HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Arkansas Granny » Journal
Page: « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 Next »

Arkansas Granny

Profile Information

Gender: Female
Hometown: Arkansas
Home country: USA
Member since: Thu Jan 13, 2005, 04:13 PM
Number of posts: 29,882

Journal Archives

The great tumbleweed migration 2021.


Posted by Arkansas Granny | Sun Jun 13, 2021, 09:00 AM (10 replies)

I love Bette Midler.


Posted by Arkansas Granny | Sat Jun 12, 2021, 03:55 PM (3 replies)

Here's an interesting observation.


Middle Age Riot
Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn’t believe in evolution because it hasn’t reached the Republican Party.
6:14 PM · Jun 11, 2021
Posted by Arkansas Granny | Fri Jun 11, 2021, 07:22 PM (2 replies)

I just don't understand it. Went camping with family at a nearby lake for a few days.

Had a great time. We haven't been together in a year. The kids have grown so much. 12 and 14 year old grandsons are both taller than Granny. 11 year old granddaughter has grown, but is very petite.

On the way home we stopped at a travel center. Big sign on the door says:

ATTENTION. Face coverings are required inside the store.

Besides the cashiers, I saw one other person wearing a mask and it was pulled down under his chin so he could talk on the phone while he wandered around.

Arkansas has a 32% vaccination rate and people are acting like Covid has disappeared. This is why I believe we will be dealing with this disease from now on.

Posted by Arkansas Granny | Wed Jun 9, 2021, 04:47 PM (68 replies)

Here's what vaccination means to me. I'm camping at the lake with my daughter,

one of my sons and his family. All adults are fully vaccinated, the boys, 12 & 14, have had their first dose. Granddaughter, 11, is waiting for her age group to be eligible.

We live an hour apart, but haven't been together in over a year. Now we can do so safely.

There will be much cooking, playing of games and a lot of catching up to do over the next 3 days. We're already planning the next trip.
Posted by Arkansas Granny | Mon Jun 7, 2021, 11:21 AM (9 replies)

Father swan photographed caring for cygnets after Esplanade's 'Mother Swan' dies

Three days after the Charles River Esplanade’s mother swan died of undetermined causes, the father swan was spotted giving their cygnets a ride on its back across the Storrow Lagoon.

Matthew Raifman, a Boston University doctoral student in environmental health, began scanning the Esplanade for the swans around 2 p.m. Thursday and spotted them near the playground, he said in an interview.


But he “had no idea that the father was going to be … carrying some of the swans on his back,” he said.

In Raifman’s photographs, three gray cygnets huddle together on the back of the adult swan, which raises its wings on either side to form a cradle. A fourth fuzzy cygnet follows in the water just behind the adult swan’s tail.

Posted by Arkansas Granny | Sat Jun 5, 2021, 01:20 PM (0 replies)

Public Service Announcement.


Posted by Arkansas Granny | Fri Jun 4, 2021, 11:28 PM (0 replies)

I got this one from my youngest son:

"DeJoy wanted to issue a Donald Trump stamp but a market study showed that 65% of Americans would spit on the front side while the other 35% would lick the back side."
Posted by Arkansas Granny | Fri Jun 4, 2021, 01:24 PM (4 replies)

This sounds like a very good idea to me.


Posted by Arkansas Granny | Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:41 AM (12 replies)

America First by the former guy.


Posted by Arkansas Granny | Thu Jun 3, 2021, 09:20 AM (15 replies)
Go to Page: « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 Next »