HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Obamacare's Unlikely Winn... » Reply #9
In the discussion thread: Obamacare's Unlikely Winners [View all]

Response to Liberty Belle (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:50 AM

9. Mark me as another person wondering why she's not on her husband's healthcare plan.

In any case, you must be making a lot of money combined to not qualify for any subsidies.

Here's what I get just after a quick 5 minutes on the CoveredCA website with the shop and compare tool:

Number of people in household: 2

Household income: $60000

Age of Adult 1: 55 years old

Age of Adult 2: 58 years old (Just guessing)

Zip Code: 92123 (just a generic one for San Diego County)


Silver 70 plans (they cover 70%, you pay the other 30%, $2000 individual deductible, $4000 family deductible, $250 drug deductible) are around $480 (after premium assistance) that covers both of you. That's like $240 per month for each of you.


Gold 80 plans (cover 80%, you pay the other 20%, no deductible) are about $650 (after premium assistance). That's $325 per month for each of you.


I've discovered that any household income above $62000 doesn't qualify for premium assistance.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 34 replies Author Time Post
TomCADem Dec 2013 OP
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #1
waronxmas Dec 2013 #2
kelliekat44 Dec 2013 #3
Amonester Dec 2013 #4
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #32
SoapBox Dec 2013 #5
kag Dec 2013 #10
Hassin Bin Sober Dec 2013 #21
LiberalFighter Dec 2013 #22
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #23
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #28
Amonester Dec 2013 #6
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #24
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #31
waronxmas Dec 2013 #7
SheilaT Dec 2013 #8
LineLineReply Mark me as another person wondering why she's not on her husband's healthcare plan.
4lbs Dec 2013 #9
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #30
Ikonoklast Dec 2013 #12
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #25
MoonchildCA Dec 2013 #13
lolly Dec 2013 #15
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #29
Amonester Dec 2013 #33
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #26
Letsduthisnow Dec 2013 #19
Lenomsky Dec 2013 #20
Liberty Belle Dec 2013 #27
MrModerate Dec 2013 #11
FSogol Dec 2013 #14
neffernin Dec 2013 #16
WinstonSmith4740 Dec 2013 #17
Drunken Irishman Dec 2013 #34
maxsolomon Dec 2013 #18
Please login to view edit histories.