HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Endorsement: Vote Pete Bu...
Joe BidenCongratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 04:19 PM

Endorsement: Vote Pete Buttigieg president to make America good again

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/story/2020-02-20/endorsement-pete-buttigieg-for-president-of-the-united-states-would-make-am?fbclid=IwAR24DEgOpbP9aCZ2F501U_ShID7Ey93bhFeOmgv57eAI2UFVOhEOnL9S9Wg

Endorsement: Vote Pete Buttigieg president to make America good again
By The San Diego Union-Tribune Editorial Board
Feb. 20, 2020
10:58 AM

snip//

It’s close, but in the view of The San Diego Union-Tribune Editorial Board, Buttigieg is best suited to beat Trump because of his centrist policies, his military experience, his (admittedly small-scale) executive experience and the enthusiasm he’s inspired, with better fundraising and national polling, bigger campaign crowds and more news coverage than Klobuchar. He has shown he can manage a national campaign successfully. And in a nation that only legalized same-sex marriage in 2015, his message of generational change could actually inspire change.

Of the six strong Democratic candidates left, half are 77- or 78-year-old men, two are women, one of whom is 70, and then there is Buttigieg. He may have only been mayor of the fourth-largest city in Indiana, but his fresh approach is transformational. He came out in an op-ed in a local newspaper while seeking reelection in 2015, choosing his ability to love openly over his presumed ability to advance more easily in politics.

Buttigieg wound up with a greater share of the vote than he’d won at age 29 in 2011.

snip//

The way Buttigieg speaks of his decision to come out — or of any decision he has made or might make — reveals a well-reasoned, thoughtful deliberation process that would serve the White House well. That it needs such sagacity now is the understatement of all understatements.

The New York Times Editorial Board asked Buttigieg how he would balance his devout Episcopalian faith with his duties as commander in chief, and he showed both his wisdom and his eloquence: “I think you have to accept the reality that you are living and working in a broken world just as we are all broken human beings and try to order your steps in a way that brings greater good than harm.”

That resonated with us, for its lofty rhetoric and grounding in humanity and hope: “greater good.”

It’s time for a generational change. It’s time to make America good again.

Vote Pete Buttigieg for president of the United States.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

5 replies, 380 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Endorsement: Vote Pete Buttigieg president to make America good again (Original post)
babylonsister Feb 2020 OP
Laelth Feb 2020 #1
still_one Feb 2020 #2
femmedem Feb 2020 #3
BootinUp Feb 2020 #4
Celerity Feb 2020 #5

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 04:20 PM

1. Hear! Hear! n/t

-Laelth
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 04:23 PM

2. It is a good endorsement. Good for Pete

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 04:37 PM

3. K&R.

Thanks for posting this! I was excited to read it, although I would be happy with most of our candidates as nominee.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 05:45 PM

4. Nice! Nt

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 20, 2020, 05:51 PM

5. great news!!!

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread