HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Buttigieg 2020 (Group) » do NOT freak out on on th...
Pete Buttigieg You are in the Buttigieg 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Pete Buttigieg as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 07:22 PM

do NOT freak out on on the bullshit Harris poll that shows Pete at 1%

That poll is extraordinarily flawed, all over the board on a historical basis, is run by the despicable RW rotter Scott Rasmussen, surveys a crazy amount of Rethugs/non-Dems (63%) and conservatives/so-called mods (73%), and overall is worth the paper I wipe my dainty brown arse with when I venture into the loo.

That is all.

6 replies, 1228 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply do NOT freak out on on the bullshit Harris poll that shows Pete at 1% (Original post)
Celerity Jul 15 OP
MBS Jul 15 #1
IndyOp Jul 15 #2
Celerity Jul 15 #3
Capt. America Jul 15 #4
leftofcool Jul 16 #5
femmedem Jul 16 #6

Response to Celerity (Original post)

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 07:48 PM

1. No worries , not freaked out!

Last edited Mon Jul 15, 2019, 08:22 PM - Edit history (1)

Good to know the source of the poll, which explains a lot. But whatever the poll or headline drama of the day, I continue to maintain this strangely (for me) serene confidence that Pete will win the nomination. What I keep coming back to: every time I hear him speak, whether in informal and formal interviews, speeches, or debates (well, the one we’ve had so far), I just see the next president of the United States. He is the Man of the Hour. Period.

Also: the polls mean very very little at this point anyway.
My current anti-anxiety medication is to abstain from all talking-head shows (especially those that focus solely on the horse race)and to pay minimal attention to polls. This daily regimen has done wonders for my nightly sleep!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 10:04 PM

2. Not freaked out - he has been working his ass off

connecting with the Douglas Plan and working his way to the top of the Iowa polls. He is focusing on building strong support with the most important groups.

Reply to this post

Response to IndyOp (Reply #2)

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 10:23 PM

3. Pete is literally the only one of the top 5 I do not have serious issues with

I was big into the Harris camp as well, but her M4A stance is an electoral loser. She needs to re-think that.

The only other ones I would be happy to vote for are

Abrams (if she runs)
Bullock
Bennet
Inslee

So far it sure looks like it is Biden's to lose. Dog help us all if he is not up to taking on Rump.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 15, 2019, 10:30 PM

4. Not only is he getting stronger as a candidate, his money will make it so he can stay in the game

for a while.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 16, 2019, 06:42 AM

5. Don't worry, Pete is the only candidate I will vote for in the primary

He is the only honest candidate we have running.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 16, 2019, 07:58 PM

6. Thank you!

I'm still a little freaked out that his support in other polls is dipping, but I'm hoping that his Douglass Plan and his ability to fund outreach will help lift him back up. Some good news: he still has a great favorable:unfavorable ratio.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread