HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Pic Of The Moment: Tone-D... » Reply #39

Response to DallasNE (Reply #34)

Sat Jun 6, 2020, 03:00 AM

39. March and April also had the same problem. March was "almost 1 percentage point"

Last edited Sat Jun 6, 2020, 04:43 AM - Edit history (1)

April was "almost 5 percentage points", and May was "about 3 percentage points" off (i.e. the unemployment rates in the respective months would be higher by these amounts were it not for these mis-classification errors). There is no reason to assume that there won't be this error next month, given that they've noted this error for the past 3 months in a row.

I don't know if it was a "buried footnote", given that it's in a big box in the summary. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
And in the full report: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

That said, I am disappointed that at least a brief mention wasn't made at the beginning of the summary. Instead of waiting until the end of the summary to tell us there's trouble in paradise. And yes, they waited until the last paragraph of the long long footnote before telling us what we need to know

As for the ADP, they found 2.76 M private sector job loss, whereas the BLS found a 2.425 M private sector job gain. Realize ADP only processes about 20% of the nation's payrolls, as for how they estimate the other 80%, I have no idea.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 47 replies Author Time Post
EarlG Jun 2020 OP
mnhtnbb Jun 2020 #1
flibbitygiblets Jun 2020 #4
Initech Jun 2020 #2
wryter2000 Jun 2020 #3
FailureToCommunicate Jun 2020 #5
underpants Jun 2020 #6
MrModerate Jun 2020 #7
stillcool Jun 2020 #8
Delmette2.0 Jun 2020 #9
Harker Jun 2020 #20
Delmette2.0 Jun 2020 #23
Harker Jun 2020 #33
bucolic_frolic Jun 2020 #10
EarlG Jun 2020 #11
Grokenstein Jun 2020 #18
Dukkha Jun 2020 #12
love_katz Jun 2020 #41
TheCowsCameHome Jun 2020 #13
niyad Jun 2020 #21
BootinUp Jun 2020 #14
KatyaR Jun 2020 #15
renate Jun 2020 #16
Grokenstein Jun 2020 #17
gab13by13 Jun 2020 #19
DesertRat Jun 2020 #22
DallasNE Jun 2020 #36
SpankMe Jun 2020 #24
apkhgp Jun 2020 #25
Martin Eden Jun 2020 #26
blakstoneranger Jun 2020 #27
bucolic_frolic Jun 2020 #35
progree Jun 2020 #28
DallasNE Jun 2020 #34
LineLineLineNew Reply March and April also had the same problem. March was "almost 1 percentage point"
progree Jun 2020 #39
DallasNE Jun 2020 #29
progree Jun 2020 #40
DallasNE Jun 2020 #44
progree Jun 2020 #45
MuchBetterThanThis Jun 2020 #30
47of74 Jun 2020 #31
louis-t Jun 2020 #32
Aussie105 Jun 2020 #38
bucolic_frolic Jun 2020 #42
Aussie105 Jun 2020 #37
oldsoftie Jun 2020 #43
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jun 2020 #46
yuiyoshida Jun 2020 #47
Please login to view edit histories.