HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Nadal loses to Zeballos i...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 03:01 PM

Nadal loses to Zeballos in Chile final

VINA DEL MAR, Chile (AP) -- Rafael Nadal said all along it might take a while to return to form after seven months off due to an inflamed left knee. In the meantime, the Spaniard is happy to be back on the court.

Nadal lost the singles and doubles finals at the VTR Open on Sunday, but sounded upbeat despite the disappointing finish to his comeback tournament.

''Everything was very positive,'' he said. ''It's true I wanted to win the final, and it's true I didn't play my best match this afternoon. There are a lot of things that show I'm not perfect yet.

''I hope this is the beginning of a lot of tournaments and a lot of good results for me.''

Nadal was beaten by Argentina's Horacio Zeballos in three sets in the singles final. Then Nadal and partner Juan Monaco lost 6-2, 6-4 in the doubles final against the Italian pair of Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nadal-loses-zeballos-chile-final-001858100--ten.html;_ylt=AuyrvgQ.2OV9JhHEOscnEOI4v7YF;_ylu=X3oDMTRwcTJnZXE1BG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IFRFTk5JUyBIZWFkbGluZXMEcGtnA2JjNTI4NTk1LWQ1MjctM2E2Zi05YTZmLTFlNjI5NzkyNDEyNARwb3MDMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyA2E5ODliMWIwLTc0MDgtMTFlMi05N2RjLWE1MTNlMTczNGFkZQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFra2dhYTdpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN0ZW5uaXMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Actually, I think Nadal is trying to suck for a while so he doesn't give his latest blood doping away...and when he plays better later in the season and closer to the French.

6 replies, 524 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nadal loses to Zeballos in Chile final (Original post)
joeybee12 Feb 2013 OP
TBF Feb 2013 #1
joeybee12 Feb 2013 #2
marmar Feb 2013 #3
joeybee12 Feb 2013 #4
bigwillq Feb 2013 #5
TBF Feb 2013 #6

Response to joeybee12 (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:28 PM

1. Nadal has been making comments in the press about that -

“What is happening in Spain, I don’t understand it,” he told the magazine.

“I don’t understand why Dr Fuentes is not giving names. And I don’t understand why the judge has not asked him to do so.

“I don’t understand why we never get to the bottom of these things. We need to clean everything up. I believe this doctor has worked with foreign athletes but because he is Spanish it is Spanish sport that is being prejudiced.

“As an athlete that hurts me. Because of people like (US cyclist Lance) Armstrong, we all have a dubious image.”

Personally, I think all that this tells us is that Eufemiano Fuentes is not the one working with Nadal.

http://tennis.si.com/2013/02/07/rafael-nadal-operation-puerto-doping-case/#

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TBF (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:31 PM

2. Yup...I also think Fuentes is solely working with Spanish athletes...

And releasing the list would be a huge embarrassment for the country...so there was a lot of pressure on the judge not to release the names.

Reply to this post

Response to joeybee12 (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:13 AM

3. I'm glad he's back....His presence is missed.

I know joeybee will not share this sentiment.

Reply to this post

Response to marmar (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:33 AM

4. NO, I won't!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:59 AM

5. I am so happy he is back.

I missed RAFA!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:12 PM

6. Only because he makes it a top 4 -

so they each have to play someone decent to get to the finals. Other than that, not so much ...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread