HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Humor (Group) » Redneck medical terms
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jun 15, 2012, 11:50 AM

Redneck medical terms

3 replies, 4112 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Redneck medical terms (Original post)
dipsydoodle Jun 2012 OP
Relicanth27 Oct 2012 #1
SEMOVoter Oct 2012 #2
mo yellowdog Oct 2012 #3

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Fri Oct 5, 2012, 02:15 PM

1. nice

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 10:57 PM

2. As an expert, I think these are Hillbilly terms, not redneck terms

I am rather new here but I feel very strongly that these are Hillbilly terms, not redneck terms. To many that might seem like half a dozen of one and seven of another, but it is a distinction that is worthy of note.

The linguistic and comedic proclivities of the Hillbilly and Redneck are worlds apart. Hillbillies are certainly more intelligent and thus possess both heightened survival and humor instincts. As an example, a redneck will say "Hey, y'all watch this" before wounding himself, on accident. A Hillbilly will say "Hey, y'all watch that redneck."

It is also part and parcel of Hillbilly culture to allow others the benefit of smartness. It isn't that Hillbillies aren't learned and educated, only that allowing others to be smart is like being the second mouse. It is a well known fact the second mouse always gets the cheese, especially when the first mouse is a redneck.

Now, I have nothing but love in my heart for the redneck. Without their noble deeds there would be laws on books against using riding lawnmowers as vehicles, bless their hearts.

The redneck would never compose definitions to feign ignorance. Hillbillies love japing some flatlander. The only indication that this list might be redneck is the definitions are short. Hillbillies can make up long-winded fibulas fester than one might node what to do with them.

Also, my husband and I are both hillbillies and enjoyed this list very much. Rednecks would see this list as derogatory, because they're rednecks.

At any rate, we enjoyed your post.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:24 PM

3. Nice un cuz

lordy lordy I shore am glad we'uns clodhoppers none of that fancy stuff

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread