HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » GOP Sen. Cassidy Rejects ...

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 11:54 AM

GOP Sen. Cassidy Rejects Equivalence Between Roy Moore and Al Franken Allegations...

Source: Mediate

GOP Sen. Cassidy Rejects Equivalence Between Roy Moore and Al Franken Allegations: ‘There is a Difference’

by Caleb Ecarma | 11:00 am, December 7th, 2017

While explaining his decision to un-endorse GOP Senate candidate and alleged child molester Roy Moore, Senator Bill Cassidy said “there is a difference between a 14-year-old-girl and an adult female” when it comes to cases of sexual misconduct.

The Louisiana Republican made the comments while appearing on the radio show of Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade. Cassidy comments doubling down on his condemnation of Moore — as the candidate faces multiple accusations of predatory behavior and sexual assault — come as the RNC and President Donald Trump endorsed the controversial candidate.

“Do you feel the president made the right decision giving a full-throated endorsement of Roy Moore?” Asked Kilmeade. “I can’t comment on the president’s actions — I retracted my endorsement of Roy Moore and now it’s up to the people of Alabama to decide, but on a personal level I just decided I don’t want to be there… That [retraction] still stands,” responded Cassidy.

When asked about the mounting allegations against Senator Al Franken of Minnesota, Cassidy remained adamant in not equating his case with Moore’s, saying, “Again it’s up to the people of Minnesota but if Al Franken has been involved in this kind of activity as a senator that’s problematic on the other hand there is a difference between a 14-year-old girl and an adult female, I will say that.”

Read more: https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-cassidy-rejects-equivalence-between-roy-moore-and-al-franken-allegations-the-is-a-difference/

6 replies, 1389 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP Sen. Cassidy Rejects Equivalence Between Roy Moore and Al Franken Allegations... (Original post)
DonViejo Thursday OP
TomCADem Thursday #1
Chakaconcarne Thursday #2
TomCADem Thursday #4
SeaDoo77 Thursday #3
DrToast Thursday #6
IronLionZion Thursday #5

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 11:59 AM

1. Molesting a Teen is Okay With Cassidy...

...that appears to be the take away.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TomCADem (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:01 PM

2. Hmmm... Didn't quite get that from the above excerpt.

Reply to this post

Response to Chakaconcarne (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:08 PM

4. Ah, he really beats around the bush...

...misinterpreted his point, since he also seemed to condemn Franken.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:02 PM

3. No You Took It The Wrong Way

He does not support child molester Moore.

He also says molesting a 14 year old is not the same as stealing a kiss from an adult woman.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 04:11 PM

6. Did you read the article?

Or just the headline?

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:19 PM

5. Our side gets hammered for tap dancing around nuanced issues

My take away from this is “Again it’s up to the people of Minnesota". I would agree with that approach for Franken.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread