You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #7: Here's my suggestion: [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
Home » Discuss » Places » Michigan Donate to DU
Lefty48197 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Feb-26-10 01:25 PM
Response to Original message
7. Here's my suggestion:
Edited on Fri Feb-26-10 01:26 PM by Lefty48197
I work in the construction industry and have performed rehabilitation projects on HUD homes. There are non-profit housing agencies that accept private donations in addition to the HUD contributions that they use to purchase, rehabilitate, and then sell homes at below market rates to people that couldn't otherwise afford homes.
Most counties have an "Office of Community Development" that administers the projects for HUD. The county OCD's could put you in touch with private non-profits that perform the same activities.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Home » Discuss » Places » Michigan Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC