HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Maybe we need to start ID... » Reply #10

Response to meow2u3 (Reply #8)

Thu Mar 15, 2012, 04:27 PM

10. News reports say Pa. will pay for non-driver photo IDs

The newspaper reports say that Pa. will start to pay for the photo IDs for people who do not have a driver's license. Therefore, that fee will disappear. There are a couple other forms of photo ID that will also count, such as an in-state current college photo ID.

There is at least one or two drivers license photo ID centers for each county. That is also where you get the non-driver ID. They are run by contractors.

The big cost and hassle will apparently be to get a birth certificate.

To answer a question above, when a person gets a driver's license today in Pa., they need to show an original birth certificate. That was required to make it harder for illegal residents to get PA. drivers licenses.

Some of the federal IDs (such as VA) apparently don't have an address, which may not be sufficient. A WWII combat vet was turned away from voting in Indiana because his VA ID didn't have his current address.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Please login to view edit histories.