Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

DetroitLegalBeagle

(1,898 posts)
9. I've read 95% is contaminated
Wed Dec 6, 2023, 04:57 PM
Dec 6

The article was citing the UN. Read it back when Israel initially cut off the water from their side. Before the war, Israel supplied around 10% of the clean water. The other 90% came from desalination. They are so close to the coast that the aquifer there is brackish and needs to be desalinated first. This was all in the article.

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»Flooding Hamas tunnels co...»Reply #9