HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Suspected Case of Wuhan C...

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 03:37 PM

Suspected Case of Wuhan Coronavirus Surfaces in Brazos County, Texas

Source: NYT

SEATTLE ó Health officials in Brazos County, Texas, said Thursday that they were investigating a suspected case of Wuhan coronavirus and were keeping a patient isolated at home as they did additional testing.

The patient had traveled from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak of the respiratory illness began, and health care providers determined that the patient met the criteria for coronavirus testing, officials said. They said they would promptly announce if testing confirmed the patientís illness is a case of Wuhan coronavirus.

The United States identified its first confirmed Wuhan coronavirus patient in Washington State earlier this week after a man who had traveled to the Wuhan region became sick and sought medical attention. Officials have been working to contact people who were on his flight home and are monitoring 16 people they have identified as having had close contact with that patient in recent days.

While assuring the public that there was little threat, officials said Wednesday that they also believed it would not be the last Wuhan coronavirus case to reach the United States.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/us/united-states-coronavirus-cases.html

3 replies, 1462 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Suspected Case of Wuhan Coronavirus Surfaces in Brazos County, Texas (Original post)
herding cats Jan 23 OP
Sucha NastyWoman Jan 23 #1
rockfordfile Jan 23 #2
bucolic_frolic Jan 23 #3

Response to herding cats (Original post)

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 05:33 PM

1. And right in the middle of Brazos county is College Station Texas

Itís a good possibility the patient migh be attending Texas A&M. Where I have been traveling back-and-forth since Sunday because my dog has been in a veterinary hospital there. Otherwise Brazos county is a pretty rural, small town kind of place, not likely to have people traveling back-and-forth to China.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 06:01 PM

2. The patient had traveled from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak of the respiratory illness began

There you go.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 09:09 PM

3. My God, we're going to have to build a wall between us and China!!

Not going to be cheap

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread