You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #1: Talk to an Attorney [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » The DU Lounge Donate to DU
Coyote_Bandit Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Tue Jun-14-05 03:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. Talk to an Attorney
Edited on Tue Jun-14-05 03:50 PM by Coyote_Bandit
Laws vary from place to place.

To transfer title basically what you will need is a warranty deed and an exchange of some monetary consideration. However, since the exchange isn't for fair value there may be tax ramifications and you will need to find out about those. And in some situations (i.e., bankruptcy, or a gift made in contemplation of death) an exchange for less than fair value can be set aside.

I would recommend an attorney/CPA for the best advice.

Edit for spelling.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top

Home » Discuss » The DU Lounge Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC