HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Comey: Mueller findings s...

Wed Mar 27, 2019, 07:32 PM

Comey: Mueller findings show Trump lied about FBI, his attempt to destroy the agency failed

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/comey-mueller-findings-show-trump-lied-about-fbi-his-attempt-n988196
"I don't think that we've seen in the history of our country, the president try to burn down an institution of justice because he saw it as a threat," Comey said. "And the lies he told, forget about me, the lies he told about the agents of the FBI, 'storm troopers,' the lies he told about Bob Mueller, were terrible."

"But in the long run, the institutions will be fine, because the American people know them and also know this president, know what he's like," Comey added. "I think the people of the United States are going to see what I know about the FBI: These are people who are not in anyone's tribe, they're trying to find the facts."

There is also a very good clip in there of Comey defending the FBI for investigating Trump & Russia.

And that on it's face, he suspects Trump of obstruction of justice in his firing and he goes on to explain several events around that that lead him to that suspicion that he felt the FBI should look into.

I know he's not everyone's favorite after what he did to Hillary. But he gives Trump a fair spanking.

9 replies, 1673 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Comey: Mueller findings show Trump lied about FBI, his attempt to destroy the agency failed (Original post)
Jarqui Mar 2019 OP
SHRED Mar 2019 #1
onit2day Mar 2019 #2
SHRED Mar 2019 #3
TrishaJ Mar 2019 #7
hughee99 Mar 2019 #4
Jarqui Mar 2019 #5
hughee99 Mar 2019 #6
Jarqui Mar 2019 #8
hughee99 Mar 2019 #9

Response to Jarqui (Original post)

Wed Mar 27, 2019, 10:16 PM

1. The FBI can't even protect us from Dump

So there's that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SHRED (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 27, 2019, 10:28 PM

2. That's not their job. They investigate. Congress must hold him accountable

Comey just said they found him guilty of many things. Pelosi must stop letting these repub presidents get away with crimes.

Reply to this post

Response to onit2day (Reply #2)

Wed Mar 27, 2019, 10:29 PM

3. I guess I've got it wrong

I thought the FBI was law enforcement.

Reply to this post

Response to onit2day (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 08:45 AM

7. Yes, this has gone on too long.

It's to the point now where criminal activity for all to see is being buried. William Barr is a disgrace to law and order, as is "Rule of Law!" Lindsay Graham.

Reply to this post

Response to Jarqui (Original post)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 06:52 AM

4. I'm confused. I keep hearing that no one but Muller and Barr have seen the report

And yet I see post after post about someone claiming to know whatís in it. Which is it? Has Mueller or Barr been leaking copies of it? If Comey has seen it, you can be sure that didnít come from Barrís side.

Reply to this post

Response to hughee99 (Reply #4)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 07:53 AM

5. Rosenstein has probably seen it. Mueller reported directly to him and

Barr mentions Rosenstein in the letter.

Some people who assist those men have probably seen it.

Comey hasn't seen it.

I suspect few others have because Barr and Trump are exposed. There's no way the report is as Barr represented in his letter.

Reply to this post

Response to Jarqui (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 08:44 AM

6. Comey is talking about Mueller findings not referenced in the letter.

Either he knows whatís in the report or heís making this up.

Reply to this post

Response to hughee99 (Reply #6)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 09:13 AM

8. I did not hear that in his NBC interview

He was a part of the investigation of Russia & Trump until he got fired so he could comment on that.

Where did you hear or see it?

Reply to this post

Response to Jarqui (Reply #8)

Thu Mar 28, 2019, 10:44 PM

9. He was fired about a week before Mueller was appointed. He was NOT hired by Mueller,

so should not know what is in Mueller's report, unless he's read it or at least been briefed (which should not be the case).

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread