HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » WhaTHellsgoingonhere » Journal
Page: 1


Profile Information

Member since: Thu Dec 22, 2005, 10:00 AM
Number of posts: 5,252

Journal Archives

Experts, Lawyers, Labor activists or other, seeking advice regarding wage theft

I've talked about my situation at work here in the past. Specifically, my employer forces us to falsify our timesheets and only pays us 40 hours for M-F when we work evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays. My plan was to hang on as long as possible to get as much unpaid wages back at the end of the road. The end has arrived.

A member here, Major, posted a link to the US Department of Labor. There's an office near me and I can go down there next week. I also contacted a lawyer a while back who said he's never heard anything like this. Said it will likely settle the day he files. That's not really important, but it is an egregious case, that much can't be denied.

Friday is my last day. I'm going to be unemployed, likely for quite some time, meaning no income other than what I can get from a lawsuit. So my question is, what's my next move?

1. Say nothing to my employer on Friday, right? I'm thinking along the lines...ME: "I want to give you a chance to consider (a law suit) before you make your decision."
2. Go straight to the attorney? I just Googled attorneys. Is there a specific someone, organization, or union I should contact?
3. Go to DOL first?
4. Do both 2 & 3?

What you say? and thanks in advance

Posted by WhaTHellsgoingonhere | Wed Apr 15, 2015, 09:54 PM (53 replies)
Go to Page: 1