HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Jewish Group (Group) » Space Shuttle Columbia: M...

Fri Jan 25, 2013, 12:09 PM

Space Shuttle Columbia: Mission of Hope

Last edited Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:42 PM - Edit history (1)

Space Shuttle Columbia: Mission of Hope

Edit: Thursday, Jan. 31, 9 p.m. on PBS - check local listing. My local will air Monday, Feb. 4th.

"Space Shuttle Columbia: Mission of Hope" is presented in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the shuttle disaster of Feb. 1, 2003, that took the lives of the seven-member crew of astronauts. The documentary focuses on Col. Ilan Ramon, Israeli fighter pilot and the first Israeli to embark on a space mission. He viewed his own mission as an obligation to history—he would carry into space a miniature Torah scroll given to a young boy in a secret bar mitzvah held in the Nazi concentration camp of Bergen-Belsen. The young boy had survived, to become Israel's lead scientist for the space mission. Col. Ramon's private mission would in the end be at least partially fulfilled by his friend, astronaut Steve MacLean, a moving testament to faith and fellowship.

2 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Space Shuttle Columbia: Mission of Hope (Original post)
question everything Jan 2013 OP
question everything Jan 2013 #1
ellisonz Feb 2013 #2

Response to question everything (Original post)

Mon Jan 28, 2013, 04:32 PM

1. PBS is playing games?

I noticed that in my area the program will air at a later date. But it will not be aired on its main channel, but on a secondary one. A friend from South California said that there it will aired on Jan. 31st, but another one, from Miami area, cannot find it there at all.

What kind of games are the stations playing?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to question everything (Original post)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 02:38 AM

2. Hopefully this will be available online at some point.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread