HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » tiredtoo » Journal
Page: 1


Profile Information

Name: Larry
Gender: Male
Hometown: Saginaw, Michigan
Home country: usa
Current location: home
Member since: Mon Nov 2, 2009, 11:29 AM
Number of posts: 2,603

Journal Archives

Brief update

Medication I take is inhaled using a nebulizer. Last week nebulizer was not working correctly. It was running but not creating fumes for inhalation. Meds just foamed in cup. Took it to provider where they tested it and told me cup was dirty, clean with vinegar and water. Gave me two new cups and sent me home. Went home and using new cup fired up nebulizer, continued to foam in cup. Tried it again in morning with similar results. Hadn't had meds in a couple days and i was puffing hard. my daughter took nebulizer with cup full of foamy meds to provider. They then fired it up and it worked fine for a few minutes then stopped. They gave her new nebulizer and i can now breath. It was a tough day or two but feel better now.
Grandson has been good. He is starting to open up a bit to me now. Told me he gets angry every day and he does. Trying to get him more accepting of his condition. He blames everyone else for any problem he encounters. Shirks responsibility. But he is starting to understand better. I can usually talk him down from his rages. Just posting this as a means of keeping records.

Day 2

Yesterday my first post regarding conditions at my place was shared here. This is a continuation of that post.
More background on health condition:
COPD was a diagnosis 8-10 years ago and I have been on various meds and oxygen since. This condition has been slowly deteriorating my physical abilities for years. A condition not unexpected by me. After surgery last fall I experienced what was a dramatic change in my health. Prior to surgery I was observing a slowly deteriorating lung capacity, after surgery my lungs seem to have a drastic reduction in functions. Shortness of breath much more intense and came about with minimal activity.
Now a short piece detailing some events yesterday.
Grandson asked what’s for supper. I suggested going to Mexican restaurant and he agreed. We went to local place where he ordered two chicken burritos and I ordered the taco dinner. (3 tacos, refried beans and rice).
Near the end of meal, I looked at his plate and noticed he had received beef burritos not chicken, I said nothing as he was consuming same with no comment. I then looked up and saw a small tv in the corner. The tv was tuned to Fox news.
The waiter came to table to check on us. I told him if I had seen that on the tv when entering my action would have been to get up and leave without ordering anything. He agreed and said he did not know how that came to be on.
Grandson then said. “What makes you think you can tell people what they can watch? Very Trumpian of you. I did not get what I ordered but quietly ate what I was served.” My reply was “yes I saw your order was not correct but said nothing as you were more than halfway through and appeared to be accepting of the mistake.”
I said nothing more to avoid getting him upset.
We paid for meal and left.
When we got in car I told him he is the customer and upon receiving wrong food he should have politely said “there must be a mistake here, I ordered chicken and this is beef”. The waiter would have apologized and brought you the correct order. He said something along the lines of “I don’t want to get shot.”
Nothing was said regarding the tv and him calling me Trumpian. He takes some time to mentally process things and I felt the mistaken food was enough to process for the time being.

One other thing, the tv was on the Golf channel soon after my complaint.

Not sure how long i have left.

Last spring i was diagnosed with Pulmonary fibrosis. Initial google search said 2 years, next search a few days ago said 3 to 5 years.
I am scheduled to get another X-ray in December and then an appointment at Pulmonologist where i assume he will give me a more accurate prognosis.
Posting this here because i may need some advice etc. NOT looking for sympathy! May have some questions and seeking answers.
Background information.
December 22 I will turn 78 years old. My wife of 56 years died March 4 2016, her 75th birthday. We had 5 children and all are doing well. 4 girls and 1 boy. Have 8 grandchildren and 5 great children.
Other than my son being a republican everything is super with my heirs.
I believe all financial items are in line. Small amount of assets are all joint with children and set up for equal distribution to the 5 children. I have written a personal letter to each, sharing my thoughts and memories with them, will most likely add to these letters as time goes on.
I do have a 20 year old grandson living with me who is on the autism spectrum. A little over a year ago the court determined he cannot live with his parents and brothers. The environment creates havoc with his life. Since moving in with me he has calmed down and now spends weekends with his family. Frequently when he returns it takes a day or so to get him calmed down. He is a good person but has been raised to believe he is a loser and can do nothing. Sad story for sure, but I will do whatever i can to help him have a decent life. If only i knew how to get him a more positive attitude I would feel like success has been achieved.
He is a concern for me, not sure if i should make any special arrangements for him or just let him be another grieving grandchild.(He has told me he does not grieve for anyone and does not expect to ever do so. Hard ass? but i just fed the dog and had to sit in a chair for a few minutes to catch my breath, he asked me if I was alright.
Thinking about posting occasional updates on my thoughts, feelings and condition .
Nuff for now. If this post is not appropriate or not in the appropriate forum, removal will not offend me.
Go to Page: 1