HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Possible partial gun cont...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 04:21 PM

Possible partial gun control solution, although a futuristic one.

Schools have the ability now to block student access to websites they deem have no educational value. In the future, why not mandate that guns be manufactured with firing pins activated electronically, by way of a wireless signal.

This should allow schools and any other businesses, as well as homeowners who choose not to own guns, to send out a blanket signal that would block a gun's ability to activate the firing mechanism, thereby rendering guns inactive within that domain.

2 replies, 573 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Possible partial gun control solution, although a futuristic one. (Original post)
Purrfessor Jan 2013 OP
customerserviceguy Jan 2013 #1
JVS Jan 2013 #2

Response to Purrfessor (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:09 PM

1. Any radio signal can be blocked

Frankly, the metal in a weapon is more than enough to do just that. Even in nonmetal weapons, I would imagine that a simple wrap of aluminum foil would do.

I cannot possibly see such a thing working, but I would like to see something of that nature that blocks jerkwads from texting during a movie I'm trying to watch in a theater.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Purrfessor (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:15 PM

2. So if I were one of these homeowners I could carry my transmitter around and mug people/rob stores..

with the secure knowledge that I won't get shot?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread