HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Democrats Plan to Mail Ba...

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 02:24 PM

Democrats Plan to Mail Ballots Earlier Than Republicans

Source: Political Wire

A NBCLX/YouGov poll finds that 65% of Democrats who say they plan to vote by mail expect to send their ballots off at least a month before Election Day, compared to just 49% of independents and 40% of Republicans who responded the same way.

Just 8% of Democrats who said they’ll vote by mail plan to wait until the last week before Nov. 3 to cast their ballots, compared to 14% of independents and 18% of Republicans.

Read more: https://politicalwire.com/2020/09/15/democrats-plan-to-mail-ballots-earlier-than-republicans/

The fundamental question is not: "when will you mail your ballot", but "when will the State validate and tally it"?

2 replies, 690 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democrats Plan to Mail Ballots Earlier Than Republicans (Original post)
brooklynite Sep 15 OP
Statistical Sep 15 #1
brooklynite Sep 15 #2

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 02:40 PM

1. It is insane to me that anyone is planning to wait until the week before the election to mail ...

... their ballot.

Granted I get it in some circumstances the ballot could be delayed or someone could forget. However the poll is on people's plans. "Planning" to wait until the week before the election to mail your ballot is planning on having your ballot arrive too late and not be counted. Yes please I wish to intentional increase the chance my vote is invalidated.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Statistical (Reply #1)

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 03:14 PM

2. Some States are worried that pre-tallying votes (early voting or absentee) will leak...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread