HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OOOOk-lahoma, where the D...

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 12:53 AM

OOOOk-lahoma, where the Democratic pickups come sweeping down the plain

Tuesday, Sept. 12, turned out to be a lousy night for Republicans.

Democrats just flipped one more seat from red to blue—the second pickup of the night and the sixth Democratic pickup this cycle. (Republicans have yet to pick up a seat from Democrats in a contested election.)

Tuesday night’s victory in Oklahoma not only brings the total number of Democratic pickups to six, but it brings the number of races in which Democrats have outperformed the party’s 2016 presidential results in these same legislative and congressional districts to 26 (out of 35 held since last November.

Democrat Jacob Rosecrants, a teacher with a passion for public education, won this special election to the Oklahoma state House 60-40 percent, becoming the first Democrat to win this district since 2012. He’ll replace Scott Martin, an Oklahoma Republican who actually didn’t resign because of a scandal (unlike several of his colleagues already this year). Trump won this district 52-41 percent last fall, making this win a 31-point swing towards the Democrat. What’s more, Rosecrants himself ran for this same seat and lost in 2016 … by the same 60-40 margin he won by on Tuesday.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/12/1698074/-OOOOk-lahoma-where-the-Democratic-pickups-come-sweeping-down-the-plain

Wow! Thanks Trump!

6 replies, 2229 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply OOOOk-lahoma, where the Democratic pickups come sweeping down the plain (Original post)
Generic Other Sep 13 OP
leftstreet Sep 13 #1
MFM008 Sep 13 #2
madokie Sep 13 #3
haveahart Sep 13 #4
nocalflea Sep 13 #5
gratuitous Sep 13 #6

Response to Generic Other (Original post)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 01:19 AM

1. DURec

Nice!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:21 AM

2. Sing it!

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:58 AM

3. Used to be

if you were planning to run for office in Oklahoma and wanted to win you ran as a Democratic Candidate. About the time we started using electronic vote counting machines the tide started changing. I live here, have lived here all my life save for a couple years in California and a year and a half in 'Nam. I pay attention, I read the newspaper every single day and have since I could read. In fact the Tulsa World Newspaper is what I learned to read with. The 'funnies' were my inspiration to want to gain that knowledge that is provided by reading. I continue to look back where we've been all the while staying focused on tomorrow and where we're going.

So yes Oklahoma used to be as Blue of a State as any State in these United States.

I'm happy to see the changes coming and have spoken to many people about that very thing these last couple years.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:06 AM

4. Great news!!

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:57 AM

5. So the democratic party isn't on it's last legs ?

gasping for air, self-immolating...?

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:03 AM

6. Gee, you'd think would be a big national story

I know there's lots of stuff to be said about Houston and Florida, but anyone seen any coverage from the big media boys?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread