HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Sun Dec 2, 2018, 03:32 AM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (catbyte) on Sun Dec 2, 2018, 04:14 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

2 replies, 293 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
catbyte Sunday OP
lunatica Sunday #1
NanceGreggs Sunday #2

Response to catbyte (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2018, 03:41 AM

1. This story was posted twice already that I know of

so don’t be surprised if you don’t get a lot of responses. You’re right that Americans seem stupid, but the truth is they are really undereducated.

I live in New Mexico and in a lot of ways it’s very different than other states.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to catbyte (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2018, 03:49 AM

2. In 1973, I was living in Nashville, Tennessee

A friend of my husband’s was the head of A&R for CBS Records Canada who, not being fond of flying, decided to drive from Toronto to Nashville for a music biz convention.

He stopped at a gas station for a fill-up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, where the station attendant immediately recognized a “foreign accent” – and asked our friend where he was from.

“I’m from a country that borders yours,” our friend said.

With that, the gas station attendant walked around the car to check out the license plate.

Now able to confront our friend with this new-found information, the gas station attendant said, “So you’re from On-tar-EEE-oh! Funny – ya’ll don’t look Mexican.”

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink