HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The core reason for why D...

Thu Aug 20, 2020, 01:59 PM

The core reason for why Donald Trump specifically is so beloved by Republican voters...

...is that he publicly, proudly, shamelessly validates their bigotry, and in a way that is entertaining to Republicans.

This, above all else, distinguished him from the rest of the pack in 2016. He's a total celebrity caricature - who says directly to Republican voters, "You are right to be racist. You are right to be misogynistic. You are right to hate Muslims and immigrants. You should not be ashamed of that - you should EMBRACE that!" The embarrassed bigot no longer needs to be embarrassed.

I'm not saying anything new, of course, but this has to be emphasized: Trump tells them that their hatred is valid and good. That's why they'll never abandon him.

"I am your voice!"

3 replies, 873 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The core reason for why Donald Trump specifically is so beloved by Republican voters... (Original post)
DTomlinson Aug 20 OP
Laelth Aug 20 #1
FM123 Aug 20 #2
Walleye Aug 20 #3

Response to DTomlinson (Original post)

Thu Aug 20, 2020, 02:05 PM

1. He's an A-hole. They love that.

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 20, 2020, 02:06 PM

2. Yep.

And they are addicted to how he makes them feel, about themselves. There is no such thing as too much, only more.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 20, 2020, 02:09 PM

3. But he also says it's OK to lie cheat and steal

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread