HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Veteran fires back after ... » Reply #25

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Tue Jun 14, 2016, 03:55 PM

25. On the other hand...

I retired after 21 years, 4 deployments, shoulder injury, respiratory issues (all chronic) but try to live a healthy lifestyle, run 3x a week, etc...

My wife and I parked in one of the Veterans Only spots at the local Harris Teeter...didn't think anything about it. But when I came out there was a gentlemen easily 70-80 in the Veteran's spot next to mine on a scooter struggling to lift onto the back of his vehicle. I assisted him, left and then vowed to never again use one of those Veteran's Only parking spots again out of respect for those veterans who really need them. Quite frankly I felt like I was in the Seinfeld episode about the handicapped parking space.

I also think this goes in the same category of all of the slightly overweight individuals who shamelessly use the Handicapped parking spaces. Human nature dictates that 20% of these individuals are in chronic pain but the other 80% are frauds. You couldn't have got away with this in the 1970-80s when all of the Vietnam Vets were in their angry prime.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 25 replies Author Time Post
Miles Archer Jun 2016 OP
mwrguy Jun 2016 #1
Blue_Adept Jun 2016 #3
progressoid Jun 2016 #5
REP Jun 2016 #10
KansDem Jun 2016 #12
TheBlackAdder Jun 2016 #19
cwydro Jun 2016 #22
2naSalit Jun 2016 #2
sheshe2 Jun 2016 #4
cynatnite Jun 2016 #6
sarge43 Jun 2016 #7
pinboy3niner Jun 2016 #8
Ilsa Jun 2016 #9
sarge43 Jun 2016 #17
Duval Jun 2016 #21
spooky3 Jun 2016 #18
mountain grammy Jun 2016 #11
sarge43 Jun 2016 #15
keithbvadu2 Jun 2016 #13
sarge43 Jun 2016 #16
Plucketeer Jun 2016 #23
spanone Jun 2016 #14
Duval Jun 2016 #20
Glassunion Jun 2016 #24
LineNew Reply On the other hand...
mark67 Jun 2016 #25
Please login to view edit histories.