HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Ohio donors giving all De...
Undecided 40%
Joe Biden14%
Kamala Harris11%
Elizabeth Warren11%
Pete Buttigieg8%

Sat Apr 20, 2019, 08:55 PM

Ohio donors giving all Democratic candidates something, even Williamson (who?)

Former Gov. Ted Strickland doesn’t think Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has much of a shot in the Democratic presidential primary, but that didn’t stop him from tossing his campaign $1,000.

“I think he would be a wonderful president,” said Mr. Strickland, the Ohio Democrat who occupied the governor’s mansion from 2007 to 2011. “I don’t know that he will win.”

The former governor’s support for Mr. Inslee — who’s running on a platform of combating climate change — is as much personal as it is political. They shared an apartment in Washington, D.C., when they served together in the U.S. House of Representatives. Mr. Strickland, 77, describes Mr. Inslee, 68, as one of his closest friends, and has no doubts about whether he could run the country.

“He’s the real deal,” Mr. Strickland said. “He’s steady, he’s mature, he’s creative, he’s courageous. He’s all the things you would want in a president.”

Read more: https://www.toledoblade.com/news/nation/2019/04/19/Ohioans-support-long-shot-Democrats-contributions-money-candidates-party-presideno/stories/20190417155
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Beto O'Rourke

2 replies, 336 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ohio donors giving all Democratic candidates something, even Williamson (who?) (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 20 OP
ancianita Apr 21 #1
TexasTowelie Apr 21 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Apr 21, 2019, 01:39 AM

1. Lots of governors like Inslee. He was chair of the Democratic Governors Association.

Jay Inslee

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ancianita (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 21, 2019, 01:46 AM

2. We are fortunate to have such an abundant of riches to select as our nominee.

It will be interesting to watch the debates to see the cream rise to the top.
Beto O'Rourke

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread