HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Boehner: Obama doesn't ha...

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:55 PM

Boehner: Obama doesn't have the guts to cut spending

House Speaker John Boehner Tuesday repeatedly challenged the president's willingness to go against his own party on issues that include reforms to social programs and spending.

"I think he'd like to deal with it , but to do the kind of heavy lifting that needs to be done, I don't think he's got the guts to do it,” the Ohio Republican said in a meeting with a small group of reporters for nearly an hour Tuesday morning. “He understands there is a spending problem. He understands that we need changes and reforms, and we need to solve these problems."

When pressed about the severity of that statement, he modified, saying the president does not have the "courage."

"I am not suggesting that this is easy,” Boehner said, “but what I am suggesting is that he is the President of the United States. This is the biggest threat to our society."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/12/16937861-boehner-accuses-obama-of-not-having-the-guts-to-cut-spending?lite

5 replies, 841 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Boehner: Obama doesn't have the guts to cut spending (Original post)
Redfairen Feb 2013 OP
Angry Dragon Feb 2013 #1
AtomicKitten Feb 2013 #2
LiberalFighter Feb 2013 #3
Arkana Feb 2013 #4
Proud Liberal Dem Feb 2013 #5

Response to Redfairen (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 PM

1. "This is the biggest threat to our society."

That would be the republican party

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:08 PM

2. Boehner is a liar.

link: http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/11/30/15573691-the-spending-obama-already-cut?lite

...As part of the 2011 Budget Control Act, Obama agreed to spending reductions of about $1.5 trillion over the next ten years. If you count the interest, the savings is actually $1.7 trillion. Boehner should have no problem remembering the details of that deal: As Greg Sargent points out, Boehner at the time actually gloated about the fact that the deal was "all spending cuts."

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:57 PM

3. Boehner doesn't have the guts to

stand up to the NRA, Teabaggers, Cantor, Michelle Bachman, Karl Rove, Norquist.

He doesn't have the guts to stand up to the bar without drinking his guts out and not cry.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 02:27 PM

4. "Obama doesn't have the guts to fuck over the poor and elderly."

That's how I read that.

Reply to this post

Response to Arkana (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 03:00 PM

5. Yup

sounds about right to me. Of course, people like Boehner have made a living screwing over lots of people, so I guess it's pretty normal to him and/or he thinks that it's a mark of *manhood* or something like that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread