HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » North Jersey police offic...

Tue Mar 6, 2018, 03:07 PM

North Jersey police officer sells "House of Pain" T-shirts. Police chief condones it.

Great PR, guys!

At least one member of a North Jersey police department is selling t-shirts with the department's name and a logo some people believe is in bad taste -- given some of its officers have been accused of using excessive force in arrests.

The shirts have the Elizabeth Police Department's name and feature a "fighting Irish" man in police uniform, modeled after the University of Notre Dame's fighting leprechaun, as well as the words "House of Pain."

But Police Chief John Brennan said he's fine with it because the image is just a play on an album cover for the 1990s hip hop group House of Pain, best known for the song "Jump Around."

"The shirt has nothing to do with violence," he said in a phone interview.

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2018/03/should_police_officers_be_selling_shirts_that_say.html

4 replies, 1359 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply North Jersey police officer sells "House of Pain" T-shirts. Police chief condones it. (Original post)
True Dough Mar 2018 OP
d_r Mar 2018 #1
Iggo Mar 2018 #2
ProudLib72 Mar 2018 #3
samir.g Mar 2018 #4

Response to True Dough (Original post)

Tue Mar 6, 2018, 03:48 PM

1. Pack it up, pack it in let me begin

https://m.

"A girl steps up, I'm smacking the ho" may not be the BEST excuse to prove "it's nothing about violence."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to d_r (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 6, 2018, 03:51 PM

2. I came to get down.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 6, 2018, 04:13 PM

3. IMHO that song was way over hyped

Now they are going to bring it back for this? It's ridiculous! Come up with something original for a change.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 6, 2018, 05:42 PM

4. scumbags and thugs

"Protect and serve" my ass,

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread