HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump Warned by NRA Over ...

Thu Aug 8, 2019, 01:38 AM

Trump Warned by NRA Over Background Checks

Trump Warned by NRA Over Background Checks

August 7, 2019 at 9:59 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 97 Comments

https://politicalwire.com/2019/08/07/trump-warned-by-nra-over-background-checks/

"SNIP.....

“President Trump has repeatedly told lawmakers and aides in private conversations that he is open to endorsing extensive background checks in the wake of two mass shootings, prompting a warning from the National Rifle Association and concerns among White House aides,” the Washington Post reports.

“NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre spoke with Trump on Tuesday after the president expressed support for a background check bill and told him it would not be popular among Trump’s supporters.”

......SNIP"

Warned the GOP need gun control as an open wound so it can more successfully be used as a wedge issue. If there were good background checks people might feel that the gun debate had been settled reasonably well for the next little while and there was no need to gun hump their vote in 2020. Why abortion is never solved but increased by reducing access to birth control when the GOP are in power. Makes it more of a bloodbath.

3 replies, 876 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Warned by NRA Over Background Checks (Original post)
applegrove Aug 8 OP
mr_lebowski Aug 8 #1
tanyev Aug 8 #2
ooky Aug 8 #3

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Thu Aug 8, 2019, 02:00 AM

1. I'll tell you exactly why Trump is 'open' to better background checks ...

He fears for his own ass. And Ivanka's.

That's 100% 'what it is'.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 8, 2019, 07:57 AM

2. Yeah, I didn't think that would go very far. Did Wayne call him from his Texas dacha?

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

3. Just another Trump lie.

Float the idea that he is "open to it" and let M$M spread that all around the news cycle, while actually doing nothing, until the the current outcry dies down again. That's what that is all that's about.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread