HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Community Help (Forum) » Finally Posting

Wed Dec 21, 2016, 09:21 AM

Finally Posting

Hi All,

My name is Ellen and I'm so glad to be here.
I had decided to educate myself of the politics ever since the day a mommy made a comment that she "doesn't trust Obama" and that "he doesn't have a birth certificate." I counter that with the fact that I don't know where my own birth certificate is. Since then I've been lurking around DU for news from fellow DUers in order to educate myself. Since then, I've become a political junkie. Up until this latest election I didn't feel a need to voice out but this new transition has made me angry, sad and feeling very alone. So thank you DU for your existence.

2 replies, 943 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Finally Posting (Original post)
dreamland Dec 21 OP
Phentex Dec 21 #1
horsepoor Dec 22 #2

Response to dreamland (Original post)

Wed Dec 21, 2016, 04:52 PM

1. Welcome to DU!

You aren't alone. It's a good thing you found this place.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dreamland (Original post)

Thu Dec 22, 2016, 09:30 AM

2. Jumping in

I'm with you!

I'm Corkey and lifelong member of the democratic party. I have been reading left leaning sites for several years and finally decided to stick a toe in the water and join in. It really saddens me to be losing President Obama. I am so very terrified of what is coming. Need some moral support and ideas on how to survive this nightmare. Thank you for allowing me to join.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread