HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'm thrilled about the nu...

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:41 AM

I'm thrilled about the number of women we elected to the Senate

Here's to Heidi Heitkamp and Maizie Hirono and Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin, all first time Senators, all in tough races. And here's to all those who got re-elected- like Clair McCaskill and Amy Klobuchar and Kirsten Gillibrand.

They rock and I salute them.

8 replies, 707 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm thrilled about the number of women we elected to the Senate (Original post)
cali Nov 2012 OP
Berlum Nov 2012 #1
Honeycombe8 Nov 2012 #2
justiceischeap Nov 2012 #3
cali Nov 2012 #4
Le Taz Hot Nov 2012 #5
BlueStreak Nov 2012 #6
cali Nov 2012 #7
BlueStreak Nov 2012 #8

Response to cali (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:47 AM

1. Republicans lose the idiotic, mean-spirited, twisted-soul WAR ON WOMEN they started.

And truth, justice, liberty, respect -- all the core American values that have made this nation great -- triumph once again over the degenerate, fear-driven, control-freak, puny-soul, hypocritical Republican so-called "values."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:48 AM

2. Me, too! I predict there won't be any "I had an affair" scandals...

no playing footsies in public restrooms scandals, no taking photos of private parts and putting them on the internet scandals, and no money corruption scandals with these women. Not that women have halos over their heads. But they historically haven't had these issues, which are distractions from the work that needs to be done, and in some cases, forces them to leave their jobs.

And it's less likely to have an all-male panel in front of Congress giving testimony on WOMEN'S BIRTH CONTRACEPTION ISSUES. That was a truly horrible image, when I saw that on TV. In this day and age. What next? All all-white panel to testify about African American issues?

I'm so proud of us women! We ran for office! And we showed up at the polls and voted in huge numbers!!!!

Reply to this post

Response to Honeycombe8 (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:49 AM

3. We need to find and run more women.

The numbers for women in national government is abysmal. I'm more than thrilled we picked up these seats but we gotta do more.

Reply to this post

Response to justiceischeap (Reply #3)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:57 AM

4. Absolutely! But we're making progress!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 07:58 AM

5. I am too, Cali.

I remember when it was major news when we had a total of 6 female Senators. We're movin' on up.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:28 AM

6. It will take about 50 more women to stop the military machine

Scared old white men just can't stop spending money for phallic cruise missiles.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueStreak (Reply #6)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:31 AM

7. I don't think it's just a gender thing.

That's a little too simplistic for me. Yes, I want more qualified women in the Senate but I'm not about to dis people like my Senators Pat Leahy and Bernie or for that matter Sherrod Brown and others.

It's not just about whether one candidate has a penis or a vagina.

Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #7)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 04:17 PM

8. It is not a universal thing, but women are generally less driven to show how big their penises are

There are countries that have laws requiring at least (say) 40% of each corporate board to be women. In fact there is a proposed law that would require this all across the EC.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread