Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (7,575 posts)
8 bosses who screwed their employees after Obama’s reelection
Last edited Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:08 PM - Edit history (1)
These are companies who do not deserve your patronage.
Most of us have had a terrible boss or two in our day, but right now thousands of Americans find themselves with a very special kind of bad boss: one who uses Obama’s election as an excuse to threaten to cut their hours, roll back their benefits, slash their wages or fire them outright. Much of this worker abuse centers on the new law that businesses with 50 or more employees must offer workers healthcare options by 2014. Jon Stewart noticed this recent post-election “trend” and issued a strong judgment:
Guys, I get it. Providing healthcare benefits to employees costs money, and as a group you tend to prefer things that do not cost that …. But own your layoffs and your policies. Let’s stop pretending that suddenly, with this election, bosses have been transformed into reluctant assholes. Obamacare is just the latest excuse to wriggle out of the social contract for many years.
Below is a list of some of the employers who are threatening their workers’ job security in the name of Obamacare — and other bogus Obama-related rationales. (There are a few restaurants you might want to avoid if you care about the health and well-being of low- and middle-class workers.)
1. Denny’s/Dairy Queen franchise threatens “Obamacare surcharge,” reduced employees hours.
2. Red Lobster and Olive Garden parent company may rely on more part-time workers.
3. Papa John’s CEO plans to slash workers’ hours so he doesn’t have to cover them.
4. Applebee’s New York CEO says he’ll ax jobs because of Obamacare.
5. Small business owner in Georgia says he fired workers who voted for Obama.
6. Las Vegas businessman says he laid off 22 employees after election night.
7. Builder of “Queen of Versailles” mansion told employees that Obama re-election “threatens their jobs.”
8. Coal company lays off 160 workers because of Obama’s “war on coal.”
1 replies, 537 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
8 bosses who screwed their employees after Obama’s reelection (Original post)
Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)
Tue Nov 20, 2012, 02:26 PM
iemitsu (2,202 posts)
1. If these assholes would promote a single payer, universal health, model
they could get out of having to compete in the "for profit market" to insure their workers.
Instead of looking like the assholes they are they would look like progressives working to better the whole community.
Their business would increase not decrease.
Unfettered Capitalism has a way of making people, who could be decent, contributing members of communities, into ugly, stingy, creeps, who don't even make good neighbors.