HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » Anyone planning to raise ...

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 12:44 PM

Anyone planning to raise Cain on Saturday?

Alas, South Carolina native son and Greatest Living American Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, DFA was unable to get on his own state's ballot because of a minor technicality involving filing deadlines. This even though the Dear Leader is polling ahead of both Jon Huntsman and Gary Johnson!

Fortunately, there is a silver lining. The same arcane ballot laws that kept Colbert off the ballot have kept Herman Cain on it! And since Colbert and Cain have so much in common, including a love of pizza and... well, anyway, a vote for Cain is a vote for Colbert!

And the beauty part of it is, it's an open primary! That means anyone -- even you -- can vote in it! I have no idea how Lee Atwater let that happen...

5 replies, 1056 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anyone planning to raise Cain on Saturday? (Original post)
KamaAina Jan 2012 OP
Shagman Jan 2012 #1
FSogol Jan 2012 #2
Shagman Jan 2012 #3
ge626dfil Jan 2012 #4
Shagman Jan 2012 #5

Response to KamaAina (Original post)

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 12:58 PM

1. Thinking hard about it. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to KamaAina (Original post)

Thu Jan 19, 2012, 01:09 PM

2. Why? Why waste the time? n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to FSogol (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 21, 2012, 08:00 PM

3. voted!

A vote for Cain (Colbert) was a vote against the front-runners. Dick Harpootlian, former state Democratic chair, said, "South Carolinians have chosen the evil of two lessers."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to FSogol (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 21, 2012, 10:19 PM

4. agreed

 

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to KamaAina (Original post)

Mon Jan 23, 2012, 01:00 PM

5. Funny, I haven't seen any Cain numbers

Nobody seems to be reporting vote totals for anybody except Gingrich, Romney, Santorum, and Paul. If you add up their percentages, though, you get 98%. Wonder where the other 2% went?

It's not as if it matters. Those ES&S machines can be manipulated to show whatever results you want.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread