HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Mental Health Support (Group) » Hollywood images of bipol...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:50 PM

Hollywood images of bipolar?

Two interesting tidbits:

Catherine Zeta Jones on the cover of InStyle and talking about her bout with bipolar:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/catherine-zeta-jones-bipolar-disorder-mental-health_n_2124194.html

The film 'Silver Linings Playbook' - I definitely want to see it:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Lj5_FhLaaQQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLj5_FhLaaQQ

4 replies, 845 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hollywood images of bipolar? (Original post)
Denninmi Nov 2012 OP
HereSince1628 Nov 2012 #1
Denninmi Dec 2012 #2
HereSince1628 Dec 2012 #3
Denninmi Dec 2012 #4

Response to Denninmi (Original post)

Response to Denninmi (Original post)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:59 AM

2. Ah, sorry about that.

I did go see the film last night. It had some moments that seemed to be realistic based on my limited experiences, but overall it was pretty formulaic with the obligatory happy ending. Based on what I saw at the day program, I don't know how realistic that scenario is for some patients.

I could relate to a few things. One was the protagonist's goal of getting back into shape because he didn't want to be weak and vulnerable in the eyes of his estranged wife. So he was running all of the time. I just progressed from walking to running on the treadmill. I'm pleased with the fact my anaerobic threshold is rising.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Denninmi (Reply #2)

Response to HereSince1628 (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 03:22 PM

4. Not a problem.

It was kind if fluff in a way. Anyway, you know, or I hope you know, that I really respect your opinions and your insight into all of this has been invaluable to me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread