HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Apple Users (Group) » Adding This to my Christm...

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 10:17 PM

Adding This to my Christmas List :)

Check out Hue!

Remember the LIFX, the wi-fi-enabled smart LED bulb? While its Kickstarter funding period ended two weeks ago (well past its $100,000 target with $1.3 mil in pledges), there's no word on when production will begin; on November 12th the LIFX team wrote that "It's not possible to make final [production decisions] until we perform detailed thermal modeling and standardized measurements of light output, color rendering index, white balance agility, etc."

In the meantime Philips has been stumping for their own wi-fi-enabled, color changing offering, the Hue bulb. Interestingly, one of their marketing points is that you can select the output color (using an iDevice) via a method that will be familiar to Photoshop eyedrop tool users. Check it out:

1 replies, 878 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Adding This to my Christmas List :) (Original post)
Agschmid Dec 2012 OP
ProdigalJunkMail Dec 2012 #1

Response to Agschmid (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 08:14 AM

1. that is really fabulous...

the prices are a little steep...but if they last long enough then it would be well worth it to do this in the primary living spaces in a home or office!

thanks!

sP

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread