HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Monday Ratings: MSNBC’s M...

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:05 AM

Monday Ratings: MSNBC’s Maddow Beats Fox’s Hannity In Demo

Rachel maintains her lead from the election season over Sean in the demo, closing in on him in total viewers, too:
Monday evening, during the 9 p.m. hour, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow beat Fox’s Sean Hannity in the key 25-54 demo.

Maddow’s 394k demo viewers was enough to beat out Hannity’s 336k demo. However, Hannity beat his MSNBC competitor in total viewership, his 1.78M viewers edging out Maddow’s 1.261M.

Elsewhere, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell beat his Fox competitor Greta Van Susteren in demo viewership by a margin of more than 100k viewers. However, in total viewership, Greta’s 1.33M viewers beat out O’Donnell’s 1.13M.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/monday-ratings-msnbcs-maddow-beats-foxs-hannity-in-demo/
The under 50 crowd is tuning out FOX. The GOP has lost the younger generations, and is stuck relying on aging boomers and seniors to eke out a narrow total viewers lead.

As time goes on, look for FOX to only slip further and eventually lose in total as well.

4 replies, 847 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Monday Ratings: MSNBC’s Maddow Beats Fox’s Hannity In Demo (Original post)
Adenoid_Hynkel Dec 2012 OP
tanyev Dec 2012 #1
titaniumsalute Dec 2012 #2
Berlum Dec 2012 #3
Walk away Dec 2012 #4

Response to Adenoid_Hynkel (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:19 AM

1. "The under 50 crowd is tuning out FOX."

I think Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert need to take quite a bit of credit for that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:38 AM

2. Exactly correct

As someone who worked in radio and TV ratings...I can tell you that winning the Adults 25-54 demo is MOST important to advertisers and ad agencies. That is the demo they primarily buy. They rarely look at total audience. Fox Snooze is becoming a much older, downscale news source.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 09:03 AM

3. "Whine" - Chickenhawk Hannity (R - Propaganda Pimp)

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 09:58 AM

4. They thought they had a big issue in Benghazi but no one is buying but the Wing Nut Brigade.

I honestly believe they saw Benghazi as a ratings bonanza that would run for years as they picked off every black person in the administration including the President.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread