HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Buttigieg 2020 (Group) » Thank you WaPo columnist ...
Pete Buttigieg You are in the Buttigieg 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Pete Buttigieg as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Fri Apr 26, 2019, 10:13 PM

Thank you WaPo columnist Kathleen Parker!!

In an op-ed titled "Biden is empathetic and compassionate. But he’s not the obvious candidate," Parker closes her column with:

Pete Buttigieg, who has served as mayor of South Bend, Ind., since 2012, is the Barack Obama of his generation — a composite of opposites generated by an anti-Trump algorithm — and today’s quintessential candidate. The country may not yet be ready for a gay man and his husband in the White House, but Buttigieg is, in my view, the most significant voice in the presidential race.

And, hey, you can call him Mayor Pete.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/is-joe-biden-too-kind-to-be-president/2019/04/26/5158aea8-6856-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html

Somebody get this woman a Pulitzer nomination!

4 replies, 649 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thank you WaPo columnist Kathleen Parker!! (Original post)
True Dough Apr 2019 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Apr 2019 #1
Celerity Apr 2019 #2
radical noodle Apr 2019 #3
Corgigal Apr 2019 #4

Response to True Dough (Original post)

Fri Apr 26, 2019, 11:12 PM

1. She's very good! I'll bet she's already gotten a Pulitzer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 26, 2019, 11:17 PM

2. Kathleen Parker is very problematic, she is centre-right wing and has a 'history', shall we say

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Parker

During the 2018 Brett Kavanaugh nomination to be a justice of the United States Supreme Court, Parker wrote a column advancing the theory that the alleged victim, Christine Blasey Ford, was mistaken in her identification of Brett Kavanaugh, and that there must be a Kavanaugh doppelgänger.[16] The doppelgänger theory[17] was denounced as ludicrous and madness by multiple other Washington Post columnists, such as Max Boot,[18] Eric Wemple,[19][20] Jennifer Rubin, E. J. Dionne, and Avi Selk.

It is a good piece for us, but Parker is not the best messenger to get much love from our fellow Democrats atm.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 26, 2019, 11:30 PM

3. She may be center right

but she is anti-trump and wants him to lose.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 27, 2019, 12:19 AM

4. It's a lovely piece.

I just wish others could recognize it. He gonna have to shine and bring everyone else aboard.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread