Member since: Thu Dec 22, 2011, 12:57 PM
Number of posts: 22,538
Member since: Thu Dec 22, 2011, 12:57 PM
Number of posts: 22,538
Nick Strakhov asked why the Trump organization wants to have this cemetery. Mr. Russo responded stating that Mr. Trump began talking about the idea, and members of the organization began voicing that it was a good idea.
Lamington Family Holdings LLC appears to be owned by Trump.
The highlight above is from a Bedminster Township meeting.
I really wish I had more time on my hands. When you start looking at some of his business entities it gets pretty interesting. There are also representatives from another company of his at this meeting, the golf course across the street.
Not a cemetary simply owned by Trump, it's specifically for members of his orginization.
Posted by NCTraveler | Fri Nov 18, 2016, 08:31 PM (4 replies)
Hillary Clinton believes that we need an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top. But when it comes to taxes, too often the wealthiest and the largest corporations are playing by a different set of rules than hardworking families.
Hillary is committed to restoring basic fairness in our tax code and ensuring that the wealthiest Americans and large corporations pay their fair share, while providing tax relief to working families. That’s not only fair, it’s good for economic growth, because she will use the proceeds to create good-paying jobs here in America—and make bold investments that leave our economy more competitive over the long run.
- Restore basic fairness to our tax code. Hillary will implement a “fair share surcharge” on multi-millionaires and billionaires and fight for measures like the Buffett Rule to ensure the wealthiest Americans do not pay a lower tax rate than hardworking middle-class families. She’ll close loopholes that create a private tax system for the most fortunate, and she’ll ensure multi-million-dollar estates are paying their fair share of taxes.
- Close corporate and Wall Street tax loopholes and invest in America. Hillary will close tax loopholes like inversions that reward companies for shifting profits and jobs overseas. She will charge an “exit tax” for companies leaving the U.S. to settle up on their untaxed foreign earnings. She will close tax loopholes that let Wall Street money managers pay lower rates than some middle-class families. And she’ll reward businesses that invest in good-paying jobs here in the United States.
- Simplify and cut taxes for small businesses so they can hire and grow. The smallest businesses, with one to five employees, spend 150 hours and $1,100 per employee on federal tax compliance. That’s more than 20 times higher than the average for far larger firms. We’ve got to fix that.
- Provide tax relief to working families from the rising costs they face. For too many years, middle-class families have been squeezed by rising costs for everything from child care to health care to affording college. Hillary will offer relief from these rising costs, including tax relief for Americans facing excessive out-of-pocket health care costs and for those caring for an ill or elderly family member.
- Pay for ambitious investments in a fiscally responsible way. Hillary believes that we can afford to pay for ambitious, progressive investments in good-paying jobs, debt-free college, and other measures to strengthen growth, broaden opportunity, and reduce inequality. Hillary will use the proceeds from ensuring the wealthiest and the largest corporations pay their fair share to pay for these investments without adding to the debt.
The Not So Brief
Corporate giants found a way to exploit tax loopholes. Hillary Clinton has a plan to stop them.
Ending inversions and investing in America
To ensure tax fairness, Clinton unveils new ‘fair share surcharge’ on multi-millionaires
Posted by NCTraveler | Fri Oct 14, 2016, 10:34 AM (2 replies)
"The measure of our success will be how much incomes rise for hardworking families. How many children are lifted out of poverty. How many Americans can find good jobs that support a middle-class life—and not only that, jobs that provide a sense of dignity and pride. That’s what it means to have an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top. That’s the mission, and I’m asking all of you to join me in it.” Hillary, June 22, 2016
- Launch our country’s boldest investments in infrastructure since the construction of our interstate highway system in the 1950s.
- Advance our commitment to research and technology in order to create the industries and jobs of the future.
- Establish the U.S. as the clean energy superpower of the world—with half a billion solar panels installed by the end of her first term and enough clean, renewable energy to power every home in America within 10 years of her taking office.
- Strengthen American manufacturing with a $10 billion “Make it in America” plan.
- Cut red tape, provide tax relief and expand access to capital so small businesses can grow, hire, and thrive.
- Ensure that the jobs of the future in caregiving and services are good-paying jobs, recognizing their fundamental contributions to families and to America.
- Pursue smarter, fairer, tougher trade policies that put U.S. job creation first and get tough on nations like China that seek to prosper at the expense of our workers. This includes opposing trade deals like the Trans-Pacific Partnership that do not meet a high bar of creating good-paying jobs and raising pay.
- Commit to a full-employment, full-potential economy and break down barriers so that growth, jobs, and prosperity are shared in every community in America.
The Not So Brief
Medium: We can’t let Donald Trump bankrupt America like one of his failed casinos
The Feed: 5 important steps Hillary Clinton will take to reduce inequality and grow our economy
The Feed: The middle class needs a raise. Here’s how Hillary Clinton plans to do it.
Hillary Clinton Economic Speech
Posted by NCTraveler | Thu Aug 18, 2016, 02:11 PM (0 replies)
“If we claim we are for family, then we have to pull together and resolve the outstanding issues around our broken immigration system. The American people support comprehensive immigration reform not just because it’s the right thing to do—and it is—but because they know it strengthens families, strengthens our economy, and strengthens our country. … We can’t wait any longer for a path to full and equal citizenship. ” Hillary, May 5, 2015
- Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office.
- End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.
- Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks.
- Enforce immigration laws humanely. Immigration enforcement must be humane, targeted, and effective.
- End family detention and close private immigration detention centers.
- Expand access to affordable health care to all families.
- Promote naturalization.
The Not So Brief and Additional Resources
Remarks: A plan to strengthen immigrant families at the National Immigration Conference in Brooklyn
The Feed: Hillary Clinton just pledged to end a law that is tearing mixed-status families apart
The Feed: Hillary Clinton’s talk with a 10-year-old girl sums up one of the most important issues of this election
Hillary Clinton addresses crowd at La Raza conference
Posted by NCTraveler | Tue Aug 16, 2016, 08:03 AM (1 replies)
Early childhood education
“I believe getting off to a good start should be our children's birthright, part of the basic bargain that we have with each other as a nation. Every child should have the tools and the skills to thrive in tomorrow's economy, especially those kids from our most vulnerable and at-risk communities.” Hillary, June 15, 2015
- Make preschool universal for every 4-year-old in America.
- Significantly increase child care investments so that no family in America has to pay more than 10 percent of its income to afford high-quality child care.
- Improve the quality of child care and early learning by giving a RAISE to America’s child care workforce.
- Double our investment in Early Head Start and the Early Head Start–Child Care Partnership program.
- Expand access to evidence-based home visiting programs.
- Award scholarships of up to $1,500 per year to help as many as 1 million student parents afford high-quality child care.
- Increase access to high-quality child care on college campuses by serving an additional 250,000 children.
Fact Sheet: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2015/06/14/fact-sheet-universal-preschool/
K - 12 Education
“Education should be the great door opener, and yet we know it often doesn’t turn out that way. I think every child in this country deserves a good teacher in a good school, regardless of the ZIP code you live in.” Hillary, March 10, 2016
- Launch a national campaign to modernize and elevate the profession of teaching.
- Provide every student in America an opportunity to learn computer science.
- Dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline.
- As a young law student working for Marian Wright Edelman, Hillary went undercover to investigate “segregation academies” in Alabama.
- As first lady of Arkansas, she chaired the Arkansas Educational Standards Commission, fighting to raise academic standards, increase teacher salaries, and reduce class sizes.
- As first lady of the United States, she chaired the first-ever convening on Hispanic children and youth, which focused on improving access to educational opportunities.
- As a U.S. senator, she served on the Senate Health, Education and Labor Committee, as a key member shaping the No Child Left Behind Act, with the hope that it would bring needed resources and real accountability to improve educational opportunities for our most disadvantaged students.
Fact Sheet: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2016/02/18/ending-the-school-to-prison-pipeline/
Making college debt-free and taking on student debt
“Let’s … make debt-free college available to everyone. ... And let’s liberate the millions of Americans who already have student debt.” Hillary, June 22, 2016
- Every student should have the option to graduate from a public college or university in their state without taking on any student debt.
- All community colleges will offer free tuition.
- A $25 billion fund will support historically black colleges and universities, Hispanic-serving institutions, and other minority-serving institutions
- The one-quarter of all college students who are also parents will get the support they need and the resources they deserve.
Debt won’t hold you back
- Borrowers will be able to refinance loans at current rates
- Delinquent borrowers and those in default will get help
- To reduce the burden for future borrowers, Hillary will significantly cut interest rates so the government never profits from college student loans.
- Hillary’s plan will crack down on predatory schools, lenders, and bill collectors.
- A new payroll deduction portal for employers and employees will simplify the repayment process
- Aspiring entrepreneurs will be able to defer their loans with no payments or interest for up to three years.
- Hillary will take immediate executive action to offer a three-month moratorium on student loan payments to all federal loan borrowers.
Fact Sheet: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2016/07/06/hillary-clintons-commitment-a-debt-free-future-for-americas-graduates/
The Not So Brief
Posted by NCTraveler | Tue Aug 9, 2016, 11:53 AM (14 replies)
Go to Page: 1