HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Congress (Group) » House Democratic infighti...

Sat Nov 23, 2019, 10:27 PM

House Democratic infighting subsides as party focuses on push to impeach Trump

Source: Washington Post

House Democratic infighting subsides as party focuses on push to impeach Trump

By Paul Kane
11/23/2019, 6:00:00 a.m.

For almost four months, House Democrats have enjoyed something that once seemed unattainable: relative calm inside their caucus.

Democrats have tamped down the internal friction that dominated the spring and summer, creating divisions along ideological and generational lines, as they instead focus on the far more consequential battle of trying to impeach President Trump.

The self-proclaimed “Squad” — the four young, first-term liberal congresswomen who clashed earlier in the year with fellow freshmen from swing districts — has drifted into the background with so much attention now focused on the House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment inquiry.

None of the more than 60 freshman Democrats sits on that key panel, which has given the newcomers a chance to learn the ropes without the kleig lights of cable news chasing them every which way.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-democratic-infighting-subsides-as-party-focuses-on-push-to-impeach-trump/2019/11/22/e187f902-0d5b-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

2 replies, 476 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply House Democratic infighting subsides as party focuses on push to impeach Trump (Original post)
Eugene Nov 23 OP
LakeArenal Nov 23 #1
bluedye33139 Nov 23 #2

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Sat Nov 23, 2019, 10:37 PM

1. I really don't believe there is in-fighting

I could be wrong. But I don’t.
There is so much going on to be in-fighting.

There may be supporters overly reactive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LakeArenal (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 23, 2019, 11:25 PM

2. People who hate the Democratic party

claim all sorts of things about the party falling apart.

Meanwhile, they push spoiler candidates.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread