HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Millionaires voting for m...

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 05:42 AM

Millionaires voting for millionaires.

That is what we have in our Congress. The majority of the Congress and the Senate are millionaires and they want you to know that they don't much care to vote against themselves.

As has been pointed out many times, taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society. We are rapidly slipping into incivility.

We always expect Republicans to take an anti-tax position. The surprising thing is that so many Democrats believe the same way. Both Parties want the big programs but neither wants to pay for them. So they run us into massive debt and deficits instead.

And when did the ceiling for tax rates become 39%? Damn the politicians that would suggest even a higher rate.

All of this is rather discouraging and depressing for a big-government, tax spender like myself. I truly feel that my Party is deserting me. I am not leaving my Party - they are leaving me. It's a terrible feeling. If I were a millionaire, I would feel right at home...

3 replies, 924 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Millionaires voting for millionaires. (Original post)
kentuck Jul 2012 OP
mucifer Jul 2012 #1
kentuck Jul 2012 #2
geckosfeet Jul 2012 #3

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 05:45 AM

1. Barack Obama and Alan Grayson and Al Franken, all millionaires.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mucifer (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 05:52 AM

2. I think it is totally irresponsible....

... to say that those making less than $250,000 a year should pay no more in taxes, with the budget situation the way it is. That is not "middle class". It is a lie to say so.

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 07:05 AM

3. Shamelessly linking to this thread on the new policies in France wherever I can.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread