Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Rhiannon12866

(211,783 posts)
Fri May 24, 2024, 03:45 AM May 24

Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse says Justice Alito is breaking the law - Daily Kos

May 23, 2024 - Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) reminds viewers that Justice Alito's failure to recuse is breaking a "law passed by Congress, specifically applicable to Supreme Court Justices. When they pay no attention to it, they are actually violating statutory law."
6 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies

Walleye

(32,146 posts)
1. At this point I think the Supreme Court Justice would rather break the law than get death threats from the maga monkeys
Fri May 24, 2024, 05:05 AM
May 24

Nothing will happen to Alito for breaking the law, but if he goes against maga he could get hit in the head with a hammer. Republicans are really showing yellow streaks down their backs

Rhiannon12866

(211,783 posts)
2. And he's enjoying all the perks bestowed on him from those whose opinions he shares
Fri May 24, 2024, 05:13 AM
May 24

Just like his partner in crime.

BlueKota

(2,460 posts)
3. I think this is the only reason they don't recuse
Fri May 24, 2024, 07:17 AM
May 24

themselves. I don't think it has anything to do with "threats." I think those are false flags that they manufacture as excuses to do what their financial backers want them to do. They are about money and power almost nothing else matters to them.

Rhiannon12866

(211,783 posts)
4. I agree with you, Alito and Thomas have gotten used to the perks, but the issues facing SCOTUS have gotten more dangerous
Fri May 24, 2024, 07:33 AM
May 24

No president or former president in history has called for violence, refused to admit that he lost, or called for an insurrection to remain in power - let alone faced criminal trials or insisted that he (and no past or future president) was subject to "immunity." Nixon came closest, but once his fellow Republicans turned against him, he resigned. That's the biggest difference, TFG tried to overthrow the government to remain in power and Republicans in Congress support him and his lies.

Wonder Why

(3,783 posts)
6. They are and have been part of the problem, not part of the solution. Criminals, cowards and traitors. SCOTUS today.
Fri May 24, 2024, 05:46 PM
May 24

mopinko

(70,900 posts)
5. dick durbin shd had the gavel to sheldon, since he isnt using it.
Fri May 24, 2024, 07:45 AM
May 24

he’s my senator. met him several times. he’s a very nice man. but he has a spine of jello. quaking jello.
he pops up at the mic to say the rt thing when there’s a hot issue in the news. but that’s it.
i was sad that he ran again last time. pls ja make this his last term.

but ffs man. hand the gavel to whitehouse. b4 it’s too late.

Latest Discussions»Issue Forums»Liberal YouTubers»Democratic Senator Sheldo...