HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Here is where most of Tru...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 04:25 PM

Here is where most of Trumps education cuts come from

The largest portion of President Donald Trump’s cuts to the Education Department in his 2019 budget proposal is buried within 160 pages and mentioned in a single sentence among a slew of other programs.

Making up more than half of the $3.6 billion total cuts to the agency, the budget plan calls for eliminating the $2.1 billion Supporting Effective Instruction State Grant program in its entirety. The program, also known as Title II, Part A of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), is used by schools to pay for teacher professional development, reductions in class size, and the formation of new evaluation procedures.

Listed in a section entitled “Reduces Waste: Streamlines or Eliminates Ineffective or Redundant Program,” the administration barely gives any other explanation for the cuts.

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-education-cuts-budget-eaf6d820c057/

That political hack Betsy Devos needs to called out on this issue in public forum, this totally unacceptable, this is bullshit

November 2018 cannot get here fast enough

1 replies, 404 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Here is where most of Trumps education cuts come from (Original post)
turbinetree Feb 2018 OP
Ohiogal Feb 2018 #1

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 04:42 PM

1. You're right

I can just hear them ....

"Make those whiny teachers pay for their own professional development!"
"Thirty two kids in a class was good enough for me, it should be good enough for today's kids, too!"

They choke off funding for everything that they hate that actually benefits Americans, and they hate public schools. And if I hear another one of them call them "Government Schools," I will scream.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread