HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » My take on what to do abo...

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 10:42 PM

My take on what to do about PG&E

Time for the state to do a hostile takeover and turn PG&E into a user/worker co-op.
if the state doesn’t buy it, either the same crew will keep it, or another vulture capitalist like Singer will grab it. If vulturing happens, they’ll strip it of its assets, fire a lot of workers, can all the green programs, and raise the rates as they wish. Maintenance would also get worse.
It is unacceptable to have this level of murderous incompetence and greed threatening the people of this state and the regional powerhouse of the 5th largest economy in the world. Pakistan and India would be embarrassed by such a performance.
Let’s fire all the top executives, keep all the workers, and make the company and state as green as possible.
And oh yeah, shut down that stupid nuke plant sitting on a fault, prone to tsunamis, and planted where its poison crud would blow onto millions of people and where we grow a large part of our country’s food supply.
Sacramento and Los Angeles (among other places) have publicly owned power companies. And guess what? They cost less, have actual maintenance, and they’re not committing accidental arson all over the place every fall.

3 replies, 500 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply My take on what to do about PG&E (Original post)
diane in sf Oct 30 OP
diane in sf Oct 30 #1
alwaysinasnit Oct 30 #2
NBachers Oct 31 #3

Response to diane in sf (Original post)

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 11:16 PM

1. If you want to know more, check out Greg Palast, gregpalast.com

He’s been tracking utility fraud since before Enron. I’ve been reading his material since then. And tonight he gave a great interview on the PG&E situation during the evening news on KPFA. You can listen on Kpfa.org.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to diane in sf (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 11:24 PM

2. Thanks for the tip. Palast is great.

Reply to this post

Response to diane in sf (Original post)

Thu Oct 31, 2019, 02:38 AM

3. I think this is a great suggestion. They have lost any defense against being taken over by the state

They've turned into another continuing criminal enterprise, using public rights-of-way and socialized risk approaches to enrich themselves while jeopardizing the lives, property, resources, and safety of state residents.

That said, I also think there's an epidemic of arson being committed. Some may be by sick firebugs; some may be by sick republican California-hating domestic terrorists. "Burn the state down!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread