HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » Skydrive
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:16 PM

Skydrive

So I got this Skydrive thingie because it has more capacity than Dropbox. And it even seemed to work once. But now when I want to share a file between two computers, I work in Skydrive, then have to copy/paste my work into the Dropbox and then move to the other computer and copy/paste the file from the Dropbox into that computer's Skydrive.

Since getting "help" on the "Skydrive" subject doesn't work, any ideas on what's wrong here?

On edit: I think I figured it out. Skydrive only works with W8 now. So I can uninstall it.

4 replies, 592 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Skydrive (Original post)
Turbineguy Jan 2013 OP
Warren Stupidity Jan 2013 #1
Turbineguy Jan 2013 #3
Mnpaul Jan 2013 #2
Turbineguy Jan 2013 #4

Response to Turbineguy (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:47 PM

1. Skydrive works on win7 too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Warren Stupidity (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:46 PM

3. I spent a couple of hours

looking through on-line help files. I was unable to understand much of the jargon. I then uninstalled Skydrive. I then upgraded Dropbox to the 100 gig size. 5 minutes later I'm pouring files into it. It's simple and it works.

This is the new Microsoft. The products are expensive and in reality, you are on your own when it comes time to solve a problem. So I use the software as long as it works. It's not worth my time to fix it. Skydrive does not cost extra, but takes too much time to sort out. And that's a cost too.

Reply to this post

Response to Turbineguy (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:39 PM

2. Maxthon browser has cloud storage

You can store files,pics and whatever. It also allows you to store favorites and form fills online(careful here). I have used it for years with no problems. I like it because I can install in on a new computer, log in and have all my favorites installed in no time flat.

Reply to this post

Response to Mnpaul (Reply #2)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:46 PM

4. Thanks!

I will check this out.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread