For DU cooks in hot regions, I'd like to highly recommend a thermal cooker.
Thermal cookers are a cross between a giant thermos and a slow cooker. I use a Tayama Pot but there are other brands. https://www.tayama-usa.com/product-page/7-qt-energy-saving-thermal-cooker
The thermal pot allows you to do slow cooking with no extra heat in the kitchen, and no electricity.
I originally bought mine when I was camping a lot. It can be used to cook stews, soups, spaghetti sauce, braised meats, rice, etc. For camping, after preparing food, you can boil water during dinner prep to have hot water the next morning.
Last nite, I used the pot to make BBQ ribs.
- Season meat with your favorite rub.
- Place in the top pan of the cooker.
- Fill the bottom of the cooker half full of water and bring to a boil
- Place the top pan on top of the bottom pot with the hot water and close.
- Ignore for about 4 hours.
- Remove from the pot and finish under a broiler with BBQ sauce.
I only used my stove for about 15 minutes, which minimizes both the heat and cooking odors.
Here is a site with some good thermal cooker recipes. I recommend the Korean BulGogi recipe.