HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Avatars and signature lin...

Fri Aug 14, 2020, 12:14 AM

Hi,

Please forgive me in advance if I somehow overlooked information pertaining to this issue, but I can't see anyone's avatars or signature lines. The only time I was ever able to see them was when we had the forum called "Primaries."

I am a "Star" member, but I am not sure if that has a bearing on this issue or not.

There is probably a simple explanation which I have somehow managed to overlook. Also, I have replied to posts but never started a thread before. I do hope I chose the correct place to post this.

Thank you......

4 replies, 1289 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Avatars and signature lines. (Original post)
BlueDawn Aug 2020 OP
cayugafalls Aug 2020 #1
cayugafalls Aug 2020 #2
Make7 Aug 2020 #3
Brother Buzz Aug 2020 #4

Response to BlueDawn (Original post)

Fri Aug 14, 2020, 12:20 AM

1. What browser do you use?

Is this on mobile only or PC as well?

Go to my account. Check that display avatar and signature is checked.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cayugafalls (Reply #1)

Fri Aug 14, 2020, 12:22 AM

2. Also go to myaccount Check and see if display avatar and signature is checked.

See if that helps

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 14, 2020, 12:52 AM

3. Avatars and signatures are not visible when viewing the 'mobile' version of DU.

In 'mobile' view the Greatest Threads page is a single column with two buttons at the top for listing the threads by number of recommendations or by the start time. For the 'desktop' view, the Greatest Threads page is two columns showing both thread sorting options at the same time.

If you're not viewing on a mobile device but are seeing the 'mobile' version, knowing more information about what browser and operating system you are using might help narrow down what the problem might be. Also double check your 'preferred format' for desktop and mobile devices on your My Account page as suggested above.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 16, 2020, 05:58 PM

4. Check your "My Account" you may have inadvertently turned Avatars and signature lines off

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread