Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member


crimycarny's Journal
crimycarny's Journal
December 29, 2021

Outhouse racing?

I follow this guy on twitter because he always makes me laugh.


I like this guy too:


December 24, 2021

Anyone else seeing this trend in those not wearing masks? White middle-aged men?

Newsom mandated a state-wide mask mandate but I live in a Trumper county. My husband and I went to Whole Foods today and, as you'd expect in Whole Foods, most people were complying with wearing masks (Whole Foods had a big sign stating masks were required). However there were a few not complying, maybe 20%? In looking around every single person not wearing a mask was white, male, and middle-aged (middle-aged being 40's to 50's). I mean, every single one.

Now, go to a Walmart in my area and you're going to see maybe 50% compliance, about 70% white males and the other 30% white females. But largely white middle-aged men.

Curious if others are observing the same trend?

December 22, 2021

Good news for Omicron? UK may release new report confirming milder illness

Long thread but worth reading. UK is seeing milder cases too--not as in "no big deal" mild, but milder than Delta.

I know, I know...that doesn't mean we're out of the woods and I'm not downplaying it--just thought this was potentially good news especially for those of us vax'd and boosted. I still mask as I always have, and will continue to do so.


Profile Information

Member since: Fri Oct 19, 2018, 07:49 PM
Number of posts: 1,346

Journal Entries

Latest Discussions»crimycarny's Journal