-news/guadagno-office-subpoenaed-on-hoboken-issues-1.1081619
108. Hey Putin! I got Ukraine, right here I got it! A frightening take on Christie's potential approach to foreign policy from The New Republic ( I know, I saw Shattered Glass too) Chris Christie Wants to Arm Wrestle Vladimir Putin, Basically: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119291/chris-christie-vladimir-putin-gaffe
Bridget, do you think that pizza place on the boardwalk is still open? And by the way, did you take care of that THING in Fort Lee yet? You know that THING?
109. Oh and by the way, today is Chris Christie's birthday and the Cake Boss wants to raise some money for the blowhard. NJ GOP gets fundraising solicitation from Cake Boss for Christie's birthday cake Let's make sure to send him some DU birthday best wishes!: http://www.politickernj.com/80496/nj-gop-gets-fundraising-solicitation-cake-boss-christies-birthday-cake
*Perhaps a little Karma in action? 'Cake Boss' Buddy Valastro arrested on DWI charges, report says: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/11/cake_boss_buddy_valastro_arrested_on_dwi_charges_report_says.html Maybe Christie can bake him a cake. Just put a file in it!
110. I'll bet that Christie is touched that she remembered! Debbie Wasserman Schultz visited our fair state to commemorate the one year anniversary of the GWB lane closures. Debbie Wasserman Schultz rips Chris Christie over Bridgegate :http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/debbie-wasserman-schultz-bridgegate-chris-christie-110701.html
111. Just what DOES Billy Baloney Baroni know and who is the *%&$er he was being urged to "turn in" ? GWB probe: New email exchange raises more questions : http://www.northjersey.com/news/gwb-probe-new-email-exchange-raises-more-questions-1.1083499
112. Well Mr. Christie, we've established what kind of person you are, now we're just negotiating price. And I guess a $130,000 contribution to the RGA gets you something these days. Stile: Christie’s smoking-ban veto is noticed beyond N.J.: http://www.northjersey.com/news/stile-christie-s-smoking-ban-veto-is-noticed-beyond-n-j-1.1086413
113. When Christie said NJ was "open for business" most people didn't think that meant everything was for sale. Apparently that is what he meant: N.J. sells controversial pension investment in fund tied to Massachusetts Republican candidate, report says: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/09/nj_sells_controversial_pension_investment_in_firm_tied_to_massachusetts_republican_candidate_report.html#incart_m-rpt-1
114. After generations of industry trashed the Passaic River, finally millions of dollars have been secured to clean it up. BUT...Christie uses the money to fill his budget holes instead.$190M settlement in pollution suit would end decade-long legal fight over Passaic River : http://www.northjersey.com/news/190m-settlement-in-pollution-suit-would-end-decade-long-legal-fight-over-passaic-river-1.1088416
115. The poor governor is tired! Come on fellows-eight months is enough. Christie Says He’s ‘Growing Tired’ of Bridge Investigation: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-18/christie-says-he-s-growing-tired-of-n-j-bridge-investigation.html
and a related update to #115: How The Media (Briefly) Exonerated Christie Oh, and Christie says he always tells the truth, except of course when he isn't. Read Matt Katz' coverage here: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/09/24/how-the-media-briefly-exonerated-christie# What remarkable coincidences. Here's 115 items (and counting) that tend to prove Christie is corrupt. All Brian Williams needed was one "anonymous source" to declare him innocent! Could something possibly be wrong here?
116. I should have posted this a while ago but I didn't read Mr. Manzo's book until I had a couple of days on the beach last month. It confirms everything we've been saying here and more. Ruthless Ambition: The Rise and Fall of Chris Christie : http://www.ruthlessambitionthebook.com/ He comes right out and calls Christie what he is-a sociopath.
117. Oh, I completely forgot about this one. The "Race to the Top" grant fiasco that let him throw Brett Schundler (one of the only non-U.S. Attorneys in his administration) under the bus Error on 'Race to the Top' application costs N.J. $400M in federal funds :http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/error_on_race_to_the_top_appli.html
and again for those who like original materials, read Brett Schundler's recount of the circumstances that Christie brazenly lied about (what else would you expect from a sociopath) here: http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/other/DOETermination-ChronologyofEvents.pdf
118. Chris Christie IS a sociopath! All the signs point to it. Charismatic, lying, prone to angry outbursts, no empathy, ultra-ambitious, will do anything to win-not just once, but over and over again his behavior confirms it. The Sociopathy of Chris Christie http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-Sociopathy-of-Chris-Ch-by-Barry-Sussman-Chris-Christie_Chris-Christie_Prosecution_Scandal-140208-879.html
119. Hello! They're getting the band back together! Samson, Griffa, Inglisino, Triple Five, Sheldon Adelson-They've all got a part in this-With pig farms gone, Sheldon Adelson mulls a casino in Meadowlands http://www.northjersey.com/news/with-pig-farms-gone-sheldon-adelson-mulls-a-casino-in-meadowlands-1.1101173
update: That's Sheldon (I gave $1 million to the RGA for Christie) Adelson in case you think there might be some kind of Quid Pro Quo-nah!:A bad bet: GOP Governors Assn. crossed state law with donation:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20140610_A_bad_bet__GOP_Governors_Assn__crossed_state_law_with_donation.html (Thank you Beach Rat)
120. Here's some more evidence of the lack of the Governor's character. "Why would anybody with a functioning brain believe this guy?" Christie told a crowd gathered at a transportation summit last May. "How often do you have to be wrong to finally be dismissed?". Hopefully those words come back to haunt him when people start taking his advice. That's Christie ripping into the non-partisan Chief Budget Officer when he dared to disagree with Christie. Guess who turned out to be right-again.Christie's 'Dr. Kevorkian' was dead-on with budget prediction:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/05/christies_dr_kevorkian_was_dea.html#incart_m-rpt-1
Isn't my husband a funny guy?
121. An update to #24-but deserving of an entry of its own. Christie aide discussed pipeline with husband, a top exec at firm behind project, emails show : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/10/christie_aide_discussed_pipeline_with_husband_a_top_exec_at_firm_behind_project_emails_show.html#incart_story_package Turns out Renna & her hubby did discuss the Pipeline project-VIA OFFICIAL E-MAIL-and the Christie administration tried to hide that fact.
again-for those who like source documents, the Court's decision can be downloaded & read here:https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1310851/judge-jacobsen-ruling-on-opra-on-pinelands.pdf
also: don't lose this link to the memory hole-http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024442535#op that details the sordid connections and money trail from the pipeline's supporters.
122. This is as much about Massachusetts as it is about New Jersey-Chris Christie Blocks Release Of Pay-To-Play Probe Of Charlie Baker, Massachusetts GOP Nominee:http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-blocks-release-pay-play-probe-charlie-baker-massachusetts-gop-nominee-1708016 Oh, they'll release the records-2 days after the election!
123. The good governor worships at the "Church of Koch". If they say compromise a globally significant environmentally sensitive region so they can make a few more bucks, he does it! Only this time somebody stood up to him. Gov. Christie earned the Pinelands pipeline defeat: Editorial http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/10/gov_christie_earned_the_pinelands_pipeline_defeat_editorial.html
124. Now THIS is real leadership! Let's use a nurse who volunteers to put her life on the line with Doctors Without Borders as a political prop. Chris Christie's Quarantine Quagmire Is Over (for now) http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/10/27/chris-christie-s-quarantine-quagmire-is-over-for-now.
125. Having thoroughly bungled (and bungled is a polite and kind characterization of the job he's done) Sandy recovery, Christie lashes out at anyone who dares to question him publicly. Christie to Sandy heckler: 'Sit down and shut up!' http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/10/christie_lashes_out_at_hecklers_democratic_nj_senators_for_delays_on_sandy_aid.html
126. Just in case you haven't figured it out by now, being friendly with the RGA under Christie is extremely good for business.Chris Christie's N.J. friends got contracts from Republican group he chaired, records show :http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/chris_christies_nj_friends_got_contracts_from_republican_governors_association_he_chaired_records_sh.html#incart_m-rpt-2
127. What kind of unholy deal did Christie, Norcross & Sweeney dream up here? Christie’s Chief of Staff Quits for a Hospital Job: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/nyregion/christies-chief-of-staff-quits-for-a-hospital-job.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region Gee Kevin, what exactly are your qualifications for this job?
*Just a side note on this-Where have we seen something like this before? Oh yeah, entry #121! High-Profile Couple Will Have to Tiptoe Through Ethical Minefield: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/11/17/high-profile-couple-will-have-to-tiptoe-through-ethical-minefield/ Honey, what did you do at work today? Nobody from the Christie administration tip toes anywhere! I'm sure they don't even see a conflict in having Mr. & Mrs. Fox in charge of the chickens.
128. This is not really a new entry per se but for your reading enjoyment and to assist you with keeping up with the good governor of the Garden State (now how's THAT for alliteration?) here are some links to others that are accumulating information on Christie:
- An entertaining Facebook page-Chris Christie-Indict, Impeach, Imprison :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Christie-Indict-Impeach-and-Imprison/277230469095651 (go give it a couple of likes!)
-The Christie Tracker- A project of WNYC in New York: http://project.wnyc.org/christie/
-The Christie Watcher at The Daily Kos: http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Christie%20Watch/
-The GWB Files- A multi-media extravaganza put together by the Bergen Record home of Sean Bober whose reporting gave this story legs: http://www.northjersey.com/news/the-gwb-files-christie-and-the-lane-closures-at-the-world-s-busiest-bridge-1.1080372
-The Chis Christie page on the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/chris-christie/
There are other reporters that are keeping after Christie like David Sirota and Ryan Lizza. The pressure just needs to be dialed up and something will give. There is just too much "there" there.
129. Here's one related to #97 and the looting of the public pension funds for the benefit of Christie's cronies-State takes $300 million pension gamble on Revel Casino owner : http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/money/business/2014/03/15/state-takes-300-million-pension-gamble-on-revel-casino-owner/6472093/ Public employees lose- FOC'ers (Friends of Chris) get rich-again!
* and I know that there are people out there who like original documents-check out the letter threatening David Sirota for writing about Chatham Asset Management's questionable investments of public pension monies here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/219802809/Anthony-Melchiorre-and-Chatham-Asset-Management-Legal-Letter
130. And yet another chapter in the ongoing story-Chris Christie-Bold Leader, Stand-up Guy-Chris Christie will have no opinion on immigration until he runs for president: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/20/1346186/-Chris-Christie-will-have-no-opinion-immigration-until-he-runs-for-nbsp-president -When last we left our hero he was ducking questions from Sandy victims and parents of kids killed in Newtown, CT
131. Christie is nothing if not consistent. Consistently an ass, but consistent. You'd think he learned after the dust up over his travel expenses when he was U.S. Attorney (Item # 9), but Nooooooo. State Secrets: Why Won’t Gov. Christie Disclose His Travel Expenses?: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/11/30/state-secrets-why-won-t-gov-christie-disclose-his-travel-expenses/ I'm sure the food tastes so much better and the pillow is so much softer when its on the taxpayer's dime.
132. And another chapter in the ongoing story- Chris Christie-Financial Genius- One of his "bold" moves has cost the state millions. Who would have guessed? Lawmaker calls for N.J. lottery review after revenue falls short :http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/lawmaker_calls_for_nj_lottery_review_after_revenue_falls_short.html I wonder how much money Northstar (or any of its key employees) donated to the RGA. (Thanks Rocktivity)
* Interesting update. Its a Festivus Miracle! G-Tech got the contract to run the lottery privately after giving the Republican Governor's Association over $275,000 and hiring-get ready for it-our old friends Wolff & Samson to be their lobbyists! They turned out to be the ONLY bidders for the work. Hey, you get what you pay for! http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/investigations/2014/12/05/nj-lottery-vendors-connection-chris-christie/19948237/ I got that one with no studying!
**It took a while but the Star-Ledger finally caught up with the Crime Digest and figured out the sordid connections that are costing the state money. Late is better than not at all. Gov. Chris Christie's gamble on privatizing N.J. lottery comes up a bust: http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/04/editorial_gov_chris_christie_privatizing_nj_lotter.html David Sampson & Mike DuHaime strike again!
That's a good one David! And by the way-if anyone asks- I don't know you
133. Being a Democrat who endorsed Christie has its perks! (Just like donating to the RGA) High profile Democratic FOC'er (Friend of Chris) Essex County Executive Joe DiVincenzo found out! No evidence that N.J. state job held by DiVincenzo's son was publicly advertised : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/nj_state_job_won_by_essex_county_executive_joe_divincenzos_son_was_never_publicly_advertised.html Out of 8 1/2 million people in the state, he was clearly the most qualified! (thanks Rocktivity)
134. This is an oldie but a goodie. Christie uses the State Police helicopter to catch one of his kid's high school baseball games. Gov. Chris Christie's 'CopterGate': Uses State Police Helicopter To See His Son Play High-school Baseball: http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/gov-chris-christies-coptergate-uses-sta Can I borrow it to get to one of my son's games? (After all me and about 8 million other people did help pay for it!) It's good to be the king.
135. Yes Master, whatever you say. Christie goes to Canada to support the Keystone XL on behalf of his puppet masters the Kochs. Stile: Supporting Keystone XL pipeline is safe for Christie http://www.northjersey.com/news/stile-supporting-keystone-xl-pipeline-is-safe-for-christie-1.1145535 Meanwhile he hasn't said a word about the pipelines tearing up his home state.
136. Another non exoneration exoneration. Don't just read the headlines, look at the substance of the report: Christie bridge scandal: Excerpts of legislative committee's new report: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/christie_bridge_scandal_excerpts_of_legislative_committees_new_report.html#incart_river This is far from a report clearing him-in fact it makes him look very bad.
*Here you go sports fans! First the link to the interim legislative report: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/reports/interim_report.pdf another link to the actual documents obtained via subpoena: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/Subpoena_Production_Exhibits and separate exhibits:http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/Additional_Exhibits
** and a link to the excellent story and timeline done by Andrea Bernstein at WNYC who did the hard work of going through the report and matching statements with known facts. read it here: http://bit.ly/1u7YNTN Somebody's lying and that's the truth!
137. Oh Oh Domino! (Sorry Van) Could this just be the beginning of the fun? Potential Indictments in George Washington Bridge Probe May Be Handed Down in January: Sources: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/George-Washington-Bridge-Traffic-Jam-Fort-Lee-Chris-Christie-New-Jersey-Indictment-Port-Authority-284905201.html I'm sure nothing loosens the lips of recalcitrant witnesses like an indictment.
138. Missed it by that much. A nod to Maxwell Smart and props to Rocktivity, Christie the financial genius strikes again! Christie administration's pension liability estimate doubles under new rules: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/christie_administration_quietly_doubles_pension_liability_estimate.html Just imagine what he can do for the country.
139. In this week's installment of Chris Christie-Economic Genius we find our hero working hard on tanking the state's economy Job surge skipping New Jersey so far :http://www.northjersey.com/news/job-surge-skipping-new-jersey-so-far-1.1147574 Make sure to tune in next week when Christie invests the state pension funds with a former Nigerian dictator who sent him an e-mail promising to quadruple the current returns on the money! If only you send me the amount of $1,000,000 USD by money order the honorable Bank of Lagos will issue to you a check in the sum of $23,000,000 for your kind assistance.
140. Here's something important to remember before it all goes crazy. Why Dawn Zimmer Is Telling The Truth: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024364984 This goes all the way back to the beginning of this mess and is really the heart of how Christie and his cronies operate.
141. Will Christie tout this as one of his accomplishments? N.J. among worst run states in nation, study finds:http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/nj_among_worst_run_states_in_nation_study_finds.html Words cannot express how proud I am at this moment!
142. The best defense is a good offense-Former Port Authority chairman Samson tries to head off ethics probe:http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/former_port_authority_chairman_samson_tries_to_head_off_ethics_probe.html#incart_river You can't investigate me-don't you know who I am?
*Well never mind then...Former Port Authority chairman David Samson withdraws suit seeking to block ethics inquiry: http://www.northjersey.com/news/former-port-authority-chairman-david-samson-withdraws-suit-seeking-to-block-ethics-inquiry-1.1181934 Could it be because the fix is already in with the Christie dominated ethics panel? Quod Est In Loco!
143. Now this sounds kind of specific, doesn't it? Bridge Scandal Prosecutors May Use Fraud Law to Charge Christie Associates
: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/nyregion/in-george-washington-bridge-case-prosecutors-could-use-fraud-statute-to-charge-christie-associates.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region%AEion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1 Baby its cold outside, but its heating up down on Walnut Street! (via yortsed snacilbuper)
144. Falkner, Hemmingway, Fitzgerald, .....Christie? Deal would let Christie profit from writing book, boost N.J. legislative staff salaries: Read the story here. Oh Brother! I'm sure everyone on the beach will be reading this epic tome next summer. I wonder what the title will be? Make sure you get in line for the book signing now!
Allright! I did it. I'm the one who ordered the cones put out. Because the Governor TOLD me to!
145. New Jersey, Illinois and Kansas walk into a bar together.....Kansas Governor Proposes Using Pension Money to Cover Budget Gaps Created By His Tax Cuts :http://www.ibtimes.com/kansas-governor-proposes-using-pension-money-cover-budget-gaps-created-his-tax-cuts-1753626 They all used cuts in pension contributions to cover corporate and wealthy individual tax giveaways and they all have had their bond ratings significantly downgraded, and oh yeah, they all lag the nation in job growth. That's not a very funny punchline is it?
146.The sooner we can put Christie in the rear view mirror, the sooner we can concentrate on why whatever other clown the Republicans put up shouldn't be President. I'm not sure yet but somebody else is convinced that Christie is toast-Five reasons Christie will never be president:http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/12/five_reasons_christie_will_never_be_president_moran.html Only 5? We've got like 145 right here!
147. How deep is the bubbling cesspool of New Jersey's pension fund mangement under Christie? New Jersey Paid Fees To Mary Pat Christie's Firm After State Investment Was Terminated :http://www.ibtimes.com/new-jersey-paid-fees-mary-pat-christies-firm-after-state-investment-was-terminated-1760682 $475,000/year for Mary Pat for a part-time job? No wonder she has that stupid grin on her face! This smells worse than.....let's see, the Bayway Refinery on a hot and humid August night.
148. A critique of Christie's performance art. Getting Chris Christie’s goat: Activists try to rile up governor, pile up some YouTube hits http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/getting-chris-christies-goat-activists-try-to-rile-up-governor-pile-up-some-youtube-hits/2014/12/20/c1f4c29e-865d-11e4-9534-f79a23c40e6c_story.html?wprss=rss_politics The Washington Post has actually broken the "Christie Tirade" down into three distinct steps. Master these steps and perhaps you too can learn to be a bully.
*Make sure to check out his 14 "greatest hits" here: How to get Chris Christie fired up: http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fired-up-christie/ He's not really a tough guy but he does play one on T.V.! What a coward!
149. Christie & Cuomo team up to bury reform of the Port Authority cesspool- They'll have all of the commissioners they appointed resign! That'll do it. Cuomo and Christie, Defying Legislatures, Reject Bill to Overhaul Port Authority:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/28/nyregion/cuomo-and-christie-announce-they-will-veto-bill-to-overhaul-port-authority.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region%C2%AEion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0 Nothing to see here. Move along. (Look back to Vol I, Item #89)
150. Why was Chris Christie and his family flown to Dallas on Jerry Jones' private jet? Why was he in the owner's box for the Dallas-Detroit playoff game? Because he was a Dallas fan? I think not-Chris Christie Pushed Port Authority To Give Contract To Jerry Jones' Firm http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-pushed-port-authority-give-contract-jerry-jones-firm-1774154 Nothing to see here folks (again), just move along. Disgusting! (And wasn't it just a little uncomfortable to watch him try to jump up and down when Dallas scored?) Gravity is a bitch.
*I estimated the cost of the trip to Dallas at around $20,000. Boy was I wrong! It would cost between $125,000 and $150,000!
151. Well, just when you may have thought Mr. Fishman was a slacker, the plot thickens! Christie's records of canceled meetings with Jersey City mayor are subpoenaed: report: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/01/christies_records_of_cancelled_meetings_with_jersey_city_mayor_are_subpoenaed.html I wonder what we'll find here?
152. It's one year since the infamous "time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee" e-mail was made public. It's been an interesting year-A Year After 'Traffic Problems' Email, Bridgegate in 18 Stories:http://project.wnyc.org/christie/#latest-424283 A mini Christie Crime Digest!
153. Very Interesting! It seems that the U.S. Attorney has taken an interest in the conjured testimony of Billy Baloney-U.S. attorney subpoenas Baroni testimony in Christie bridge scandal probe:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/us_attorney_subpoenas_for_documents_in_christie_bridge_scandal_probe.html#incart_m-rpt-1 Too bad it wasn't under oath or it would be a slam dunk perjury case. As it is, he should have some interesting correspondence with the Office of Attorney Ethics in his future. I see a state's witness here. Perhaps we'll find the answer to item # 111.
154. Oh Baby! We're heading for Volume III. The IB Times is all over Christie. Before Bridgegate, Chris Christie Used Port Authority As Political Weapon : http://www.ibtimes.com/bridgegate-chris-christie-used-port-authority-political-weapon-1778062 Christie & Baroni are quite an act.
155. As my grandfather used to say-A leopard doesn't change his spots-and apparently neither does an arrogant ass-hole(sorry for the language) Harkening back to Volume I, item #9, he continues to have a blind spot about his travel expenses: Chris Christie's Dallas trip leaves unanswered questions, but not as much as gov's other travel: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/chris_christies_dallas_trip_isnt_only_one_with_unanswered_questions_about_cost.html?ath=80e8422d48902dc82ad87f5e39457178 He just seems to think he's above it all.
*A bit of a victory here: Court orders Gov. Christie to reveal air travel records, not hotel bills: http://watchdog.org/179348/christie-travel-records-3/ and check out the $7800 bill for a New Orleans hotel during the Super Bowl-the Cowboys weren't even playing!- http://watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/10/New-Orleans-hotel-bill.pdf
156. It's not quite the Christie Crime Digest and the title is a bit pretentious but....check out Everything you need to know about Chris Christie's scandals: http://www.vox.com/cards/chris-christie-scandals-explained/who-is-chris-christie It's ok. And it has pictures!
Next I'm Going to do a bunny-See! What's the matter, don't you believe me?
157. How did we miss this? Chris Christie's Entire Career Reeks It's not just the bridge : http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116601/chris-christies-rise-and-fall Now here is someone who has done their research.
158. I wonder if he gave them his famous recipe for mashed potatoes? Chris Christie Was Interrogated By Feds Over Bridge Scandal: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/exclusive-chris-christie-interrogated-feds-bridge-scandal/story?id=28117826 Very interesting that Josh Margolin was the one to break this story.
159. Christie could make it to the Cowboys game, but not to a young police officer's funeral-hum: Kelly: Christie's missed opportunity:http://www.northjersey.com/news/kelly-christie-s-missed-opportunity-1.1190593 Good to know he's got his priorities in line.
160. Christie and the Cowboys-and the Port Authority-Perfect together! Cowboys Great Roger Staubach Donated to Christie Months Before Landing PA Contract:http://politickernj.com/2015/01/cowboys-great-roger-staubach-donated-to-christie-months-before-landing-pa-contract/ Apparently nothing is out of bounds for Christie when it comes to his favorite team.
161. Christie's protection racket-Big Ticket: Costs to Protect Christie During Travels Up 1,800% Since He Took Office: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/01/12/big-ticket-costs-to-protect-gov-christie-during-travels-rise-1-800-percent/# So glad he can self-promote on the taxpayer's dime.
162. What was Christie really doing in Dallas? EXCLUSIVE: Chris Christie Lands a Key Texas Bundler for Prez Run: http://observer.com/2015/01/exclusive-chris-christie-lands-a-key-texas-bundler-for-prez-run/ He must really be pretty confident that he's going to skate.
163. Chris Christie's legacy? Chris Christie’s Jersey nightmare: Why his state hasn’t touched the economic recovery: http://www.salon.com/2015/01/13/chris_christies_jersey_nightmare_why_his_state_hasnt_touched_the_economic_recovery/ Imagine what he could do for the country!
164. Christie is doing his damnedest to make sure the state has no future-How Long Can New Jersey's Drinking-Water Supplies Hold Out? : http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/01/12/how-long-can-new-jersey-s-drinking-water-supplies-hold-out/ That's not as important a question to answer as who can be his next big ticket donor is it?
165. Christie's State of the State address was a very nice campaign speech but a little short on the truth (anyone surprised?) What Christie Said: Fact Checking the Governor’s State of the State :http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/01/14/what-christie-said-fact-checking-the-governor-s-state-of-the-state/ He should have started the speech with "a long time ago in a galaxy far away".
*And a pretty good critique of his bloviating, self-serving, and misleading State of the Stump speech-Christie’s National Aspirations Underlie State Speech: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/nyregion/chris-christie-state-of-the-state-speech-new-jersey.html?ref=nyregion&target=comments&_r=0#commentsContainer Hey rest of the country-don't believe a word this guy says!
** He conveniently left out any mention of Sandy recovery too. Christie's telling silence on Sandy: Editorial: http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/christies_telling_silence_on_sandy_editorial.html#incart_river Tell this story on the campaign trail you miserable piece of garbage.
166. Maybe This Means Something....and maybe it doesn't, but.....it sure looks like fixer-in-chief Lori Grifa is bailing from her long-term relationship with Wolff & Sampson for a similar position putting the fixes in with another law firm. Ex-Christie commissioner joins lobbying firm that recently employed current commissioner: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/former_christie_cabinet_member_becomes_lobbyist_th.html#incart_river Grifa, who will be a director at Archer Public Affairs and a partner in the firm's law practice, comes on board just months after a previous lobbying director, Richard Mroz, was tapped by Christie to be president of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. The door revolves.
167. He is so fond of living the high life on other people's dime! Here's hoping that there are some taxpayer funded "non-luxury" accommodations in his future: In Christie’s Career, a Fondness for Luxe Benefits When Others Pay the Bills:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/nyregion/in-christies-career-a-fondness-forluxe-benefits-when-others-pay-the-bills.html?rref=nyregion&module=Ribbon&version=origin®ion=Header&action=click&contentCollection=New%20York&pgtype=article The pillow is so much softer when someone else is paying for it.
168. It's a miracle! Everybody he meets becomes his friend-even after just one day. (at least people who give him expensive gifts) Exhibit 1-The Christie Crime Digest! Ethics watchdog group files complaint against Christie : http://www.northjersey.com/news/ethics-watchdog-group-files-complaint-against-christie-1.1265381 It's a trick question! Christie has no ethics.
169. As Roctivity has pointed out-it all comes full circle-Crime Digest Item #1 hits the news again-this time with a bit more splash: Feds talk to ex-N.J. prosecutor who claims Christie had allies' charges dropped: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/02/feds_interview_ex-nj_prosecutor_who_claims_christi.html#incart_river Hopefully some vindication is headed Ben Barlyn's way. A very brave man who stood up for what is right.
* And just to note-its cost the taxpayers of NJ over 1/2 Million dollars to defend Christie against Mr. Barlyn's lawsuit-more money for his crony law firms (this time Bill Pallatuci's firm-he's the guy who created this monster in the first place) NJ Paid Law Firm Of Chris Christie's Top Adviser To Defend Christie In Whistleblower Suit : http://www.ibtimes.com/nj-paid-law-firm-chris-christies-top-adviser-defend-christie-whistleblower-suit-1807346 Take him down Ben Barlyn!
** A little trip down memory lane to the day when then U.S. Attorney Christie stepped in on behalf of his good buddy George Norcross- Ex-Prosecutors in Trenton Respond to U.S. Scolding http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0DEFDE113FF934A15752C0A9609C8B63
***Listen to an interview with Bennet Barlyn here: http://bit.ly/1C43jIR
Hold On There! You've Got The Wrong Guy!
170. Maybe United can institute direct flights to wherever you might want to fly: United confirms 'chairman's flight' subpoena in probe of former Port Authority exec: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/united_confirms_chairmans_flight_subpoena_in_probe_of_former_port_authority_exec.html#incart_story_package The "Chairman's Flight"! Just when I thought things were going nowhere it starts to get interesting.
* Well the U.S. Attorney seems to be following this story down the dark and sordid alley it seems to be leading: Feds contact South Carolina airport officials in probe tied to ex-Port Authority Chairman David Samson :http://www.northjersey.com/news/feds-contact-south-carolina-airport-officials-in-probe-tied-to-ex-port-authority-chairman-david-samson-1.1269309 This is really getting interesting.
** Looks like the Quid Pro Quo everyone was looking for! The Dinner Proposal That Led United Into Corruption Probe: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-28/the-dinner-proposal-that-led-united-into-corruption-probe Just some innocent dinner conversation-right? Samson is going down-and I'll bet not alone!
171. Apparently his loudmouth boor act didn't play well in England-who could have guessed? Christie's U.K. trip a 'failure,' presidential scholars say: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/02/chris_christies_uk_trip_a_failure_experts_say.html#incart_m-rpt-1 I say old boy, why don't you sit down and shut up. Pass the crumpets please.
172. So much for the promise of transparency. Chris Christie Is Now Waging 23 Court Battles to Keep State Documents Secret:http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/chris-christie-transparency-records-requests What do you suppose they're trying to hide?
173. Could this have anything to do with Sheldon "I gave a million to the RGA" Adelson? Chris Christie accused of blocking casino deal to help billionaire donor: http://www.businessinsider.com/christie-accused-of-blocking-casino-deal-for-adelson-2015-2 Probably just a coincidence, right?
174. Once again re-visiting Crime Digest Item #1:Christie Accuser Renews Request for Grand Jury Records http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202718401357/Christie-Accuser-Renews-Request-for-Grand-Jury-Records -I especially like the line "I'm sure there's a Mrs. McGovern who appreciates your paycheck". What scumbags. I generally don't resort to language of this sort but it's just so accurately descriptive.
175. Ah yes, liberal judicial activism has once again raised it's ugly head! NJ Judge Orders Christie to Fund Pension Plan: http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202718703611/NJ-Judge-Orders-Christie-to-Fund-Pension-Plan#ixzz3Sc2dmbqS Oh well, he really doesn't like being held accountable for his misdeeds.
176. Another rat jumps ship-Mike "the Mouthpiece" Drewniak resigns:New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s Top Spokesman Leaving http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2015/02/24/new-jersey-gov-chris-christies-top-spokesman-leaving/ Maybe he has to go and gouge somebody's eyes out, pour gasoline in the sockets and light it up.
*But Mike isn't going away-Christie spokesman Drewniak named to newly-created NJ Transit job : http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-spokesman-drewniak-named-to-newly-created-nj-transit-job-1.1279990 Not really qualified but they managed to create a new job just for him! Oh, by the way, another one of Christie's high school buddies is calling the shots at NJ Transit. What a coincidence.
177. Just in case the prior 175 items haven't convinced you that Christie is a man who will do or say anything to get ahead, he now reveals his "pro-life" credentials! After Linking Clinic-Funding Vetoes to Cost, Christie Now Claims ‘Pro-Life’ Motives:http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/02/26/after-years-of-linking-clinic-funding-vetoes-to-fiscal-prudence-christie-claims-pro-life-motives/ Such a shameful person yet he has no shame!
178. In our latest episode of Chris Christie Financial Genius Spring brings warm weather, the promise of new life and oh yeah, another budget shortfall: Another Budget Shortfall On Christie’s Watch -- State Tax Collections off $60M : http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/02/26/another-budget-shortfall-on-christie-s-watch-state-tax-collections-off-60m/ Tell us another one about the evil independent budget auditor!
* Number nine, number nine, number nine.....Moody's gives N.J. a 'credit negative' following pension ruling, budget plan http://www.northjersey.com/news/moody-s-gives-n-j-a-credit-negative-following-pension-ruling-budget-plan-1.1279028 The man's a financial GENIUS I tell you....downgrade number nine, number nine.....(that's a Beatles reference for you younger folks)
** WHAT AGAIN? At some point this stops becoming news doesn't it? Moody's downgrades N.J. credit rating, citing weak financial position and pension shortfalls :http://www.northjersey.com/news/moody-s-downgrades-n-j-credit-rating-citing-weak-financial-position-and-pension-shortfalls-1.1311053 I wonder if he's touting this as an accomplishment up in New Hampshire. Done me wrong same old song!
179. A contribution to the RGA under Christie has a long track record of being a prudent investment-that legacy continues: Exxon Mobil Settles $9 Billion New Jersey Environmental Case for $250 Million: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/nyregion/exxon-mobil-settles-with-new-jersey-over-environmental-damage.html?_r=0 The hits just keep coming! You can sell yourself out but you've just sold out generations of NJ residents you disgusting slob!
*Lori Grifa apparently learned very well at Sampson's knee. A follow up on #179 (and the prediction from #166) & a more in depth look at the miracle 3 cents on a dollar settlement-Chris Christie Backed Law That Lets Him Divert ExxonMobil Settlement From Environmental Cleanup http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-backed-law-lets-him-divert-exxonmobil-settlement-environmental-cleanup-1831558 Guess who represented Exxon? That would be Lori Grifa's new law firm-Archer & Greiner.
**IMPORTANT UPDATE Seems Mr. Christie had the Governor's Office interfere with the litigation-Christie’s Office Drove Exxon Settlement, Ex-Official Says:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/nyregion/christies-office-took-over-exxon-settlement-ex-official-says.html?ref=nyregion Now why do you suppose he would do a thing like that?
***For those interested in original documents (and I know you're out there!) Here is a link to some of the filings in this case: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/documents_read_excerpts_from_the_states_case_again.html#incart_river Paper trails are a bitch aren't they Chris?
180. Christie's insiders seem to be leaving in droves:Inside Team Christie: Severe Dysfunction and 90% of top staff have left: http://politickernj.com/2015/02/inside-team-christie-severe-dysfunction-and-90-of-top-staff-have-left/ The rats are jumping ship, but they all seem to be landing on yachts!
181. A little late but welcome nonetheless -Christie will face a real dilemma because of his close ties and dirty dealings with pension money, high school buddies and campaign donors Chris Christie Faces New Jersey Bill Restricting Campaign Cash From Firms Managing Pension: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-faces-new-jersey-bill-restricting-campaign-cash-firms-managing-pension-1831938 or not- he could just veto the bill and start raking in the cash.
Hey, how did that Wildstein....I mean that guy I don't know get into the State House again?
182. Hey Chris, explain it again about why the pension system needs to be reformed! Chris Christie Administration Paid $600M In Financial Fees In 2014: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-administration-paid-600m-financial-fees-2014-1833872 Oh it needs reform alright, except the problem isn't the benefit side. Then again, being a Christie insider is a benefit.
183. Chris Christie and Wall Street pirates have a swashbuckling history that goes way back: Christie has a Bernie Madoff Problem: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/03/1022317/-Christie-has-a-Bernie-Madoff-Problem# This article also raises the question-How did a lawyer fresh out of law school with no experience become a partner in an established law firm? Inquiring minds want to know. Does anyone in a position of authority or with say a platform with a large public following have an inquiring mind?
184. Matt Katz turns over a rock and look what scurries out! Christie Aide Took Political Trip Before Exxon Settlement:http://bit.ly/1G1iaVd Holy Toledo! You just can't make stuff like this up!
185. After giving Exxon a nice big sloppy wet kiss (and several billion dollars to go with it) he heads to Florida (after declaring a State of Emergency in NJ) to soak up the Sun at an Exxon funded event: Hours After Exxon Settlement, Chris Christie Attends Secretive Event Hosted By Exxon-Funded Group: http://www.ibtimes.com/hours-after-exxon-settlement-chris-christie-attends-secretive-event-hosted-exxon-1838686 If you sell us out, you might as well sell us out big time Mr. Christie.
186. Chris Christie's education policies are an utter failure-who would have guessed? Chris Christie’s Newark School Privatization Scam Is An Epic Failure:http://reverbpress.com/politics/chris-christies-newark-school-privatization-scam-is-an-epic-failure/ I wonder what he'll fail at next?
187. Christie came under the spell of the Koch Brothers and let the environment be damned. Oil Baron of the Pine Barrens: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/12/oil-baron-of-the-pine-barrens-chris-christie-embraces-big-oil We're all screwed.
188. Wildstein's personal calendar turns out to be a treasure trove of information-Bridgegate Fall Guy Was Inside Man:http://bit.ly/1L0vosj Christie is caught lying again-what a shocker. This one's going to be a bit tough to explain Mr. Class President and Athlete.
189. Taking the state police helicopter to your kid's baseball games wasn't bad enough-Christie rarely pays full cost of state helicopter air time during personal, political travel : http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/christie_helicopter_travel.html Hey, when you're entitled you're entitled, know what I mean?
190. This whole you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours thing Christie has going is quite a racket! Chris Christie Maintained State Pension Investments In Prudential After Top Official Gave Contributions ; http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-maintained-state-pension-investments-prudential-after-top-official-1843736 There's nothing to see here folks, just move along.
*This story is apparently even worse than it looks! Chris Christie Officials Sent Pension Money To Subsidiary of Donor’s Foreign Firm
:http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-officials-sent-pension-money-subsidiary-donors-foreign-firm-1847744 Looks like you've got both the quid and the quo!
**Did I say it was worse than it looks? I was wrong! It's way worse than it looks: Chris Christie Officials Suggest New Jersey Paid Millions in Undisclosed Fees: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-officials-suggest-new-jersey-paid-millions-undisclosed-fees-1864514 Fees, who wants to know?
191. Yet again proving that being Governor is the next best thing to having a friend who's governor-Christie's Camden tax breaks reward political insiders: http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-s-camden-tax-breaks-reward-political-insiders-1.1290521 Sadly, I'm having trouble getting outraged over anything this guy does anymore.
192. The plot thickens-Federal prosecutors file new subpoena investigating Chris Christie bridge scandal: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/federal-prosecutors-file-new-subpoena-investigating-chris-christie-bridge-scandal/ Keep running for President moron-nobody will ever notice what's going on back in NJ.
193. Oh yeah, that guy you didn't know-Just How Close Was Chris Christie to David Wildstein?: http://politickernj.com/2015/03/just-how-close-was-chris-christie-to-david-wildstein/ try the crab cakes at the Black Horse-they're delicious. then again-you've probably already had them-hey Dave?
Sorry kid. I gave all the Sandy money to political donors. Now go back to your trailer and shut up
194. Governor Christie is more than willing to get on his knees for David Koch: The Oil Baron Of The Pine Barrens : http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/12/oil-baron-of-the-pine-barrens-chris-christie-embraces-big-oil Citizens United has apparently ended the era of "cash in an envelope corruption"-it's a brave new world!
195. And don't EVER forget that Christie's shining achievement is recovery from Hurricane Sandy! At Christie's 131st town hall, a Boy Scout tells a Sandy horror story: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/at_christies_131st_town_hall_a_boy_scouts_den_moth.html The kid's still living in a camper 2 1/2 years later and the best Christie can do is blame somebody else and give the kid a pen (but not to keep)! The man is a true hero.
196. An excellent analysis of the Christie style of dealing with municipal officials who don't toe the line: Neverending Story: Feds' Bridgegate Probe Takes New Turn : http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/neverending-story-feds-bridgegate-probe-takes-new-turn The screws are definitely being tightened!
197. Being a FOC'er pays off again! This time for the friendly media member who tosses him softballs on his call-in radio show: Chris Christie Gets Corvette For NJ Radio News Director Who Interviews Him: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-gets-corvette-nj-radio-news-director-who-interviews-him-1856420 Oh Brother!
198. Could this be a harbinger of good things to come? Former Port Authority chairman resigns from law firm he co-founded:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/former_port_authority_chairman_resigns_from_law_fi.html#incart_river Merely quitting wasn't enough-the firm is changing its name to eliminate all traces of Samson!
*It's Every man (or in this case woman) for themselves! Wolff & Samson loses top lobbyist:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/wolff_samson_loses_top_lobbyist_the_auditor.html#incart_river Yet another rat jumps ship.
** Will Mr. Samson keep quiet if he's indicted? Will he slit his wrists in the bathtub like Frankie Pentangelo in The Godfather? Chris Christie Ally David Samson’s Loyalty May Be Tested as Probe Winds Down:http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-16/christie-ally-samson-s-loyalty-may-be-tested-as-probe-winds-down I believe the answers to these questions will be coming soon.
199. Speaking of harbingers-could the vigil be over? Indictments May Be Near in George Washington Bridge Scandal:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/09/nyregion/indictments-may-be-near-in-george-washington-bridge-scandal.html?_r=0 This certainly fits with what I have heard in the last two weeks.
200. A fitting ending to Volume II-Is a defining moment near for U.S. attorney Fishman?:http://www.northjersey.com/news/is-a-defining-moment-near-for-u-s-attorney-fishman-1.1307587 I couldn't have asked for a better article to leave this edition with. A defining moment indeed, and not just for Mr. Fishman. Here's hoping he has what it takes to bring Christie down.
Hold on to your butts boys and girls, the roller coaster ride is just beginning
201. He's not a rich guy, "just getting by" on more than $700.000 a year! Christie fails to report income, avoids $152,000 in taxes: http://watchdog.org/211787/christie-avoids-income-taxes/ Taxes are for the little people.
202. "But I know I want to spend a lot of time with my family," Mary Pat Christie said. Mary Pat Christie leaves Wall Street job: http://articles.philly.com/2015-04-25/news/61522154_1_the-christies-mary-pat-christie-matt-lauer I see Mary Pat has the same casual relationship with the truth as her husband.
203. Mr. Samson extorting a personal flight from United Air Lines? The Dinner Proposal That Led United Into Corruption Probe: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-28/the-dinner-proposal-that-led-united-into-corruption-probe This ought to be interesting.
204. And the first shoe drops! Documents: Read Wildstein plea agreement, Kelly and Baroni indictment:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/document_read_david_wildsteins_plea_agreement_cour.html Keep your derriere in the chairriere! Kablaam!
*And for those who like original documents (and I know you're out there) here is the indictment: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2071178-bridget-kelly-and-bill-baroni-indictment.html and Wildstein's plea agreement: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2071160-wildstein-david-information.html -some very interesting reading.
205. Christie was cleared! Well not really-Chris Christie’s problems are just beginning: Why the Bridgegate indictments don’t clear his name:http://www.salon.com/2015/05/02/chris_christies_problems_are_just_beginning_why_the_bridgegate_indictments_dont_clear_his_name/ It's not looking good for our favorite governor.
206. It's not all good news-Amid Headline-Grabbing Bridgegate Indictments, Hoboken Probe Comes to End:http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/05/01/amid-headline-grabbing-bridgegate-indictments-hoboken-probe-quietly-comes-to-end/ This is extremely disappointing.
207. There's a lot going on and a lot to keep track of- Making Sense of Latest Events in Long-Running Drama Known as ‘Bridgegate’:http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/05/01/making-sense-of-latest-events-in-long-playing-drama-known-as-bridgegate/ keeping up is going to get harder.
208. This is going to be a very interesting couple of weeks Questions remain on who else was involved in GWB saga, status of ex-Port Authority chairman: http://www.northjersey.com/news/questions-remain-on-who-else-was-involved-in-gwb-saga-status-of-ex-port-authority-chairman-1.1324435 I'm sure there are some good answers coming.
209. What's it all about? Making the Bridgegate case: How Feds threaded the needle:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/making_the_bridgegate_case_how_the_feds_threaded_t.html#incart_river These three were more evil than anybody imagined!
* A good summary can be found here as well-Inside the Bridgegate plot: Lies, vengeance and an epic traffic jam:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/inside_the_bridgegate_plot_lies_vengeance_and_an_epic_traffic_jam.html#incart_most-read_politics_article
210. Since Christie is just getting by financially, it's good the taxpayers can cover his travel costs Travel club: Cost of Christie cops continues to climb: http://watchdog.org/213020/christie-travel-cops/ He's just the greatest!
211. I'm sure all DU readers will immediately go to this page and help poor Bridget Kelly out- Bridget Kelly Legal Defense Fund:https://www.bridgetannekellydefense.com/ She's counting on us!
212. How about his grip on the rest of us?Christie’s Grip on Republican Politics in New Jersey Shows Signs of Slipping: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/nyregion/christies-grip-on-republican-politics-in-new-jersey-shows-signs-of-slipping.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0 Bye Bye Chris.
It's never a good day when you find yourself drawn by a courtroom artist
213. Here's an understatement if I ever saw one-With Bridge Case Charges, a Cloud Descends on Christie’s White House Hopes:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/nyregion/charges-in-bridge-scandal-pose-trouble-for-chris-christie.html?action=click&contentCollection=N.Y.%20%2F%20Region&module=RelatedCoverage Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
214. What does $7.5 million get you? Sharp contrasts in GWB probes: Mastro report's narrative more favorable to Christie:http://www.northjersey.com/news/sharp-contrasts-in-gwb-probes-mastro-report-s-narrative-more-favorable-to-christie-1.1324672 Yes Randy, there's nothing to challenge your findings-EXCEPT the part about it being a scheme hatched by senior Christie confidantes to inflict maximum damage on a mayor who didn't play ball.
215. They're both innocent I tell ya! Bridgegate scandal: Kelly, Baroni enter not guilty pleas in federal court: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/bridgegate_kelly_baroni_in_federal_court.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured I like the part about Baroni clasping hands with Bridget-heartwarming- or is it heart worming?
216. Wouldn't THIS be interesting! Chris Christie May Have To Testify In The BridgeGate Trial Of His Former Cronies:http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/bill-baroni-bridget-anne-kelly-bridgegate The only question will be if he is in NJ long enough to testify-he's in Mississippi today meeting with his pal Haley "no bid Sandy contract" Barbour.
*And the legal proceedings may reveal even more interesting facts-‘Unindicted’ and anonymous: Names of possible co-conspirators in GWB case could come out at trial: http://www.northjersey.com/news/unindicted-and-anonymous-names-of-possible-co-conspirators-in-gwb-case-could-come-out-at-trial-1.1330469 How long will people keep quiet?
217. Keep sticking to that story! The Bridgegate outrage that nobody is talking about : http://www.salon.com/2015/05/04/the_bridgegate_outrage_that_nobody_is_talking_about/ This is some pretty damning stuff.
218. If you know what's good for you you'll stop asking quetions Chris Christie Vetoes Anti-Corruption Law To Limit Wall Street Campaign Cash : http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-vetoes-anti-corruption-law-limit-wall-street-campaign-cash-1907717 Nobody needs to know about his sweetheart deals with high school buddies and big donors.
219. This goes back to Volume I-Christie Dodges Questions About Sandy Funds Spent on Luxury Highrise in New Brunswick: http://newbrunswicktoday.com/article/christie-dodges-questions-about-sandy-funds-spent-luxury-highrise-new-brunswick# I wonder what favors qualified this project for Sandy relief money?
220. Whistling past the graveyard again? Yes, Chris Christie Is Still Planning To Run For President. Here's Why : http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/05/04/yes-chris-christie-is-still-planning-to-run-for-president-here-s-why There's nothing to worry about, is there. There's no doubt he brings entertainment value to the race.
221. This is not really new to followers of the Crime Digest but the fact that it may be coming to the forefront certainly is! Chris Christie’s fresh humiliation: The new scandal that could finally put the kibosh on his presidential hopes:http://www.salon.com/2015/05/08/chris_christies_fresh_humiliation_the_scandal_that_could_finally_put_the_kibosh_on_his_presidential_hopes_partner/ More indictments? What a lovely thought. (what exactly IS a kibosh?)
222. Once again the interests of the people of NJ are last on Christie's list-Christie vetoes environmental clean up funding bill pushed after Exxon settlement:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/christie_vetoes_environmental_clean_up_funding_bil.html#incart_river Just when you think he can't be any more despicable!
223. In our latest episode of Chris Christie-Fiscal Conservative, our hero is busy running up big catering bills on the taxpayer's dime-Christie buys $300K of food & booze with NJ expense account: http://watchdog.org/217942/christie-nj-expense-account/ The fact that this amount could probably have permanently endowed our local food bank is reason enough to be outraged.
224. On this week's installment of Chris Christie-Stand up Guy we find the Governor boldly evading blame-Christie says he 'can't be responsible' for allies' actions in Bridgegate:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/christie_says_he_cant_be_held_responsible_for_brid.html#incart_river Now THAT is real leadership!
Now about that contract with the Port Authority old buddy, old pal-We're friends, right?
225. Well, anyone following the many chapters of the Crime Digest knows this but it's good to see it go a little mainstream-5 Chris Christie scandals that blow #Bridgegate out of the water: http://www.salon.com/2015/05/16/5_chris_christie_scandals_that_blow_bridgegate_out_of_the_water_partner/ Yet he continues to run for President-go figure.
226. Alright, now we're entering delusional territory-Christie: Jersey loves me too much to let me go as president: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/christie_says_nj_voters_dont_think_hed_be_a_good_p.html#incart_river Does he really believe this?
*An editorial commenting on this delusional talk-Gov. Christie loses his marbles on national TV:http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/05/gov_christie_loses_his_marbles_on_national_tv_edit.html#incart_river The most important quote in all three volumes so far-"It’s no wonder that New Jersey is screaming a warning to the rest of the country". Take heed indeed.
227. You see, he's not like the rest of us-Christie's lavish gifts as governor not personal income, AG says:http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/christies_lavish_gifts_as_governor_not_personal_in.html#incart_river This from the "don't take so much as a sandwich from a local deli owner" governor. This is as disgusting as his bloated pock marked face.
228. We all owe Christie a heartfelt apology! Christie compares coverage of GWB and Clinton email scandals; says media bias apparent:http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-compares-coverage-of-gwb-and-clinton-email-scandals-says-media-bias-apparent-1.1340265 At least he didn't scream Bengazi! Oh wait, I think he did.
229. If your opponent is choleric of temper, irritate him-Election 2016: Chris Christie Delivered Profanity-Laced Tirade At NJ Press Dinner: http://www.ibtimes.com/election-2016-chris-christie-delivered-profanity-laced-tirade-nj-press-dinner-1933792 Just a few more jabs and I see a full-blown melt down! Now that will be some interesting video.
Not Now, I'm Practicing My Perp Walk
The story doesn't end here folks! Go to Christie Crime Digest Vol. II and Christie Crime Digest Vol. III-The Prosecution! for more!
Damn You Christie Crime Digest! Why Won't You Leave Me Alone? When I'm President You're Dead!
306 replies, 40064 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Christie Crime Digest-Vol. I [View all]
|Kelvin Mace||Jan 2014||#1|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#40|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#12|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#8|
|Bernardo de La Paz||Jan 2014||#10|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Jan 2014||#14|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#20|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#22|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#43|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#48|
|Exciting Trip||Jan 2014||#51|
|La Lioness Priyanka||Feb 2014||#74|
|La Lioness Priyanka||Feb 2014||#75|
|Corruption Inc||Jan 2014||#38|
|arely staircase||Jan 2014||#57|
|Beach Rat||Jan 2014||#64|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Feb 2014||#87|
|Beach Rat||Feb 2014||#88|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Feb 2014||#116|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#133|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#134|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#140|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#144|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#147|
|Faux pas||Mar 2014||#152|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#155|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#161|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#163|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#164|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#165|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#171|
|Smarmie Doofus||Mar 2014||#176|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#177|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Mar 2014||#179|
|Dread Pirate Roberts||Mar 2014||#180|
|Beach Rat||Apr 2014||#193|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#194|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#203|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#213|
|yortsed snacilbuper||Apr 2014||#215|
|yortsed snacilbuper||May 2014||#222|
|yortsed snacilbuper||May 2014||#223|
|Beach Rat||Oct 2014||#278|