HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Here's something for the ...

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 07:14 PM

Here's something for the hosts of "groups"

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by tkmorris (a host of the General Discussion forum).

"Philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism. One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right.' If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide. . . . Nobody owns the truth, and dogma, whatever form it takes, is the ultimate enemy of human freedom."

Saul Alinsky

1 replies, 1049 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Here's something for the hosts of "groups" (Original post)
mistertrickster Feb 2012 OP
tkmorris Feb 2012 #1

Response to mistertrickster (Original post)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 07:21 PM

1. That is a fine, fine, quote right there

Unfortunately, since it is directed at the Groups Hosts, I am going to have to lock it. If you want to remove that line you can PM me and I'll unlock, otherwise consider posting it in Help & Meta.

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink