HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » Entitlements and the debt...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:16 AM

Entitlements and the debt ceiling

The Republican have set their sights on social security and medicare. When the debt ceiling is up for a vote the entitlements will be the price the right wants to keep the country from defaulting. I am not sure but I believe it was a greek philosopher that said for every decision there is a consequence and before they bargain with social security and medicare I hope the left makes them spell out the true consequence. I hate to see one of the best programs this country has traded for the benefit of wall street, big corporations and the super rich.

1 replies, 600 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Entitlements and the debt ceiling (Original post)
old man 76 Jan 2013 OP
luckyleftyme2 Jan 2013 #1

Response to old man 76 (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 12:40 AM

1. anything but corporate welfare

the right is protecting big business which is now heavily invested in by foriegn money.
the export of natural resources at a rapid pace will up-tick and by the time the majority is aware the country is in bankruptcy! this is the end game with the worlds wealth being controlled by less than 1% of the populace!
this has happened to so many european countries since the end of ww11! And I think we are facing this possibility now! we need to alert the people that this could be going on here now!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread