Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

kentuck

(111,056 posts)
Sat Mar 11, 2017, 12:54 AM Mar 2017

What do you think of the Trump/Russian conspiracy?


10 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
We can't prove it....we just know that it's a fact.
1 (10%)
There's too much discussion about it.
0 (0%)
We should let the "experts" in Congress and the FBI handle it.
0 (0%)
There absolutely needs to be more coverage.
1 (10%)
Just a bunch of nuts with conspiracy theories.
0 (0%)
It's real.
6 (60%)
It's mostly a fabrication.
0 (0%)
Other?
2 (20%)
Show usernames
Disclaimer: This is an Internet poll
4 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
What do you think of the Trump/Russian conspiracy? (Original Post) kentuck Mar 2017 OP
I think it's an operation started Turbineguy Mar 2017 #1
I think RoadhogRidesAgain Mar 2017 #2
I chose "other". It's real but I suspect citizens must act Jarqui Mar 2017 #3
I don't know Chitown Kev Mar 2017 #4
 

RoadhogRidesAgain

(165 posts)
2. I think
Sat Mar 11, 2017, 01:03 AM
Mar 2017

It's 65% chance that Trump at the very least has some deep financial involvement with some Russian oligarchs close to Putin, and on the 35% percent chance it's not, we should still keep pushing the story anyways, because it's Karma for Trump peddling the birther bullshit for years and because it's time Democrats start getting down and dirty with the republicans and fight fire with fire, or in this case, a tsunami. Taking the moral high road doesn't work in the real world.

Jarqui

(10,122 posts)
3. I chose "other". It's real but I suspect citizens must act
Sat Mar 11, 2017, 01:15 AM
Mar 2017

to force something gets done about it.

They just fired all 46 Obama appointed US Attorneys
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/doj-just-fired-of-46-obama-appointed-u-s-states-attorneys.html

Some here feel this is why
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028776924

Comey helped get Trump elected so we have no idea if the FBI is going to give this a fair shake or bury it like they did last fall.

Trump, Flynn. Pence, Spicer, etc. They're all flagrantly lying their heads off.

The evidence is massive and piling up:
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1gg6SdgftOynibeZjThGfa6eN8myZFYgtv7ztdJgeJSU/mobilebasic

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RbpBxJ3QNyvts_w16UcSSGeH7cSrXK9U3wIq0OOq-Xs/preview

Or watch Rachel Maddow's work on this story

I'm sure many folks could add to the above.


Michael Moore or others probably have more formulation of thoughts on what to do about this.

But unlike during Nixon's time, the GOP controls the House, Senate, Supreme Court soon and the Oval Office. If things were normal and proper, an independent counsel would have been appointed last fall or summer. So the help we might normally get to provide a check and balance is not coming any time soon.

Relentless media. Massive protests. Maybe a general strike are the sorts of things it's going to take. Even then, it might not be enough.

Chitown Kev

(2,197 posts)
4. I don't know
Sat Mar 11, 2017, 01:15 AM
Mar 2017

What, beyond with tampering with voting machines, would constitute an impeachable offense?

I mean, there's all sorts of trash media out there from many sources, including Russia.

Now as far as to the "wny" of everything, I think that's where a ot of the meat will reside (i.e. the motive for the collusion)

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»What do you think of the ...