HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » After months, finally fou...

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:12 PM

After months, finally found a vaccine for parents and myself tomorrow! Woo!

My mom's afraid to get it because she's had heart attacks and all the blood clot issues rumored, but I'm encouraging her to give it a go. I'm nervous as well. However, we were fortunate to get an appointment where my folks and I could be vaccinated at the same time, a blessing when I'm physically disabled and they have to take me. This way, our shot dates won't be all over the calendar and we'll have less exposure. We're getting the Pfizer vaccine, which is the one we wanted.

So, nervous (I have a phobia about needles, but not looking works fine enough) but hopeful everything goes okay and nobody has terrible side effects. It took months - things are just flat out booked in my part of Florida - but it will be worth it to feel a little safer, especially for my folks who go out and about far more than I do.

17 replies, 643 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply After months, finally found a vaccine for parents and myself tomorrow! Woo! (Original post)
Akoto Apr 24 OP
ret5hd Apr 24 #1
MiniMe Apr 24 #2
elleng Apr 24 #6
MerryHolidays Apr 24 #3
50 Shades Of Blue Apr 24 #4
SheltieLover Apr 24 #5
WA-03 Democrat Apr 24 #7
Goonch Apr 24 #8
Retired Engineer Bob Apr 24 #9
demigoddess Apr 24 #10
Rebl2 Apr 24 #11
seta1950 Apr 24 #12
George II Apr 24 #13
ancianita Apr 24 #14
BigmanPigman Apr 24 #15
BobTheSubgenius Apr 24 #16
Akoto Apr 26 #17

Response to Akoto (Original post)

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:15 PM

1. Wish I could find a vaccine for parents.

(gawd i kill me)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:16 PM

2. You barely feel the needles

I've had both doses of the vaccine, and I didn't even feel the needle.

Reply to this post

Response to MiniMe (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:18 PM

6. Ditto, same for me;

feel sorry for those NOT similarly situated.

Reply to this post

3. Congrats and best of luck to the three of you

The injection won't hurt at all. I got the J&J vaccine, and I did not feel it at all. I was sleepy as can be for a few days, but that was it.

Reply to this post

4. Congrats! :)

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:17 PM

5. Yaaaaaay!

Congrats!

I had both Pfizers & only mildly sore arm.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:18 PM

7. Congrats!

Our family was all split up in getting our 1st but oh well...happy to have it. Agree about the less exposure with one trip. I am no fan of pain but I did not even feel the first shot. The guy was fast, a wipe of alcohol and I thought he was picking his spot. Then I feel a bandaid go on and I ask him if he gave me one. He laughed and said thatís how itís supposed to feel

Good luck!

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 07:34 PM

8. Rachell Madow shared her terrible phobia about needles

with her audience and got the shot none the less.
They use a very tiny gauge needle that I didn't even feel.
I had no symptoms from the first shot and am now some 30 hours post second shot with nothing but a mild, barely noticeable sore arm. ;-{)

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 09:27 PM

9. Congratulations on arranging the vaccination

I am so looking forward to visiting with my mother. Havenít seen her since last March. Vaccines are our ticket to a return to normal life.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 09:49 PM

10. my handicapped daughter got the pfizer shot just a couple of days ago. No problems or

side effects. Know what you are talking about, would love to have taken her with us to get it earlier, but they just don't seem to think that way.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 09:54 PM

11. To be honest

I didnít feel the needle at all. I got the Pfizer shot and both times all I had was a sore arm and that only lasted a day both times. Remember the Pfizer is made differently from the J&J. I havenít heard of any blood clot issues with Pfizer.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 10:01 PM

12. I'm glad

My husband has heart issues pacemaker on blood thinners, and he was just fine.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 10:04 PM

13. If it's any consolation, my wife was a nurse for about 45 years, administered tens of thousands....

....of shots and drawn as much blood. She's afraid of needles, too! But she was a trouper a couple of weeks ago when she got her J&J shot.

Before you all know it, it's over. No pain.

Thanks to President Biden and his great administration, getting scheduled for the vaccine has become routine for millions of Americans. I really can see by mid-to-late May almost everyone will have gotten at least one shot.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 10:05 PM

14. ...

Happy for you. Everyone deserves the relief of health and relief from anxiety. It's exhausting and disheartening. Enjoy feeling better. Your folks will, too.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 10:17 PM

15. I got mine on Thurs and I barely felt it which

surprised me. They must use a very skinny needle since I get shots all the time and I always feel them. If I get a flu shot, a Shingles vaccine or 32 injections into my scalp (Botox for migraines) I ALWAYS feel them. I can even hear my scalp go "crunch, crunch" as the Botox is injected, not with this Covid Vax though. The only thing I can figure is that the needles they use are super skinny.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 24, 2021, 10:26 PM

16. Congratulations!

My wife and I got our first 'installment' yesterday. Because we were both there, they moved my wife's appointment up from the 5th to yesterday, so we're pretty pleased.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 26, 2021, 01:13 PM

17. Had the first shot yesterday.

My mom is really phobic of both corona and the vaccine, so we almost couldn't get her to go, but I managed to coax her along. She got her shot first because she said it was that or run out of the store. What a day.

I was fine for the remainder of yesterday, as was my dad, as far as I know. My mom developed the sore arm and tinnitus as the evening went on, though the tinnitus seems to have passed this morning. I woke up with a bit of the sore arm but it's very bearable.

They were great at the pharmacy and got it done for us quickly. The pharmacy tech giving us the shots, who we'd known for ages, told us the biggest problem they're having is people not returning for the second shot.

Two weeks and I get the, by observation, less pleasant experience of the second one. Will be worthwhile in the end, though!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread